Space

A.I. Art Is Destroying My Life Purpose

436 posts in this topic

@The Mystical Man 

Most geniuses are born not made. This is the sad truth about reality. The problem is not with tiktok or youtube, the prblem goes far deeper than that. When the society doesn't teach wisdom, There is  a huge waste of potential and people will not unlock the genius in them, I am wondering how many millions of geniuses we lost because of this?  you asking how we are gonna get geniuses, I tell how by becoming more wise. It is not a problem of AI, or youtube, or steam or anything like that. Humans are not wise, that's it.

5 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

@The Mystical Man 

Most geniuses are born not made. 

That's true to a certain degree. But Chase grew up in a certain generation, and that matters, too. What the mind gets exposed to while it's young plays a huge role in creating a genius.

Edited by The Mystical Man

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

On 9/21/2022 at 3:41 PM, The Mystical Man said:

We're born ignorant and with almost nothing. Geniuses make themselves that way.

Certainly, a healthy upbringing  and supportive environment can assist one in becoming masterful but these are external factors beyond the individual's control.

Take a look at their lives.

The ones with painful upbringings are more likely to be geniuses, not the other way around.

Trump vs Elon Musk lol

Additionally, Da Vinci was homosexual and left-handed in a time when both were socially condemned, plus he had some serious emotional problem/s and a shitty childhood if I recall correctly.

Edited by UnbornTao

@LSD-Rumi

4 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

@The Mystical Man 

Most geniuses are born not made. This is the sad truth about reality. The problem is not with tiktok or youtube, the prblem goes far deeper than that. When the society doesn't teach wisdom, There is  a huge waste of potential and people will not unlock the genius in them, I am wondering how many millions of geniuses we lost because of this?  you asking how we are gonna get geniuses, I tell how by becoming more wise. It is not a problem of AI, or youtube, or steam or anything like that. Humans are not wise, that's it.

Yes, I agree that most geniuses are more likely born and not made, but I think that geniuses are both born, and self-made and made by environmental and cultural pressures. There's no such thing as one key factor, there's a lot of factors including your stage of development, cognitive and moral development, personality types, states of beings and becoming, life experiences with people and the world, and other lines of development in different areas of life, and how those said geniuses have hyper holistic to hyper reduction like thinking, from big picture to small picture thinking and the ability to interconnect different parts together. On top of that is multiple types of skills natured and developed, and how skills combine and interplay, creates higher value individuals in a society.

It's worse than you think: genius requires the right birth and also the right effort. Everything has to align to be worldclass. You need the perfect mix of all things going in your favor. Which is why such people are so rare.

Many people can still a minor genius though with lots of effort.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Couldn't you modify your biology so you become a genius?

What about manifestation too? Couldn't you manifest becoming a genius?

Edited by Magnanimous

@Leo Gura

21 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It's worse than you think: genius requires the right birth and also the right effort. Everything has to align to be worldclass. You need the perfect mix of all things going in your favor. Which is why such people are so rare.

Many people can still a minor genius though with lots of effort.

Yes, many people can still be minor geniuses in their one or few fileds that they have had years to decades of being involved in.

On 9/21/2022 at 4:05 PM, LSD-Rumi said:

The problem is not with tiktok or youtube

That's part of the problem: https://nypost.com/2022/09/22/woke-gen-z-is-hellbent-on-destroying-entertainment/

This generation has poor taste. But we all lack taste when we're young, so I hope they'll grow out of it.

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

This is amazing and a great example of how real artists out in the world are using this tech.

On 9/24/2022 at 3:13 PM, The Mystical Man said:

That's part of the problem: https://nypost.com/2022/09/22/woke-gen-z-is-hellbent-on-destroying-entertainment/

This generation has poor taste. But we all lack taste when we're young, so I hope they'll grow out of it.

They grew up watching TikTok not Disney movies.

How tailoring media to maximize views indoctrinates the next generation. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

Microsoft recently announced that they're already implementing Dall-E 2 to some of their new products.

Art is just one medium. It can't destroy your life purpose: you just need to change the medium. For example, you made drawn art. Now you can make 3d art and create whole imaginary worlds. Look at how fun Genshin Impact world is. That too was made by artists.

Calm down. AI will replace 50% of jobs, forcing politicians to give us universal basic income and 3 day work weeks, and moving all people into social fields to fill in the smaller work weeks. You will have more spare time for your own projects, find a group that will create indie games/movies for fun. Getting people out of the work grind is a good thing in the big picture. But society as you know it now has to die

4 minutes ago, The Zen Viking said:

Calm down. AI will replace 50% of jobs, forcing politicians to give us universal basic income and 3 day work weeks, and moving all people into social fields to fill in the smaller work weeks. You will have more spare time for your own projects, find a group that will create indie games/movies for fun. Getting people out of the work grind is a good thing in the big picture. But society as you know it now has to die

100%

9 hours ago, The Zen Viking said:

Haha, no. You will just be eliminated as the useless meat that you are.

Make yourself useful, or die. Nobody is going to do this for you.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

useless is a very relative term - some of the greatest things in life are useless

Edited by Gidiot

It's late for me and this may not all make sense but here is my thoughts on this:

I work as a software engineer and have been for a number of years now. This is the exact same thing happening all over again with a number of website and application builders that require no-code. E.g

- Website builders ( squarespace, wix, etc )
- No-code / low-code solutions with drag and drop logic builders
- Auth0 no-code login solutions

In my case I saw these as interesting developments, all useful tools that formed a part of the equation. I've sold expensive website for as much as I charge custom building to clients numerous times and built them with Squarespace because I bring more to the table in terms of structuring websites, design, content planning, prior experience, and also you underestimate how little people care about learning to use these tools.

None of this detracts from my pure programming skills which I have learned and leveraged throughout my career. Any serious software startup requires serious developers ( the same would be true of art ). Structuring applications for high performance whilst under load, interfacing with other internal applications, designing APIs that are easy to consume by third parties, translating complex business requirements into logical flows are all meta skills which an AI is miles off comprehending.

Understanding which database or queue system to use, how to write elegant code and test it. Why certain patterns work. It goes so deep and that second-tier knowledge is what is well compenstated. Not just being a "code monkey" cranking out the same old lines of code.

If you are skilled in a creative or technically challenging field and have some passion and drive finding a job will be the least of your problems. For me it's the software equivalent of "change that button from blue to red and make the button go to the next page when I click it" rather than "Build an application that can service millions globally reliably that is intuitive to use and has a complex set of requirements that solves a niche problem"... See the 2 different worlds?

Even with new developments like Github Copilot, Prompt to Code AI systems which can convert a single line comment `// allow user to sign up and log in` into full-fledged working code are absolutely no threat. Because writing code is just the lowest common demoinator of a skilled software engineer. The technical ability to read and write code is the equivalent of a progressing from white belt in martial arts. 

Even the most sophisticated A.I cannot begin understand the context and nuances required to build a massive scale performance-critical application, and anything useful that could be generated is not itself useful outside of the context it exists in.

I share this because your situation is not special, it is not unique to art. Not some sudden development that is going to make all artists redunant. This has happened in software and website design long ago.

It should be seen as an opporutnity to grow and develop. And to integrate it into your workflow immediately. If you can't eventually outperform the AI there's an issue in translating a creative vision into a specific piece of art then just adjust and adapt.