Space

A.I. Art Is Destroying My Life Purpose

436 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Soul isn't human, it's omnipresent in everything.

Don't play language games with me. I'm talking about the human being, the subconscious and the instincts and the archetypes and the spectrums of emotion, the symbolic intelligence in all its qualitative and quantitative forms, the higher lights of awareness. Absolutely none of that---or at least no real percentage of it---can be evaluated, delineated, and copied by observing some of the external patterns it gives off.

Even if the AI recorded every single action a human has ever made, it would not be able to predict what the genius humans would do. If you fed it every single painting that has ever been painted, every single idea that has ever been fashioned, it would not be able to attain the same results as the pool from which those paintings and ideas came from. It would have impressions and mimicries of small trickles coming from the pool, but it would never be able to possess the same capabilities---unless it, again, actually became a real organism like us, actually got to our level of complexity, which is not happening anytime soon or even in this century.

16 hours ago, Razard86 said:

You don't have any limits on income, any limits on income you have is self-imposed. You could easily start investing, in fact right now is the best time to invest. The best time to invest is during a recession. The world economy is currently in a recession...so you could start investing right now if you were really worried about money.

You aren't worried about money, you are worried about what you love doing being taken away from you, your bills is just a side issue you consider. If I paid your bills every month for you and said you could never do art again as a deal you would reject that deal.

I have significant investments in the stock market. But that is a completely different matter and doesn't relate to this thread.

16 hours ago, Tyler Robinson said:

I'm sorry you're going through this. It's a valid concern. And I feel that a lot of people are not getting your struggles here. 

You have every right to complain about it. I also get this vibe that lots of people kinda gaslighted you on this thread in a cheap attempt to make their claims. 

You should invest in alternative sources of income at this point. 

The world will always move on in the worst directions not caring about who they are stamping on. 

Thank you for understanding my original post.

I've got some plans for alternative sources of income. But as everyone always says there are no get-rich-quick schemes! So it'll take a lot of work and foresight to get into motion.

17 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Directing the AI to create your vision of a game or film is the highest, purest form of artistry. Art is about creative vision, NOT drawing. I can use a printer to draw lines for me. The printer is not an artist.

I just completely disagree but if that's your definition, sure. I think art is defined as 'the vision behind the drawing AND the drawing itself'. Because there is no artwork without drawing (or any other medium). But we could say that drawing without creative vision is still art. A young child scribbling on paper has no vision. It's just pure creativity. A pure free flow of artistic expression. 

Edited by Space

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

If that happens, I will think it is a good idea.

If AI replaced all of mankind, that's only gonna be possible if mankind was a net negative for the universe, in which case we all deserve to not exist.

There is no reason why humanity should exist if we can be replaced by something superior in all ways.

I have no problem with AI replacing mankind. As long as the AI is more truthful, more loving, more conscious, more intelligent. Which it would have to be in order to replace us.

I don't care about loyalty to my species. I can about what is best for the universe.

We are more truthful, more loving, more conscious and more intelligent than dogs, yet they are unique and beautiful creatures. Why do we have to be replaced? We should coexist, if anything.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

7 hours ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

Don't play language games with me.

Oh no, it is you who is playing language games with me.

24 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

We are more truthful, more loving, more conscious and more intelligent than dogs

You wish you were more truthful than a dog.

You are a lying scoundrel.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

18 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You wish you were more truthful than a dog.

You are a lying scoundrel.

xD

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

I have to say Leo really knocked it out of the Park with these replies, I was already super optimistic and excited about A.I. even pre-this thread, but man I'm I'm loving it now

I can imagine the future, animation is completely automated so people don't need a team and millions of dollars to create something amazing. An artist is an illustrator, but he's also an A.I engineer, merging Art and engineering together. There are more humans opening their hearts because they don't have to work shitty grindy jobs

Millions of low wage illustrators abused by the industry they love, will be saved by this technology (ehm.. Japan) small projects become big projects because they require way less time to do, in other words... school notebook comics become full blown productions

Unlike my previous perspective, I no longer believe work is the end all be all of life, especially not wage slavery jobs, I'm sure many capitalists would disagree or at least feel funky about it. That's right! It's the vision that matters! The impact! So if it gets easier to achieve that... that's great!

I am thankful for this thread 

28 minutes ago, MarkKol said:

I have to say Leo really knocked it out of the Park with these replies, I was already super optimistic and excited about A.I. even pre-this thread, but man I'm I'm loving it now

I can imagine the future, animation is completely automated so people don't need a team and millions of dollars to create something amazing. An artist is an illustrator, but he's also an A.I engineer, merging Art and engineering together. There are more humans opening their hearts because they don't have to work shitty grindy jobs

Millions of low wage illustrators abused by the industry they love, will be saved by this technology (ehm.. Japan) small projects become big projects because they require way less time to do, in other words... school notebook comics become full blown productions

Unlike my previous perspective, I no longer believe work is the end all be all of life, especially not wage slavery jobs, I'm sure many capitalists would disagree or at least feel funky about it. That's right! It's the vision that matters! The impact! So if it gets easier to achieve that... that's great!

I am thankful for this thread 

Just remember if everyone can make things easily it doesn't necessarily mean it's a good thing.

I ignore 99.9% of movies, 99.9% of TV series, and 99.9% of books, comics anime, video games etc. Because there's just too much content. It's a hassle just to look at it.

This in return creates a stupid society that values whatever is the most popular thing. For example the only TV series I watched for a while is "House of the Dragon", and i wonder why I was intrigued to watch that? how shocking.

Even Leo recently said "I don't read fiction books (or books these days), I have better things to do".

I spent 2 minutes and got bored of looking at AI artwork. There just too much content in the gallery.

I spent 5 minutes looking at real artwort. spending 2 seconds each piece.

Leo doesn't agree but it really does under value and undermine everything, it's hard making money with art these days because you know... a dime a dozen artist everywhere.

Edited by illusory

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Oh no, it is you who is playing language games with me.

How is the argument of "soul is everywhere, so therefore AI must be conscious of the effects of infinite creativity just as much as genius humans" NOT a language game, when that wasn't the definition of soul I was using?

Lmao these just popped in my feed while browsing this thread

Edited by lostingenosmaze

“We have two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much as we speak." -Epictetus

On 9/5/2022 at 4:14 AM, Leo Gura said:

Really Adobe needs to buy out these AI start-ups and create a professional AI tool for artists which has infinite flexibility and power. Such a tool would be worth billions.

I disagree. People creating a company 100% in control of the idea, even smaller, are way more powerful than running under the guise of a large company. But yes, adobe would have more money to do whatever it wants. 

Genesis 27:27-29

13 hours ago, illusory said:

Leo doesn't agree but it really does under value and undermine everything, it's hard making money with art these days because you know... a dime a dozen artist everywhere.

No!

Yes, there are millions of artists, but most of them suck. If you truly created great art you would not have any problem surviving. The issue is that great art is extremely difficult to get right. And it's not a problem of lack of technical drawing skills, it's a problem of vision, execution of that vision, and taste.

The majority of films, video games, novels, songs, etc are bad art.

As an example, a truly great video game comes out once every few years at best. There is an enormous market for such video games. The supply cannot meet the demand. If only such games were easy to make.

If you make something amazing, people will flock to you and even adore you. But you cannot achieve this amazingness via narrow technical skill. It's important for you guys to grasp that art is primarily about vision. The rest is niggly details.

Edited by Leo Gura

58 minutes ago, DreamScape said:

I disagree. People creating a company 100% in control of the idea, even smaller, are way more powerful than running under the guise of a large company. But yes, adobe would have more money to do whatever it wants. 

I predict that Adobe, Google, or Microsoft will buy all these guys out.

This AI art tool needs to be seriously beefed up and scaled in order to reach its full potential. If I was an executive at Google I would invest a billion dollars into developing this thing.

Edited by Leo Gura

I'm gonna actually argue that A.I. generated graphics and models will lead to the biggest leap in human creativity and artistic talent in history. If your art is fueled by genuine creativity and visions that you wish to bring forth in the world then this will let you create exponentially more art and be in more control of it(if you combine that technology with the blockchain/NFt movement.)

This is most obvious in the fields of filmmaking and animation where completing projects requires huge teams, years of work, and millions of dollars invested. When programs like Dalle 2 are able to create images but soon enough video renderings(and AI voice acting) and 3D models(for video games) of anything an artist can imagine, human creativity will be ever close to having no limits. 

I would only be worried if you truly believe that the only value you bring to the table is the mechanical skills that you've cultivated to create the art thus far. I think that's an overblown fear though and ultimately this will be a good shift for both you and the artistic spirit of the human race in general. 

Kyle Fall - Lifestyle Photographer

Follow me & Watch my Content on Instagram

<3

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

As an example, a truly great video game comes out once every few years at best. There is an enormous market for such video games. The supply cannot meet the demand. If only such games were easy to make.

Agreed, most video games are garbage these days. I'm sure these AIs will sooner than later be able to generate UE5 level models and assets in minutes, this should bear result to a renaissance video games and media in general is dying for.

Corporate bureaucracy is really the death of art and is why movies have also gotten horrible over the last 10 years. 

<3

6 minutes ago, LordFall said:

Corporate bureaucracy is really the death of art and is why movies have also gotten horrible over the last 10 years. 

Yeah, that's a big problem. But also keep in mind, once these corporations get their hands on AI tools, they could just use them to churn out the same old shit, just at lower cost to themselves.

But these AI tools should empower smaller creators and small teams, helping them to compete with giant corporate budgets.

This situation is very similar to what YouTube did for broadcasting. Now small creators have a chance to compete with the likes of CNN.

I would love to create a video game. I know I could create a great one. But it's just so fucking expensive and time-consuming that it's impractical for me. And there's millions of people around the world who'd like to do the same but they never will because it's just too costly. Just think of all the amazing art we are not getting.

Edited by Leo Gura

23 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Yeah, that's a big problem. But also keep in mind, once these corporations get their hands on AI tools, they could just use them to churn out the same old shit, just at lower cost to themselves.

But these AI tools should empower smaller creators and small teams, helping them to compete with giant corporate budgets.

This situation is very similar to what YouTube did for broadcasting. Now small creators have a chance to compete with the likes of CNN.

I would love to create a video game. I know I could create a great one. But it's just so fucking expensive and time-consuming that it's impractical for me. And there's millions of people around the world who'd like to do the same but they never will because it's just too costly. Just think of all the amazing art we are not getting.

I just don't see what edge those studios are gonna have when AAA production output is gonna be possible with teams of a few people and >100k funding. When every director/writer is gonna be able to crowdfund/pay for his projects himself it's gonna be game over for uninspired overproduced nonsense. 

You're exactly right with the Youtube comparison and in general, I think we're gonna see single individuals empowered more and more with AI and automation tools. If you were motivated enough you can already run a whole media agency by yourself with AI-generated content and fake human figures.

Interesting time to be alive. 

<3

14 minutes ago, LordFall said:

I just don't see what edge those studios are gonna have when AAA production output is gonna be possible with teams of a few people and >100k funding.

Making AAA games and films will never be that easy or cheap. It will still takes lots of work even with insanely powerful AI tools.

When every director/writer is gonna be able to crowdfund/pay for his projects himself it's gonna be game over for uninspired overproduced nonsense.

Yeah, but the issue is that the uninspired, overproduced nonsense is what the mass public loves. They do not want deep films, they want mindless popcorn flicks. AAA studios cater to those masses because that's where the real money is made.

Even if you can press a button and make an artsy film in one day, who's gonna watch it?

Don't forget, half the budget on a major movie or game is marketing.

Edited by Leo Gura

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

This AI art tool needs to be seriously beefed up and scaled in order to reach its full potential. If I was an executive at Google I would invest a billion dollars into developing this thing.

yeah, that's true. Plus, none of that voids innovation in the future by others. 

Genesis 27:27-29