DieFree

Can stage yellow support the death penalty? 

289 posts in this topic

Most people who support the death penalty aren't using the perspective of empathy or mercy. 

Use mercy and you'll see that criminals also deserve our empathy and understanding. 

Use mercy and empathy from a meta perspective. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

Here's my question to you Greenies: If Osama Bin Laden or Hitler were captured alive, would you give them life in prison?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

Here's my question to you Greenies: If Osama Bin Laden or Hitler were captured alive, would you give them life in prison?

Osama was just protecting his country from the evils of the United States' imperialism, to save the children. Also Hitler was a dog lover who just wanted to lift his nation out of a great economic travesty, and he wanted to lovingly reunite all the countries of Europe under the family roots of Germanic tribes and their sacred ways, to bring about peace and stability through a single superior government.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

These people would be too dangerous to keep in a prison.

Prisons can be used a grounds to spread their ideology and escape through prison riots. ISIS is doing this and recruiting new members in prisons.

Think of all of the violent criminals these people could radicalize given life in prison.

@Leo GuraWhy would you put him to death? For vengeance?  Or to save resources?  It's not a question for green this goes far beyond green.   What good would executing them be other than the desire to make someone feel better?  Now - the question is- should one play God to make another human feel better?  And in fact this won't make them feel whole again it is just piling one wrong on top of another.  That is the highest understanding. 

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Leo Gura you do realize that you are cherry picking. 

A better question to ask yourself is--

Is every criminal in the US prison equivalent to Bin Laden or Hitler? 

You could give them the death penalty. 

But you're using extreme cases. This is a logical fallacy and not very helpful to the argument. 

You're generalizing in an attempt to sway the argument 

Poor tactic. 

Most Criminals are nowhere comparable to the examples you stated. 

There are millions of people languishing in the US prison system. some of whom are charged falsely. 

be practical and nuanced Leo. 

you are not going to win this argument. this time it's a no.. 

all your arguments on this situation are petty cherry picking, impractical and exaggeration 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

3 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@Leo GuraWhy would you put him to death? For vengeance?  Or to save resources?  It's not a question for green this goes far beyond green.   What good would executing them be other than the desire to make someone feel better?  Now - the question is- should one play God to make another human feel better?

This is a great counter argument. On point. 

♡✸♡.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The American court system is not corrupt.

I have a criminal justice degree this is where we part ways Leo. Its ridiculously corrupt. In fact there is too much evidence of its corruption. Its slowly being worked on but its wayyyyyyyyyyyy too corrupt. They have done so much research on how crimes are prosecuted, prosecutorial misconduct which is rampant, and other issues dealing with policing. You really don't want to know how bad it is.

We shouldn't even call it criminal justice lol.

https://nij.ojp.gov/topics/articles/handful-unlawful-behaviors-led-fraud-and-bribery-account-nearly-all-public

Don't get me started on how race, gender, and the good ole boys system plays a role, also media coverage heavily influences the result as well. Its not as much about the facts, as it is about people's feelings and perceptions. You can't even divorce the courts from politics. They are so intertwined and our politics are corrupt so it bleeds into the courts as well.

Edited by Razard86

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

Delighted to have started a controversy. Learning alot here. 

29 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@Leo Gura Why would you put him to death? For vengeance?  Or to save resources?

Both really.

It's not emotional vengeance, it's justice. Why should a human be allowed to kill many others and get away with his life? Makes no sense. You reap what you sow. Karma.

If you kill a bunch of civilians we have no obligation to be nice to you. You didn't value life, so then your life also has no value. Tis only fair.

Again, this is the classic example of Stage Red exploiting Stage Green compassion. Green is so soft to know how to handle Red properly, therefore Red ends up exploiting Green until Green runs dry.

You have compassion for these Reds at a distance. But if you actually had to live with them in close proximity, they would totally exploit and bully you until you lost your shit.

Edited by Leo Gura

3 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

I took criminal justice this is where we part ways Leo. Its ridiculously corrupt. In fact there is too much evidence of its corruption. Its slowly being worked on but its wayyyyyyyyyyyy too corrupt. They have done so much research on how crimes are prosecuted, prosecutorial misconduct which is rampant, and other issues dealing with policing. You really don't want to know how bad it is.

We shouldn't even call it criminal justice lol.

@Razard86 I profoundly disagree with Leo on that statement.

I looked at "the new Jim Crow" for example which goes into detail about the criminal justice system. for example, blacks receive harsher sentencing than whites. This translates into blacks receiving the death penalty while whites do not even though the same crime is committed.

There is a whole slew of problems with plea deals. The fact that prosecutors can provoke a guilty plea because of your lack of money is outrageous. The criminal justice system depends on these practices because of the mass incarceration caused by the war on drugs.

Leo also tends to side with police officers in controversial cases. I wonder why he takes this kind of stance on criminal justice.

3 minutes ago, trenton said:

I looked at "the new Jim Crow" for example which goes into detail about the criminal justice system. for example, blacks receive harsher sentencing than whites. This translates into blacks receiving the death penalty while whites do not even though the same crime is committed.

Obviously that needs to be fixed.

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Both really.

It's not emotional vengeance, it's justice. Why should a human be allowed to kill many others and get away with his life? Makes no sense. You reap what you sow. Karma.

If he's dead is he going to suffer for killing many others or is someone else just happy that justice was served.   What is justice is relative is it not?  Justice can also be considered not allowing him to hurt others by imprisonment.  This would also humiliate him.  If you kill him he isn't around to reap what he sowed. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

On 9/3/2022 at 10:12 PM, Leo Gura said:

You reap what you sow. Karma.

Murderers are not personally responsible for their actions, so why punish them as if they were? If anything, we should feel sympathy for someone unlucky enough to have a mind capable of such depravity. We should lock them up to deter them from killing others, but to sentence them to death in the name of karma is misguided.

@Leo Gura

Edited by Yali

Unhealthy Yellow is Leo becoming obsessed with Blue "law and order" nonsense about "this is what we do with criminals" and Babylonian code / decalogue archaisms.

Not all murderers should be killed. Some should be kept around for neuroscientific/psychological purposes.

And if they are to be killed for economic purposes, then there are other things that need to be reorganized for the same purposes. What would the economic landscape even look like at that point, so who knows whether or not some bones should be thrown to the murderers?

And if they are to be killed for retributory/karmic purposes, then it should be done all the way and not dishonest halfway barrenness. If you want to punish them, you should really punish them. Tear them apart. Use fire. Anything to be honest with yourself, for Truth. And the people that want it most of all to happen should be responsible. The fact all this human nature of desire for homicidal revenge is hidden between legalisms and walls of government buildings is just ridiculous.

My personal perspective is that I don't care.

My greater perspective is that they should be rehabilitated. And the ones that seemingly can't be rehabilitated should be experimented on to see if they possibly can be after all, or if there's something their lives and their brain structures might reveal.

17 minutes ago, Yali said:

Murderers are not personally responsible for their actions, so why should we punish them as if they were? If anything, we should feel sympathy for someone unlucky enough to have a mind capable of such depravity. We should still lock them up to deter them from killing others, but to sentence them to death is misguided.

@Leo Gura

Because the orange population expects "justice".  So let's give em some.  But let's make him rot his mind in a cell.  Oh I see turquoise' argument now -  he could actually enjoy his life there.  Read books.   Gain an education....awaken.   yeah.  But let me throw Coral at ya.   If he's dead he ain't suffering.  If u want justice the old fashioned way slice his eyeballs out and remove the tongue.  Then toss him in a cell with no windows for the rest of his days.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Yes, a stage yellow person like Dabiel Schmachtenberger for example, and a stage yellow society can support the death penalty given enough information and contextual understanding of how the death penalty effects a person, all the way up to cultures and the world. A stage yellow person and society is not hyper emotional, soy, and care bear delusional hippie like that is too stage green, or too individualistic business and profit driven like Stage orange, or too nationalistic, patriotic or religious like stage blue. Stage yellow has ascended tier 1 cognition, and operates above it in tier 2 cognition, and is above the moralizing games of the stages like many posts if triggered users ub this thread denonstrate clearly.

We are evidently far away from a stage yellow society and population wise we rarely find any stage yellow system thinkers. So we'll have to waut until we have the matrix, and A.I that is hyper intelligent decides who to spare or not for the greater good.

@DieFree

45 minutes ago, DieFree said:

Delighted to have started a controversy. Learning alot here. 

Maybe too delighted.

The only people so far that I could not have empathy or compassion for even if I tried my hardest are the British grooming gangs

To operate in a gang and terrorize women with rape and torture, it's simply inexcusable because they're being frighteningly predatory. 

Such people don't deserve empathy because they operate in gangs. This cannot be a situation of bad upbringing. It has to be with gaining power using pack mentality. 

Such people need to be locked away for good. 

Other than that, most criminals might not be predatory but just a product of their circumstances. 

Of course there needs to be exceptions to showing empathy and compassion. 

Meanwhile most criminals deserve our compassion but some criminals especially the predatory ones do not. Because clearly they are exploitative and not committing a crime out of desperation (example theft can be out of desperation and not exploitation ) so exploitative criminals might continue their methods of exploitation  if they are released into society. 

These include terrorists and certain types of gangs like grooming gangs

It's just to ensure protection of vulnerable groups.. 

Edited by Tyler Robinson

♡✸♡.