BipolarGrowth

Your Ass is Not Enlightened (Quick Video I made directly for Actualized.org users)

69 posts in this topic

Just to clarify, I’m using “enlightenment”, which is not a word that was ever used in eastern contexts up until recently, to refer to liberation from suffering. Everyone has their own definition, and this is not the only definition I personally use for that word, but this is what the video is speaking about/to. 

Edited by BipolarGrowth

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

Smoking +working out (bulking ) in the gym isn't a good combo bro:)

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

2 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Smoking +working out (bulking ) in the gym isn't a good combo bro:)

I’ve never heard of this one before. I greatly appreciate the information!!! ?

Edited by BipolarGrowth

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 

You are associating awakening or enlightenment with acting "high conscious (embodiment) and with "wisdom" and curing all of ailments, while yes it does increase your baseline and may do this for a while, eventually your baseline is not going to stay at that level...wisdom and embodiment is going to come more with life experience then with enlightenment.

You can be enlightened as fuck and still be an alcoholic.  Overcoming alcoholism is separate from being enlightened.  In other words awakening doesn't cure you of illnesses or addictions.  It may alleviate them for a period of years when you awake, but eventually they may come back because you don't stay at infinite levels of consciousness as a finite being - though for a period of time after awakening your consciousness can still be at a much higher baseline.

@BipolarGrowth by the way are you still in chicago?  That's where i live so hit me up on PM if you want.

I'm sorry you suffer from Bipolar Disorder - its really a horrible disorder.   I guess this country singer Luke Bell just took his own life from it because he went off his medications or something.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

11 minutes ago, BipolarGrowth said:

I’ve never heard of this one before. I greatly appreciate the information!!! ?

xD

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Our ass is enlightened, it's our mind that doesn't realize it is.

Joking aside a long time ago I had a similar perspective that it's easy to be 'enlightened' on the mountain top retreat when there are fewer challenges but can we be 'enlightened' in the middle of the city where it's a struggle for survival.

So I sought for myself to be in the most challenging circumstances while still abiding in the presence of being I had 'on the mountain top'. Through this, though, I came to a realization that it was my conditional mind still searching for justification to be free from misery.

As if my 'self' wasn't allowing my 'self' to cease 'self' suffering unless I succeeded in overcoming and completing the obstacle course my 'self' had invented. The imagination will create the conditions that separate the self from well being, hence the conditional mind is it's own obstacle course.

So, you are speaking on some inspiring revelations in bringing awareness to not allowing conditions to become an obstacle to well being. Although, I would also like to make aware that the conditional mind can make a conditional obstacle out of the unconditional.

I respect and honor your challenges with mental health. I, too, have some just like so many people do and I hope for all of our well being to be realized.

Edited by SOUL

@BipolarGrowth Your lungs play a role in your mood and thoughts. If you don’t respect them and your other organs it’s gonna make healing to disorder more challenging. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

1 hour ago, Inliytened1 said:

I'm sorry you suffer from Bipolar Disorder - its really a horrible disorder.   I guess this country singer Luke Bell just took his own life from it because he went off his medications or something.

Jeez dude -wtf?

Enlightenment and embodiment are two separate things. I can fully know that this is a dream and in your scenario if you strapped me down and put a chainsaw too my leg experience horrific pain. But I got some fun facts to you about that since I have been in scenarios where I lost a ton of blood, so much it looked like a murder scene from an accident I got into as a passenger where I almost lost sight in my eye.

The movies make things look worse than they really are. The truth is if someone put a chainsaw to your leg, your whole body would go into shock and you would probably pass out from blood loss. For you to REALLY torture the person you better inject them with UPPERS to keep them awake and if their heart stops beating you better use a defibrillator to keep them alive and also cauterize the wound otherwise they would die from blood loss.

But the truth is I have been in excruciating points of pain and the irony is....if that pain last long enough....it stops hurting. For pain to REALLY HURT it has to die down and COME BACK.

If you notice pain throbs....it alternates is level. Every now and then it hits a level and stays there.....but then it must come down. Otherwise if it stayed there long enough...it would become a baseline and you would get USED TO IT. This is one of the secrets people don't realize about pain. 

Pain is also influenced by your heart beat/circulation. No circulation in an area...no pain.

Edited by Razard86

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

You can't expect enlightenment to cure you. 

All it can do is offer a new perspective on suffering. 

What y are talking about is spiritual bypassing 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

4 minutes ago, Tyler Robinson said:

What y are talking about is spiritual bypassing 

Exactly!

Sleeping on the streets of Chicago, woah man! Stay safe and I hope you're doing alright @BipolarGrowth

hrhrhtewgfegege

Sometimes I wonder… what is the mastery of life? And is that the more meaningful contemplation when we find ourself in financial straits.

Perhaps deep contemplation and execution on the pragmatically of life is more important. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Nobody on this forum is enlightened. and no one on this forum wants to be enlightened. maybe consilence. others want to know. knowing is of the ego. Leo has a huge ego. and this is good. who wants to be enlightened? I prefer to party and suffer. definitely. Give me mud, I love it. That's why mud exist 

@Inliytened1 everything you’re saying is correct and fine but also misses a bit of the point of the video. If I made a longer video on the topic, I probably would’ve covered much of what you said. 

The general idea of the video is that we should throw ourselves into challenging and beneficial circumstances regularly to find out how enlightened (free from suffering) we actually are. This still applies even if you have a different definition of enlightenment. Just put that one in as if the word enlightenment is just a placeholder. You could just as easily use God-Realization and all the baggage that comes with that. Are you God-Realized when the chainsaw is revving up and inching toward your leg?

Edited by BipolarGrowth

31 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Nobody on this forum is enlightened. and no one on this forum wants to be enlightened. maybe consilence. others want to know. knowing is of the ego. Leo has a huge ego. and this is good. who wants to be enlightened? I prefer to party and suffer. definitely. Give me mud, I love it. That's why mud exist 

Appreciate the callout. Im trying to try to reach enlightenment. Lol. 

Keep in mind, a lotus only blooms in mud. Suffering is not wasted. ❤️

Generally agree with @BipolarGrowth. A fast way to further one‘s development on the path is practicing in difficult situations. However it’s worth noting this can either be done skillfully or unskillfully. Striking an appropriate balance of stress is crucial to be successful with this approach. 

Edited by Consilience

6 hours ago, Ramu said:

@BipolarGrowth actually my ass IS enlightened.

Lol wow so you have a wise booty?

You don't need to throw yourself into difficult situations. Trust me, trouble is all around you if you want to get into some trouble its much easier than you think. The point is not to test yourself because there is nothing to test. The point of spirituality is the truth, in the face of the truth all delusions fall away. BipolarGrowth is everyone on the forum. He is the sun, the earth, he is everything. 

So who is being tested? What is being tested? What is happening? What is the substance of reality? Do you realize what is being asked? Fundamentally everyone is enlightened whether they pursue it or not. Its just you are either awake or asleep. If I fall into a dream, I FORGET I am dreaming. That is all. The moment you realize everything is a dream, you are enlightened. That's it.

If you are still searching it means you are just doubting that its a dream and are looking for MORE PROOF, or you are investigating the boundaries of the dream itself. Nothing wrong with either because its a dream. But understand this...if its a dream and you take a chainsaw to one who is asleep and one who is not does the result change? No. So explain what is the point of your premise? The result will be the same whether they are enlightened or not. 

Test it out right now. Close your eyes and place an enlightened guru, and place an unenlightened person under the same circumstances. Both shall lose their leg. Whether one hollers or one does not both shall lose a leg. The only difference is the enlightened guru recognizes the body is not them, while the unenlightened does not. But when the dream ends...it ends for both. Because all the actors, all the scenery, and every sensation come from the same source.

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

If you are enlightened you won't be posting on forums prob not even use the internet 

29 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

Lol wow so you have a wise booty?

You don't need to throw yourself into difficult situations. Trust me, trouble is all around you if you want to get into some trouble its much easier than you think. The point is not to test yourself because there is nothing to test. The point of spirituality is the truth, in the face of the truth all delusions fall away. BipolarGrowth is everyone on the forum. He is the sun, the earth, he is everything. 

So who is being tested? What is being tested? What is happening? What is the substance of reality? Do you realize what is being asked? Fundamentally everyone is enlightened whether they pursue it or not. Its just you are either awake or asleep. If I fall into a dream, I FORGET I am dreaming. That is all. The moment you realize everything is a dream, you are enlightened. That's it.

If you are still searching it means you are just doubting that its a dream and are looking for MORE PROOF, or you are investigating the boundaries of the dream itself. Nothing wrong with either because its a dream. But understand this...if its a dream and you take a chainsaw to one who is asleep and one who is not does the result change? No. So explain what is the point of your premise? The result will be the same whether they are enlightened or not. 

Test it out right now. Close your eyes and place an enlightened guru, and place an unenlightened person under the same circumstances. Both shall lose their leg. Whether one hollers or one does not both shall lose a leg. The only difference is the enlightened guru recognizes the body is not them, while the unenlightened does not. But when the dream ends...it ends for both. Because all the actors, all the scenery, and every sensation come from the same source.