The Mystical Man

How to get started with Pickup?

15 posts in this topic

I want to improve my social skills, because I'm socially awkward, and I don't have any friends. My lack of a social life never bothered me, because I've been focused on consciousness work and creative work, but I feel like I can't make more progress in those areas until I start paying attention to my social skills.

I started out by reading The Mystery Method, which is a good book. The theory is fun, but I have no idea how to put it into practice. I'd appreciate tips and resources. 

I especially struggle with being talkative. I have no idea what to say. 

Edited by The Mystical Man

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

I can direct you where to go in Pm

Game starts and ends in your mind tho 

Love the quote "getting girls has nothing to do with getting girls" ?

Edited by NoSelfSelf

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

1 hour ago, The Mystical Man said:

The theory is fun, but I have no idea how to put it into practice. I'd appreciate tips and resources. 

Start talking to girls. You need massive social experience to make up for lost time. There are no tips or resources that will help you if you do not do this.

@The Mystical Man puh, there's so much you could do.

First and foremost you must go to where people are, REGULARLY. So ideally you go to bars every weekend and maybe find another social activity during the week so it becomes inevitable you talk to people (language course e.g.).

In the beginning you probably have to forget about the mystery method theory because it's just gonna put you in your head way too much.

You are now at the beginning of stage 1. Stage 1 is about overcoming fears. Any attempt at talking to other people is good enough. Even if you just walk through a bar and make eye contact with people it's good enough. If you just look at some people in a friendly way and say 'hi' or 'hey man' or whatever (while walking), that's already progress. Don't worry about looking 'high value', that will just increase the anxiety.

You can also do some social challenges. These are little awkward tasks in which you have to expose yourself in some way, like asking a group a weird question. There's an app called 'IdareTo' specifically designed for that kind of challenges.

Find a wing if you can and learn from him.

Once you've somewhat overcome your approach anxiety and awkwardness you can start to worry about doing 'good game', like saying more polarizing and sexual things etc.

There are many resources, the naturals lifestyle, Todd V, RSD to an extend (more inner game by now).

Also you should be aware that there's absolutely no way around getting rejected and sometimes feeling really embarrassed. Everybody gets blown out, including Mystery.

Have fun!

@Federico del pueblo what is a rejection? Im not being funny

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

Now fight.

16 minutes ago, NoSelfSelf said:

@Federico del pueblo what is a rejection? Im not being funny

When the girl doesn't like you back/just ignores you/tells you to fuck off/leaves the interaction (maybe with an excuse) etc.

@Federico del pueblo how can you like her and she likes you from few minutes of interaction?

How do you know whats happening in her life and why she said fuck off?

What if she needs to go somewhere and you in her way?

See my point?

It's you.

Now fight.

3 minutes ago, NoSelfSelf said:

@Federico del pueblo how can you like her and she likes you from few minutes of interaction?

How do you know whats happening in her life and why she said fuck off?

What if she needs to go somewhere and you in her way?

See my point?

I see your point, but I'm not dealing with that kind of problem, as I'm aware that there are a million things that can get in the way.

I was just trying to inform the op that he's going to get these kinds of reactions, so he doesn't create false expectations.

@Federico del pueblo Understood ?

It's you.

Now fight.

Dude, my How To Get Laid series gave you all the starting steps. Drop the Mystery bullshit, move to where the clubs are, start going out every night club is open.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

15 hours ago, The Mystical Man said:

I especially struggle with being talkative. I have no idea what to say. 

"How to talk to anyone" by Leil Lowndes is a great primer on this, but you really just need to meet more people and deliberately practice being extroverted. 

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

If you're socially awkward and have no social life then you should start small.

Start a 30-day challenge where you interact with 5 strangers a day then progressively make the daily challenge a bit more difficult.

For example:

Day 1: Ask 5 strangers for the time, easy.
Day 2: Ask 5 strangers for the time and give them a high-five.
Day 3: Ask 5 strangers for directions

Day 10: Ask 5 strangers to take a selfie with you
Day 25: Ask 5 girls for their number
Day 28: Ask girls to go grab some ice cream with you until one says "yes."

It's your challenge, get creative with it, this was just an example.

Starting small is of course the best way to get started with cold-approach pickup, same goes with any new habit you're trying to build, by starting small. This is how I started back in the day, I took this from a Youtube channel from maybe 7 years ago called "Simple Pickup." I took their course and did a 30-day challenge that they provided.

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

On 8/30/2022 at 1:53 AM, Leo Gura said:

Dude, my How To Get Laid series gave you all the starting steps. Drop the Mystery bullshit, move to where the clubs are, start going out every night club is open.

Do you have something against daygame btw? I notice you never mention it, only nightgame on clubs and bars.

I know plenty of guys that do like 20 approaches a week from daygame (10 per session/2 session a week).

You think is less effective or?

I personally do better there than nightgame that is why i was wondering.