OBEler

5 meo breakthrough, is this it?

78 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Proserpina said:

@Leo Gura Question. Do you think there is value in exploring the psyche in controlled psychosis the way Carl Jung did.  I can’t do psychedelics but I can access these states.

I don't know what "controlled psychosis" means. Sounds dangerous. But if you can find a way to do it safely, then sure, explore away.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Basically you can enter and leave at will and explore archetypes of the mind as Carl Jung did.  Including the Self.

Edited by Proserpina

???????

6 minutes ago, Proserpina said:

@Leo Gura Basically you can enter and leave at will and explore archetypes of the mind as Carl Jung did.  Including the Self.

That's all good, but I don't consider it Awakening. Awakening is a very distinct state.

Edited by Leo Gura

47 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes. If you care about knowing consciousness.

People who do not do psychedelics do not understand consciousness. Why should they? Nowhere is it written that you should. Your brain chemistry is the ultimate roadblock. That should not be so surprising. After all, you cannot fly like a bird simply because you weren't born with wings. And if meditation works, it works by altering your brain chemistry. Just not suffciently enough to fully unlock your mind.

That has always made sense to me. I have so far been going about changing my brain chemistry more conservatively (meditation, diet, supplements, microdosing etc.), since nowhere it is written that you have to take psychedelics to understand consciousness lol, but it seems plausible that psychedelics might be a kind of gatekeeper for the deepest waters.

So I guess the bottleneck is the limitations my human form impose on my consciousness?

Edited by Nilsi

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

@Leo Gura how do you think would your life have unfolded if you had stumbled upon psychedelics in your early twenties? Would Actualized.org even exist?

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

15 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

So I guess the bottleneck is the limitations my human form impose on my consciousness?

Of course! If you were born an ant you'd be screwed ;)

12 minutes ago, mmKay said:

@Leo Gura how do you think would your life have unfolded if you had stumbled upon psychedelics in your early twenties? Would Actualized.org even exist?

Hard to say. I'm pretty glad I discovered them only later in my 30s because they would have interfered with starting my business and building out the necessary infrastructure for Actualized.org

Edited by Leo Gura

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Of course! If you were born an ant you'd be screwed ;)

Not what I wanted to hear, but makes sense lol.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

46 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

they would have interfered with starting my business and building out the necessary infrastructure for Actualized.org

Why would they interfere? Isn't it carry water and chop wood after enlightenment?

47 minutes ago, LSD-Rumi said:

Isn't it carry water and chop wood after enlightenment?

No.

Awakening will force you to rethink your whole life.

Edited by Leo Gura

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

And if meditation works, it works by altering your brain chemistry. Just not suffciently enough to fully unlock your mind.

I don't like that perspective on meditation, because meditation works even when you are on low-medium dose of psychedelics. So meditation is rather a skillful usage of mind. I deem that angle of looking at it more important than considering whatever it might be doing at the body chemistry layer/level.

I understand that you probably have meant "works" as in "works and permanently shifts your level of awerness a few degrees", but I believe that this other definition of meditation is more important and deserves highlightning.

Meditation is Mind skillfully bending the Mind.

Proper meditation is what enables to shift and underwhelming/underdosed trip into a breakthrough.

It was not needed for OP's girlfriend, it seems, but I am curious to hear opinions of some more experienced users with both meditation and strong psychedelics if they agree. Maybe there are other options, maybe it's random, maybe it's dose dependant. What are you thinking?

8 minutes ago, Girzo said:

meditation works even when you are on low-medium dose of psychedelics.

If it works, it works because you've spent years rewiring the neurons in your brain.

Yes, weightlifting works, however you will never lift as much as I can with a forklift.

It is the mark of wisdom to know your own limits.

Edited by Leo Gura

19 hours ago, Nilsi said:

I am open to that possibility, in fact I know it's the case, but living my life naturally takes me to states of consciousness I'm not yet aware of. I just don't see why psychedelic insights are privileged over "sober" ones.

Everything you said was true, but the reason they are privileged is because they really drop the boundaries our mind constructs. The Logic part of Consciousness is addicted to constructing boundaries, and the Love part is addicted to erasing boundaries. Psychedelics....are really good at erasing boundaries, and also really good at showing you different angles or perspectives of the same thing.

Not only that....they slowly raise your base line awareness, they literally alter your biology. I only had 1 trip off a mushroom and 1 off an edible...and the amount of awareness and love I have been able to develop just off those 2 trips....is ridiculous. But I am like you....they are immensely unstabilizing so I have a healthy respect for them and I'm hesitant about the ways they will mess with my mind. But I also realize....the highest expression of myself....is on the other end of that. 

When you release all attachments and are able to truly love everything equally....then you are truly free. I know it intellectually but not emotionally yet. Psychedelics will get you there quicker by giving you the experiences necessary for you to embody it emotionally.

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes. If you care about knowing consciousness.

People who do not do psychedelics do not understand consciousness. Why should they? Nowhere is it written that you should. Your brain chemistry is the ultimate roadblock. That should not be so surprising. After all, you cannot fly like a bird simply because you weren't born with wings. And if meditation works, it works by altering your brain chemistry. Just not suffciently enough to fully unlock your mind.

That it is uncommon doesn't imply impossibility.

Anyone can become conscious of their nature because what they are is already the case. If you disagree, you're conflating possibility with probability.

I guess "should" is irrelevant in that aspect.

And meditation seems to me aimed at healing and calming the mind, which of course won't necessarily lead to direct consciousness. For that, we should start thinking in terms of contemplation, in my view.

4 hours ago, UnbornTao said:

That it is uncommon doesn't imply impossibility.

Anyone can become conscious of their nature because what they are is already the case. If you disagree, you're conflating possibility with probability.

I guess "should" is irrelevant in that aspect.

And meditation seems to me aimed at healing and calming the mind, which of course won't necessarily lead to direct consciousness. For that, we should start thinking in terms of contemplation, in my view.

Anyone can win the lottery, but what I teach is how to hit the jackpot reliably.

Edited by Leo Gura

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Anyone can win the lottery, but what I teach is how to hit the jackpot reliably.

I think that what you do is the future of humanity. I think that in a few years there will be personal guides that will take you to full awakening with psychedelics. I imagine something like a personalized therapy, one by one, in which the guide is able to capture the student well and know what they need, the integration times, resolve their doubts. maybe a one year process, 18 months, if the student is brave and willing.

surely in a few years, 5, 6, there will be actualized apostles taking the psychedelic gospel to humanity?. It's the only spiritual work that works.

Edited by Breakingthewall

Oh God, what monster have I created.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

off topic, but out of curiosity: 

Have you already witnessed how you imagined the imagination process of an ai imagining art? 

That would be some triple meta imagining magic going on ;)

Edited by Vynce

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Maybe you ve start a revolution, who knows .or if not start it, give it a good push

Edited by Breakingthewall

On 23/09/2022 at 3:44 PM, Leo Gura said:

No.

Awakening will force you to rethink your whole life.

What is awakening lol, its jsut a word