blacksapp

Feeling "unhuman"?

8 posts in this topic

Hello guys, not sure if this is the right to post it so if it is just tell me.
For some problems in life, I got in this mind-state of "unhuman", I feel like i'm a horrible person even if I don't do such wrong things...but I don't feel humanized...I feel like I've lost sensibility for other people and sensibility for situations that I probably should...
How to get away from it?

You might be blocking your feelings. Just let them in even if they're unpleasant, they will pass.

Was there an event that caused you to feel "unhuman"?

Has this feeling of being inhuman gradually overtaken you?

Have you always felt disconnected from other people and situations?

7 hours ago, Bodhi123 said:

Was there an event that caused you to feel "unhuman"?

Has this feeling of being inhuman gradually overtaken you?

Have you always felt disconnected from other people and situations?

1. In fact, there is a lot of facts that made me this (I guess). My rejection problems, my father's death, my break-up with my girlfriend, and they kinda "snowball" and another things...Guess I'm supressing some feelings ):

2.YES! Hurt after hurt, disappointments and stuff made my emotional side break.

3. No, when I was a teenager and when I was a kid I always had much friends and was social and stuff, like a normal kid.

@blacksapp Life is rough bro, sometimes it can knock you on your ass. Unfortunately it seems like you’ve been going through a tough time for a while.

I looked over your previous posts and it seems like you’ve gotten some good advice in the past about how to address your depression: 1) Meditation 2) Mindfulness 3) Implement healthy habits 4) Create a positive vision of your life

This is all great advice and I agree and support it.

I’ve gone through a bit of depression myself and for me the hardest part was seeing through the “darkness”. It seems like things will never get better. This is not true.

The only new advice I can offer you is: BELIEVE IN YOURSELF

Believe you deserve to be happy and loved. Believe you have what it takes to improve your life. Believe that it is possible. Believe with all of your heart that good times will be yours again… because it is true.

Is really beeing tough for a while, but I know there's some hope somewhere!
The hardest part of "believing in myself" is that sometimes I don't trust myself to take some actions...its kinda confusing but happens to me.

Well, I'll try to it (Not supressing emotions / Believe myself) again!

I'm feeling really good and sad sometimes, looks like is good to change but it hurts sometimes...
I think the fact that I recognize myself as a "unhuman" its part of the cure, now I can change, right?

Thanks Bodhi123! 

I wouldn’t recommend that you label yourself as “unhuman”.  You are a human that has suffered some trauma which has led to a pattern of negative thinking that fuels the negative emotions.

I would recommend that you begin to recognize the negative thoughts (e.g. I’m unhuman, I’m a horrible person, I don’t believe in myself, I can’t change, etc.) and REJECT them. Do not focus on these thoughts. Let them pass as quickly as you can.

@blacksapp You have positive feelings within you at this very moment. The problem is you don’t feel them because they are covered up by your depression.

This is why meditation would be helpful. Meditation will help quiet your mind… when your mind is quiet (not thinking) you will find that you feel peaceful. Embrace this peace.

I will try getting more conscious about this thoughts, then!
I think I'm getting more aware of the situation and feeling better actually!
Getting meditation "harder" tho xD
Thanks so much @Bodhi123