StarStruck

Popping psychedelics before going to a therapist?

28 posts in this topic

I'm considering popping 100-200 lsd before going to my weekly therapist. Without informing her. In my country using psychedelics is not illegal so I'm not putting myself in danger. The reason why I want to try psychedelics is that I feel like I'm stuck up, all up in my head and not in my body; psychedelics would shake things up for the better. I was wondering if there are people with experience taking psychedelics during therapy?

I don’t think it would feel great to lie to somebody when you are high cause that’s a low consciousness thing to do. 

Edited by Jannes

I’ll just come out an say it… that’s probably a terrible idea. 

The game of survival cannot be won. 

Thats a great way to end up in a mental institution.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

Without her informed consent, coming to a session while tripping is a bad idea. First, you hide your intention from her which already put you in a place where you know something that is relevant to the meeting but you do not share with her; Second, you haven't checked with her what her boundaries around the matter, which can put her in a dire position - on the one hand, she probably wouldn't allow it in the first place and you breached her boundaries on the other hand, you are already there and she needs to balance between maintaining her boundaries with you and helping you - this is simply unfair position to put her in; Third, inside your self you will know that what you are doing is wrong, and this is enough to collapse the entire purpose of receiving psychotherapy while you are tripping.

Nope. Maybe right after. 

if you wanna do that find a psychedelic therapist 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

I have a new therapist so I'm reluctant to do it but with my old one I would definitely do it.

Psychedelics is medicine. I'm not obliged to tell her what medicine I take just like I'm not obliged to tell her what I eat.

Desperate times requires what?

Edited by StarStruck

if youre not going to tell them just take a microdose.

if i was a therapist and someone came to a session on a full dose of any drug without telling me I'd probably reconsider having that person as my client. Don't force people to be trip sitters without consent.

LOL. it's prob easy to tell if you're not doing low/micro dosing..

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ Shining Ray ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

@Judy2 well said. I think it's a basic courtesy/respect to ask for permission first. 

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ Shining Ray ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

My opinion is that LSD is too much in the head and not a good choice.  My most powerful experiences of connection have been with San Pedro (Huachuma).    It takes me from my head into my heart like no other medicine.  San Pedro has a natural form of mescaline.  It is used in a day ceremony where you can connect with nature and other people.  You heal each other in a safe container.  

Vincit omnia Veritas.

Why need a therapist at that point?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 29.08.2022 at 10:29 PM, StarStruck said:

I'm considering popping 100-200 lsd before going to my weekly therapist. Without informing her.

You mean a day before session, and then going there to integrate the experience? Then I think it's okay.

Anything else I would consider stupid.

10 hours ago, Jodistrict said:

My opinion is that LSD is too much in the head and not a good choice.  My most powerful experiences of connection have been with San Pedro (Huachuma).    It takes me from my head into my heart like no other medicine.  San Pedro has a natural form of mescaline.  It is used in a day ceremony where you can connect with nature and other people.  You heal each other in a safe container.  

2Cb might be another option.

14 hours ago, puporing said:

LOL. it's prob easy to tell if you're not doing low/micro dosing..

Probably won't do more than 100 mg now I think about it. Not much can happen at that dose.

4 hours ago, Aleister Crowleyy said:

If illegal where you reside then you will get in great trouble. Not a smart idea.

it is legal to use in my country.

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I have a hard time reaching my emotions, I need that pop to feel something.

On 29/8/2022 at 10:29 PM, StarStruck said:

I'm considering popping 100-200 lsd before going to my weekly therapist. Without informing her. In my country using psychedelics is not illegal so I'm not putting myself in danger. The reason why I want to try psychedelics is that I feel like I'm stuck up, all up in my head and not in my body; psychedelics would shake things up for the better. I was wondering if there are people with experience taking psychedelics during therapy?

I would keep both things separate.

Tell your therapist why you think you need psychedelics when visiting her and discuss that and other things related to why you thing therapy is not doing it for you.

Then, on the side, as a separate practice, take psychedelics and talk about it in therapy if needed, but don't do both at the same time.

Kind of an unethical and disrespectful thing to do. Imagine if you were a therapist and your client showed up under the influence of something. How would you feel and perceive that?

If you want understand what they are tell you and looking to get the most out of therapy you need to challenge yourself in a sober state, without the aid of psychedelics. If you want to take something that's fine, but I'd save it for your own time at home. Just my two cents.

Also, didn't you have to sign a waiver that said they have a right to refuse giving you service and you'll still have to pay if you show up to a session under the influence? I know I did when I took therapy.

Edited by Roy

hrhrhtewgfegege

13 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

To hold space ? 

I could maybe see a micro dose being a good idea if you’re already an experienced tripper.

But that’s about it. Anything more I’d bet $100 it ends badly. 

In my personal experience acid makes me just apocalyptically bad at expressing myself. And I get quite anxious when there is pressure/attention on me and I’ve taken a decent dose of acid.