Space

A.I. Art Is Destroying My Life Purpose

436 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, illusory said:

Except when you use a computer and art software the canvas is blank, its just a digital version of a blank canvas. You don't offload EVERYTHING to an AI to create artwork for you. You simply not getting this.

Why should you be allowed to use a computer AT ALL, since you are not a programmer? What right do you have?

I am done debating you guys on art.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Why should you be allowed to use a computer AT ALL, since you are not a programmer? What right do you have?

I have a computer, but i am not claiming i am an expert, programmer, or an artist or anything for that matter for having a computer.

The delusion is the fact you think you're a digital artist or painter now because you have AI doing everything.
(This doesn't only apply to you but thousands of people now who will use AI, which does undermine and devalue artist, which was a non issue before).

You've literally gone to the f**king gym put a Hydraulic Floor Jack and lifted a bunch of weights now you're walking around thinking you're a weight lifter and a gym goer, and the "Hydraulic Floor Jack" is "JUST A TOOL DUDE".

You've completely missed the point in the reason for lifting weights or being an artist for that matter. Because in fact you're not an artist in any field that requires draughtsmanship.

I agree you should stop talking about art, it's not your field and none of your videos or past content has indicated you have done any sort of art.

Level desiging using ready made assets is also why you're probably into AI art, you dont like creating art, you like directing art.

But would Leonardo Da vinci, Van goth, or Picasso be who they are today if they had no draughtsmanship but just told other artist what to paint?

Which of these terms do you think in all honesty describes the situation of someone using AI to create art more accurately?:

"Artist" or,
"AI Art user".

Edited by illusory

49 minutes ago, illusory said:

The delusion is the fact you think you're a digital artist or painter now

I never called myself a painter.

I don't give a fuck what you call me. All I care about it making better art.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Art, movies, music, games...  is going to explode with more interested then it ever has. We are HARD limited by the excruciating time and money it takes in getting our ideas from our head out into the world. We need a more direct tool.

Big movies have stifled in originality because its not profitable to take risk on anything. AI will lower the time and cost of production.

We will have full 2 hour fantastic movies and weekly tv shows produced by a SINGLE person.  

Indie game development is going to get a lot easier. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

@Space  Here's what AI can't take away - personalization.

A painting that objectively looks as good as one created by a human - that's one thing.

Art was never purely a competition of skill.

A painting or drawing that is about a human experience, or even capturing a personal relationship with real people - that will always feel more special than a machine generated whatever.

Exactly because YOU created it from your perspective.

That will have meaning to people who know you.

Don't take your humanness out of the equation.

You are your niche.

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

12 minutes ago, integral said:

Art, movies, music, games...  is going to explode with more interested then it ever has. We are HARD limited by the excruciating time and money it takes in getting our ideas from our head out into the world. We need a more direct tool.

Big movies have stifled in originality because its not profitable to take risk on anything. AI will lower the time and cost of production.

We will have full 2 hour fantastic movies and weekly tv shows produced by a SINGLE person.  

lol

Despite my opposition to A.I. drawing programs taking away my drawing future, I am open minded and willing to enough to try out a program like this to maybe give me weird sources of inspiration. However, when I try to go to the Midjourney site, and sign up to use their stuff, their page keeps on redirecting me to their fucking sign in page. Can someone please explain to me what to do to sign in? Do I have to go to a different site? Is there a free open source drawing A.I out there that's easier to access?

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I don't give a fuck what you call me. All I care about it making better art.

If making better art all you care about, then what would you say that you need to get better at to improve your art? Practice is the obvious answer. But what specific practice do you think is needed for your art to be better?

1 hour ago, Danioover9000 said:

Despite my opposition to A.I. drawing programs taking away my drawing future, I am open minded and willing to enough to try out a program like this to maybe give me weird sources of inspiration. However, when I try to go to the Midjourney site, and sign up to use their stuff, their page keeps on redirecting me to their fucking sign in page. Can someone please explain to me what to do to sign in? Do I have to go to a different site? Is there a free open source drawing A.I out there that's easier to access?

Midjourney works through Discord so you'll need to download that and create an account. The sign in button on the midjourney website takes you to your dashboard where you can see your image generations, community images etc. But you can't do any image generations on the website - it's mostly just for viewing images. It's all very easy to access and set up.

Edited by Space

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

@Space

1 minute ago, Space said:

Midjourney works through Discord so you'll need to download that and create an account. The sign in button on the midjourney website takes you to your dashboard where you can see your image generations, community images etc. But you can't do any image generations on the website. It's all done on discord. It's very easy to access and setup.

Thanks! Is the discord the same one as the wizard discord, or is it a different discord? I ask because I have an account already in the wizard discord so I might go through that way, but if they're not the same I'll just have to figure out some way.

Or the A.I is screwing with me, there's that too.

13 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Space

Thanks! Is the discord the same one as the wizard discord, or is it a different discord? I ask because I have an account already in the wizard discord so I might go through that way, but if they're not the same I'll just have to figure out some way.

Or the A.I is screwing with me, there's that too.

No idea what the wizard discord is. There's only 1 discord application, but you can be part of lots of different discord groups, if that's what you mean? There's only 1 official Midjourney discord group. 

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I don't give a fuck what you call me. All I care about is generating better AI art.

Fixed that for you Leo, it's a little more respectful towards real artist who actually have some technical and draughtsmanship ability. It's also more specific and accurate.

You wouldn't take credit for a human artist's painting even if you comissioned him, why do it with AI art?

55 minutes ago, ZzzleepingBear said:

If making better art all you care about, then what would you say that you need to get better at to improve your art? Practice is the obvious answer. But what specific practice do you think is needed for your art to be better?

Obviously the art of KEYWORDS and SELECTING best generated images. lol

Edited by illusory

2 hours ago, integral said:

Theres 8 billion people on the planet, there is no shortage of content anywhere, in games, movies, tv or youtube.

We have so much content now its paralysis by analysis.

People usually complain about there is no good game or movie, actually there are many great, hidden little gems that go unnoticed because people actually play popular games then they moan and b**** about how every game sucks and no one is creating anything new.

The hardest part about youtube is not creating an amazing video, it's getting thosuand, millions and billions of organic views on it.

just look at the steam library of games, it's a headace.

Edited by illusory

@illusory

1 minute ago, illusory said:

Theres 8 billion people on the planet, there is no shortage of content anywhere, in games, movies, tv or youtube.

People usually complain about there is no good game or movie, actually there are many great, hidden little gems that go unnoticed because people actually play popular games then they moan and b**** about how every game sucks and no one is creating anything new.

The hardest part about youtube is not creating an amazing video, it's getting thosuand, millions and billions of organic views on it.

Sadly, this is so true.

17 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@illusory

Sadly, this is so true.

its like when people get annoyed when leo doesnt release a video but then they havent seen his 400 or so old and outdated videos. haha

27 minutes ago, illusory said:

there is no shortage of content anywhere, in games, movies, tv or youtube

The majority of content is a waste of time. The great work of art—the timeless and flawless masterpiece—comes out as sporadically as ever. Tools become more accessible, and more people play around with those tools to make mediocre stuff. It seems as though God put a cap on how much genius he gives out. 

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

2 hours ago, illusory said:

Fixed that for you Leo, it's a little more respectful towards real artist who actually have some technical and draughtsmanship ability. It's also more specific and accurate.

You wouldn't take credit for a human artist's painting even if you comissioned him, why do it with AI art?

Obviously the art of KEYWORDS and SELECTING best generated images. lol

Yeah that is what it must come down to. I'd prefered he said it himself, but I doubt he will. So your answer in his place will do for this one.

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

This is the problem, you are incapable of having conversations and genuine exchange of perspective on this forum because of your attachment to your teacher role. All you can do is assert your own perspective and show others why they are wrong, or tell others you agree with them. But never an actual engagement/discourse.

Glory to Israel

5 hours ago, illusory said:

Its no where near the quality of my imagination lol 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

7 hours ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

lol

lol