Space

A.I. Art Is Destroying My Life Purpose

436 posts in this topic

I think you won't be able to make money with mediocre to ok art in the future.

But if you have the 'that special something', which distinguishes you from 'artificial art', which is mostly corny, then you can survive.

True art will always be recognized. AI is reproducing art.. 

You can derive it from simple logic

Left means not right

2 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@IAmReallyImportant

Sure! That's great! Until A.I develops general intelligence, which'll have far more consequences than just replacing other knowledge type or creativity type jobs.

So, I guess the key question, for our generation and our current situation, is should we introduce further limits to how A.I is developed and used? Further regulations of technology?

We are not even close to general AI. Maybe it won't be achieved at all, because this would require a complete new approach to machine learning/AI. It is more probable than unprobable that nobody of us will experience it.

Left means not right

1 minute ago, IAmReallyImportant said:

So, I guess the key question, for our generation and our current situation, is should we introduce further limits to how A.I is developed and used? Further regulations of technology?

We may should regulate hedge-fonds and investment companies, as well as governments to not misuse AI. It was already misused e.g. in the case of Cambridge Analytica.

Of course it is marketing that AI will somehow enslave us. Elon Musk is not a genius, but one of the best sales persons in the world. And Stephen Hawking etc. also need marketing. Scientist often make broad predictions and claims to gain attention.

Left means not right

1 hour ago, The Mystical Man said:

Will AI ever be empathetic enough to orchestrate something like that? I doubt it. 

I think there is a difference between having an abstract understanding what emotions are - through empathy,  and having a structural understanding of what certain emotions are when they are put into certain contexts (lets be it movies, clips, stories or art or facial expressions). Lets take facial expressions for example. While an AI not fully understand what emotions are, it can understand certain patterns to certain emotions when it comes to being able to show those emotions on a face. Notice that it doesn't need to understand emotions in an abstract way, to be able to show certain emotions on a face.

But lets get to specific examples.

Which one was created by a human vs Which one was created by an AI?

fourth.pngthird.pngsecond.pnglast.pngfirst.pngfifth.png

Edited by zurew

33 minutes ago, IAmReallyImportant said:

I have access to DALL-E 2 and I can assure you it isn't really creative and humans still can produce better images and will be that way.

Moreover, you would need a robot if it is about drawing oil-paintings e.g. or watercolor etc. There are certain features on the way e.g. a hand had moved on the paper with which you can identify a good painter, which is hard to imitate to impossible even if a robot could draw paintings with a brush.

I think its pretty amazing already.

DALL·E 2022-09-02 22.14.31 - God awakening to itself on DMT.png

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

George Lucas talks about the importance of story, emotion, and vision:

What's happening here is nothing new. Whenever a new technology comes out, people glorify the technology itself, and they forget about the importance of story, emotion, and vision. AI will not create beautiful works of art by itself in the same way that 3D isn't necessarily art by itself. Toy Story worked because of the director's vision (John Lasseter). 

Lasseter also gave an interesting talk on this subject:

"The technology was used in the right way, telling the right story."

The explosion of the Death Star might be outdated, but that scene will never lose its emotional impact. If you had to create that scene today, you wouldn't use the technology that ILM used back then. You'd use CG, but if you don't understand where that scene derives its emotional power from, then CG will not help you one iota. Same thing with AI generated images. You can generate as many images as you want, but if you don't have a compelling vision, these images are meaningless.

Edited by The Mystical Man

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

I have started to create my future video thumbnails using AI.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

yay or nay ?

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

13 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Can you show us one of them?

Edited by Vibes

2 minutes ago, Vibes said:

Can you show us one of them?

I will post some on the blog soon.

2 hours ago, zurew said:

I think there is a difference between having an abstract understanding what emotions are - through empathy,  and having a structural understanding of what certain emotions are when they are put into certain contexts (lets be it movies, clips, stories or art or facial expressions).

It is your assumption that these are separable. An autistic person with alexithymia cannot create emotional scenery, even if they get a structural understanding of various facial expressions, emotional contexts and their objective associations, human motivations, and such. Granting that the AI we're talking about here has a better memory and complexity, still that is no help, because empathy per se has a wider span of memory and complexity than the AI can replicate without becoming a real organism (it is a portion of reality the AI has no access to whatsoever, except for signs and symbols like trickling streams it can attempt to read). No dissociative mimicry can work since it simply wouldn't know what to do, no matter how many exemplary structural traits you throw into its spinning program machine.

9 minutes ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

It is your assumption that these are separable.

If you want to make an argument that they aren't separable, that would just make my argument stronger about AI will be able to replace most human artists, because how do you explain otherwise, why can an AI show certain emotions through facial expression ? It can also recognize certain emotions from just looking at your face,my explanation is this: because there are certain patterns to it, and learning those patterns is enough without any need for "real" understanding. 

Just now, zurew said:

If you want to make an argument that they aren't separable, that would just make my argument stronger about AI will be able to replace most human artists, because how do you explain otherwise, why can an AI show certain emotions through facial expression ? It can also recognize certain emotions from just looking at your face,my explanation is this: because there are certain patterns to it, and learning those patterns is enough without any need for "real" understanding. 

I'm saying it fails badly at both by not doing one of them at all and therefore being crippled in the other one.

Remember: Your life purpose is NOT the same as the medium.

Purpose is about the impact you want to have on people, and medium is how you do it. The medium is variable. Be open to employing various mediums to find whichever best enables you to make your desired impact.

Do not get attached to the medium.

Why are you illustrating? That's the key question.

Nothing can destroy your purpose because purpose is about the emotional impact you want to have on others.

Edited by Leo Gura

40 minutes ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

I'm saying it fails badly at both by not doing one of them at all and therefore being crippled in the other one.

How does it fail?

All understanding is pattern recognition.

28 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

purpose is about the emotional impact you want to have on others.

"others" as in "while aware of others as yourself and you're really just helping yourself" or is this more about helping others due to the nature of our biology making this kind of behavior more fulfilling?

Cause if it's just about literal other people then that a bit unsolipsistic.

Holy fuck, this AI is amazing!! It’s more creative than I am lol 

"The journey never ends, the point of arrival is always now." 

40 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

"others" as in "while aware of others as yourself and you're really just helping yourself" or is this more about helping others due to the nature of our biology making this kind of behavior more fulfilling?

Cause if it's just about literal other people then that a bit unsolipsistic.

If you reach that level of Awakening you will be way beyond purpose.

Purpose is a relative matter.

47 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

How does it fail?

All understanding is pattern recognition.

Conspiracy theorists are good at pattern recognition but bad at pattern interpretation, so this is just wrong.

Also try really facing the arguments . . .

18 minutes ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

Conspiracy theorists are good at pattern recognition

Pattern recognition is 3 dimensional.  Conspiracy theorists see one layer, but fail to see the others.  Good pattern recognition has good interconnectedness between all patterns.

Conspiracy theorists are actually so bad at pattern recognition that the first pattern they find they'll hyperfixate on.  They grasp onto what they can.