Space

A.I. Art Is Destroying My Life Purpose

436 posts in this topic

On 3/9/2022 at 6:16 AM, Leo Gura said:

Having played around with these AI, knowing how to use the AI is an art in itself. It's not easy to get exactly the right thing. Could takes hours of tinkering to get one perfect image. And it still requires Photoshop work.

I'm calling it now, it's going to be a job in the future.

Basically you could design a anime or manga based on AI simply with prompts with each pannel after giving the AI some more or less complete visual information on your characters. You could afterwards correct panels manually and use them as reference for training as well. So the AI prompt generation will be way faster as well. It would just become a writing job instead of a drawing one. This will save an enormous amount of time for any entretainement such as anime, manga and video games. It's just crazy.

Of course every anime studio will have their own writers and Ai engineers for that purpose. Anyone doing a AI with animation capabilities as a SAAS will get billions richs. It will be the future SAP of the entretainment industry.

2 hours ago, Flint said:

I'm calling it now, it's going to be a job in the future.

Basically you could design a anime or manga based on AI simply with prompts with each pannel after giving the AI some more or less complete visual information on your characters. You could afterwards correct panels manually and use them as reference for training as well. So the AI prompt generation will be way faster as well. It would just become a writing job instead of a drawing one. This will save an enormous amount of time for any entretainement such as anime, manga and video games. It's just crazy.

Of course every anime studio will have their own writers and Ai engineers for that purpose. Anyone doing a AI with animation capabilities as a SAAS will get billions richs. It will be the future SAP of the entretainment industry.

I suspect that animation and manga studios will be one of the least affected by A.I. art generators. Creating complex animations, manga, anime are an extremely nuanced process. For example, the art director will often need a very specific facial expression, very specific body position and a very specific camera position, not to mention all of the other elements within the frame. There is a distinct communication problem with AI also. I think it will hit a ceiling where it just cannot produce the subtle changes and details required for something like a manga or anime. AI's don't listen or understand prompts like humans do. For example, the art director might give feedback to an illustrator saying, 'I want the character to have just a bit more frustration in his expression, and his head is titled upwards away from the camera slightly in x direction.'

They could definitely be used for inspiration, idea generation, character design etc.

Edited by Space

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

If I was an art director, I'd be more interested in seeing what a talented human mind comes up with rather than what a machine comes up with. AI would frustrate an art director. 

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

59 minutes ago, The Mystical Man said:

If I was an art director, I'd be more interested in seeing what a talented human mind comes up with rather than what a machine comes up with. AI would frustrate an art director. 

Yes I agree, but definitely depends on the type of art director, as in which field they work in. An art director working in animation might be very frustrated with the technology, but an art director working in editorial might be glad of the speed and creative freedom. 

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

Super random, but I just had this insight, that systems theory will come in super handy, when creating art through AI - especially in music production. Imagine the crazy sound design that's possible if you can add prompts like feedback loop, autopoietic, fractal, strange attractor etc. to modulate your synthesizers and filters and what not. I just saw it in my mind's eye and it was fucking beautiful.

Edited by Nilsi

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

9 hours ago, Flint said:

I'm calling it now, it's going to be a job in the future

Haha, dude, it's a job already.

I spent 12hrs this weekend creating some amazing art via just tinkering with settings. It's totally art.

I'm calling it now, any artist who does not leverage this amazing tool is a fool and an irresponsible artist. These AI can be used to make art so much better. But it isn't easy. It takes serious work and creativity.

I already created at least a dozen new thumbnails for future videos, and they are better than any thumbnails I have so far. My thumbnails will be stunning.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Are there any of these creations you could show us already? 

Im actually interested in learning that as well right now since I'm in need for some designs for a App I am working on. So do you have any tips maybe?

44 minutes ago, Florian said:

@Leo Gura Are there any of these creations you could show us already?

ai-art-zen-01.png

56 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I'm calling it now, any artist who does not leverage this amazing tool is a fool and an irresponsible artist. These AI can be used to make art so much better. But it isn't easy. It takes serious work and creativity.

100% agree. There are plenty of real-world, professional artists that are super excited about this technology. This whole "robots are destroying my life purpose" thing is a very naive, knee-jerk reaction.

@thepixelmonk From the perspective of simply creating art for the purpose of selling it, it seems to me that somebody would rather use an AI than spend money on something that requires human intelligence. Yeah maybe it can expand ones art-making potential, but at the same time would this technology not shift the marketability of an artist's work? I think this is a net-negative from that perspective.

5 minutes ago, DrugsBunny said:

@thepixelmonk From the perspective of simply creating art for the purpose of selling it, it seems to me that somebody would rather use an AI than spend money on something that requires human intelligence. Yeah maybe it can expand ones art-making potential, but at the same time would this technology not shift the marketability of an artist's work? I think this is a net-negative from that perspective.

You can work in tandem with the AI to make your work much more creative and interesting. The AI can serve as an idea generation tool. You can still hand-draw stuff base off what the AI gives you.

AI will not replace hand-drawn precision.

It's a really powerful concepting tool. It saves a lot time. Many artists waste time drawing concepts to show to some client who rejects it anyway. The final piece can still all be hand-made.

I can generate concepts and then hand them over to an illustrator to the finishing work.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura I don't know how you could say that for certain. A year ago I did not think this technology would be as good as it is today, in 10 years we may see progress that was entirely unforeseeable.

2 minutes ago, DrugsBunny said:

@Leo Gura I don't know how you could say that for certain. A year ago I did not think this technology would be as good as it is today, in 10 years we may see progress that was entirely unforeseeable.

Of course it's going to get better and better. And that's a good thing.

Ultimately this AI will enable lots of really cool new art. That's what matters. And if you want to do old art, you still can.

Just now, Flint said:

@Leo Gura

Are you using DALLE-2 or Mindjourney or ?

Midjourney

@Leo Gura Yeah but dude, I'm talking about the marketability of an artist's work once the technology becomes indistinguishable from human art. Imagine if you could just take the result of an AI output, select a part of the image, label it as a human, an arm, a leg, an eye, then use another remastering rendition to finely tune that specific element of the image. No hand-drawn precision needed, and the market for art changes entirely.

Edited by DrugsBunny

7 minutes ago, DrugsBunny said:

No hand-drawn precision needed, and the market for art changes entirely.

Yes, and this is good for art.

It's like you're complaining that a truck is bad because now a human doesn't need to push rocks up a hill by hand.

Yes, all work is become less manual and more high-level. You need to see that operating at a higher level of abstraction which machines enable is a net good for mankind. Drawing every line by hand slows down your art and creativity.

If you are a true artist you don't care about drawing every line by hand, you care about outputting great compositions.

If you care about creating beautiful buildings, you shouldn't care about laying every brick by hand. Yes, being a bricklayer is not a good career choice in the age of machines.

Edited by Leo Gura

3 minutes ago, DrugsBunny said:

@Leo Gura  indistinguishable from human art.

It's like you didn't read the thread. ????????????????????????????????????????????????

Just now, AtheisticNonduality said:

It's like you didn't read the thread. ????????????????????????????????????????????????

"it's almost like you didn't read all 7 pages of the thread!! /facepalm x48"

Lol, you okay bud?

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It's like you're complaining that a truck is bad because now a human doesn't need to push rocks up a hill by hand.

Speaking of trucks, truck drivers will soon be replaced by automation when cars can drive themselves. So for truck drivers specifically this can't be a good outcome for them. That's all I'm saying. I think this applies to the art too.

Just now, DrugsBunny said:

That's all I'm saying. I think this applies to the art too.

Agreed.