Someone here

Need accountability partner

26 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Still contains nicotine (which is the substance I'm addicted to ).

It's better than the alternative though.  You're unlikely to ever get cancer from edible/vapable tobacco products.

If you allow yourself to vape, for example, then to never smoke again in your life actually becomes a realistic target.

And when you one day realize you never get cravings for cigarettes anymore.. then you can replace the vape with something else again, maybe something slightly healthier.

As bad and unhealthy as tobacco. If not even worse . Same with weed .let alone the fact that I don't have access to these in my country. They are banned/illegal. 

Nor sure what are these .gotta Google them lol.

Kratom's probably a good option here.  I think it's probably still legal in the US too.

Oh and weed's definitely much much healthier than tobacco.

Smoke is bad from any herb, but people only smoke like 0.1g-1g of weed per day, whereas tobacco smokers smoke what.. like 10g-50g per day? Per hour?!

Edited by thisintegrated

1 hour ago, thisintegrated said:

Smoke is bad from any herb, but people only smoke like 0.1g-1g of weed per day, whereas tobacco smokers smoke what.. like 10g-50g per day? Per hour?!

Flashback to when my dealer said he smoked 50g in a day with a friend and his friend had to go to the mental hospital afterwards ?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Why is smoking so unique? What does it offer that nothing else does?

46 minutes ago, Mz Hyde said:

Why is smoking so unique? What does it offer that nothing else does?

It's like scratching yourself when you feel an itch. Nothing can replace that.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

8 hours ago, Someone here said:

@Carl-Richard The why / reason has to be strong enough that it outweighs the desire to smoke.

This is your answer right here. You simply need to make a strong enough decision to quit. That's it. But in order to make that decision you need to truly, emotionally connect with an intrinsic desire on why you are quitting and have a vision for your life afterwards. You need to have something to connect with when the cravings come up, it can't just be some flimsy reason.

If it helps any, I quit by using kratom during the withdrawal: https://www.reddit.com/r/kratom/comments/78jxxs/quit_smoking_cigarettes_with_kratom_howto_and_why/

Edited by thepixelmonk

@Carl-Richard Sorry, but you are not @Someone here and you can't really know what it's like for him, in his personal experience, for everyone constructs his/her model of reality in his/her unique way. These questions were asked mostly to make him try to really think about it in a different way. How could one change anything if one doesn't change their perspective on the matter first?

What is exactly his 'itch'? Why is he 'scratching' the way he does, and not in some other way? What would happen if he just stayed present with it?