Space

A.I. Art Is Destroying My Life Purpose

436 posts in this topic

@ZzzleepingBear

3 minutes ago, ZzzleepingBear said:

AI generated images is like making a smoothie out of resturant food for the sole purpose to down it faster, why sit down for an hour or two and chew a meal in a resturant when you can drink the same meal in a matter of seconds. A tasty meal in a tastless way.

And this is what I've been trying to point out. It's so easy to justify laziness this way, just type a few words, A.I. generates image, yay I'm an ARTIST!

Ya'll can keep whining. I'll keep improving my art. Let's see who comes out ahead.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Ya'll can keep whining. I'll keep improving my art. Let's see who comes out ahead.

My point exactly, Leo who spent his entire life doing other things now a full fledged digital artist :D

You win man, you do you!

Edited by illusory

1 minute ago, illusory said:

My point exactly, Leo who spent his entire life doing other things now a full fledged digital artist :D

You win man, you do you!

It's a win for humanity, but for obsolete artists who were making money with orthodox artwork this is the death of their marketability.

@Leo Gura e9a1999855bbfb10abca534c1ddbb98d.png Midjourney AI I take it?

Lookin' good. But now that everyone and their mother can be a stunning artist I think it's offensively optimistic to deny that this drastically shifts the profitable market for artwork much to the disfavor of orthodox art creators.

4 minutes ago, DrugsBunny said:

It's a win for humanity, but for obsolete artists who were making money with orthodox artwork this is the death of their marketability.

Lookin' good. But now that everyone and their mother can be a stunning artist I think it's offensively optimistic to deny that this drastically shifts the profitable market for artwork much to the disfavor of orthodox art creators.

Mid journey can make very good art, unique and creative stuff too, and it will only get better.

Its not the end for Orthodox artwork, its the end for most digital artist.

They will all need to jump onto AI art and become Retouch / editting artist.

Sad day for digital artist, this industry was always kind of abusive towards artist, but good luck!

future art comissions be like:

"Yo man I made this image using AI, i just want you to change  X, Y , Z.  can you do it? I give you $5"

Edited by illusory

33 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@ZzzleepingBear

And this is what I've been trying to point out. It's so easy to justify laziness this way, just type a few words, A.I. generates image, yay I'm an ARTIST!

Yep, I'm with you there. It's like typing in a destination into your brand new self-driving tesla, and call yourself a skilled driver. Look look I can turn this corner without touching the steering wheel.. xD 

33 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Watch out Picasso! xD

@ZzzleepingBear uhhh, the food analogous makes no sense. 

why not make a really good smoothie with a blender instead of by hand. How you eat the smoothie (or look at your art) is totally up to you. 

I don’t see how AI art is like taking a food pill. 

You can see the results right?

You can make AI generated art. Make a print and put it on a wall and enjoy looking at it for years. 
Nothing about how it was made says how you have to consume it. 

I mean, you could say that about how people consume art in the age of Instagram anyway.

Your analogy makes no sense 

Also, There will likely always be a market for human made art. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Just now, Thought Art said:

uhhh, the food analogous makes no sense. 

Of course it dont.. You must think before you get it.

3 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

You can make AI generated art. Make a print and put it on a wall and enjoy looking at it for years. 

Who said you couldn't?

@ZzzleepingBear If your talking about the joy of creating there’s nothing stopping you. 

If not, your analogy is simply flawed. 

◭"89"

4 minutes ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

Only the low ends of the human soul are affected.

Considering your previous temperament regarding how dreadfully incorrect my perspective on art marketability is, this seems like a rather emotionally charged response... Seems as if there's as tinge of actual contempt towards orthodox artists, unless I'm misinterpreting something.

/imagine [prompt]: low ends of the human soul being affected by AI art 
unknown.png
Interesting. At least the lowly peasants of outdated artistry will be remembered with elegant flair.

Just now, Thought Art said:

@ZzzleepingBear If your talking about the joy of creating there’s nothing stopping you. 

If not, your analogy is simply flawed. 

Sure. I don't expect you to understand it if you don't.

Tools help you make art.

AI actually makes art.

lol

Then you can use said tools to manipulate the already finished AI artwork further.

nuff said.

Future of digital artist = AI retouch artist.

Edited by illusory

@ZzzleepingBear You are right. I’m just stupid. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

@ZzzleepingBear The reason you think a piece of art is tasteful or tasteless is subjective and up to you. If you saw a beautiful image that was AI and told it was made by hand you may like it more. Or, you may find beauty i. The image for its own sake regardless of how it was made, or even find beauty in it for being a result of AI. A beautiful example of the convergence of science and artistic expression.

That’s very different than a smoothie/ pill form food simply to down it faster.  At least a that how I see it. I don’t see how AI art is tasteless. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

5 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

@ZzzleepingBear The reason you think a piece of art is tasteful or tasteless is subjective and up to you. If you saw a beautiful image that was AI and told it was made by hand you may like it more. Or, you may find beauty i. The image for its own sake regardless of how it was made, or even find beauty in it for being a result of AI. A beautiful example of the convergence of science and artistic expression.

That’s very different than a smoothie/ pill form food simply to down it faster.  At least a that how I see it. I don’t see how AI art is tasteless. 

I think we can agree to disagree on alot of stuff around this topic. Alot of things can be looking beautiful without being considered art. 

Favorite image I created so far!

TetraZaurus_Pure_love_heart_gothic_steampunk_sad_red_innocent_4_f9ac21b3-7af3-4fe3-aa36-8bd20b61f544.png

"A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are made for"    - John A. Shedd

@DrugsBunny

2 hours ago, DrugsBunny said:

Agreed. I see some bring up the 'art is subjective, therefore your critic is invalid and unsound' line, in order to defend and justify their use of A.I. drawing programs as good, that doesn't take away other types of digital art jobs. It's the same line of reasoning that YouTube Reactors use to justify their use of a YouTube content creator's video, while denying that they are taking away their potential audiences, like the followi

I can't fully explicitly tell how this relates to the A.I. drawing issue, but I can intuit that some theft is being committed to Artists here, and the dangers of not developing one's drawing abilities.

Also, this video below, more related to the A.I. issue:

While I do have a bias against Vaush, I do agree with him here. Very good takes here and there.