jimwell

Life is an Illusion (3 reasons)

15 posts in this topic

It’s a dream.

As what Leo has said many times, life is a dream. If it's a dream, it's an automatic illusion.

No, I'm not just parroting him. I speak from direct experience.

Others have no localized consciousness.

Every human and animal in your life behaves similar to a living thing which has its own mind. But this is not the case.

There is only one mind in existence which is yours. Another mind-boggling truth is your father and mother are made of the exact same substance or material as your cabinet and PC. No difference. 

Death

Yes, it’s true that you are alive right now. But it's also true that you are already dead. Why? Because in the end (death), your life will be erased. All memories of your existence will also be erased. It feels similar to having never been born and alive. If you have never been born, it means you have always been dead.

I'm writing this post not to devalue your life or end it. It's still important to honor the purpose of your life which is to experience, create, and admire the beauty of existence (yourself included). I'm writing this post to help you be less attached to life and embrace unavoidable death.

This post is also a note to myself. I have mastered seeing and admiring the beauty of existence. But I'm still learning how to embrace death. I'm still far from mastering it.   

Life is a dream. It's not real or physical, and you are not inside it. Instead, life is not physical. Life or existence sprouts from your mind, exactly similar to your dreams at night. 

Illusion is all there is .then it becomes absolute. Since all there is ,is illusory ..then its as real as real gets .it has no opposite. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

21 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Illusion is all there is .then it becomes absolute. Since all there is ,is illusory ..then its as real as real gets .it has no opposite. 

Also true. And this is good news. It makes accomplishing the purpose of your life more sensible and satisfying. 

What are you waiting for? It's time to go outside your comfort zone and experience many things. Be brave and detemined, and create and admire as much beauty as you can. Don't waste the gift of life. 

5 minutes ago, jimwell said:

Also true. And this is good news. It makes accomplishing the purpose of your life more sensible and satisfying. 

What are you waiting for? It's time to go outside your comfort zone and experience many things. Be brave and detemined, and create and admire as much beauty as you can. Don't waste the gift of life. 

Yes 100% agree ?. 

The point of life to me is to enjoy it to the fullest .there is really no other point if you think about it . Life is too short.  80 years on average is pretty much very little time . And that gives it even more illusory side. Everything is so fleeting and impermanent.  Before you know it you will be in your death bed regretting that you didn't make the most out of your life during the peak period (the youth period ).

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

On 8/29/2022 at 9:27 AM, jimwell said:

Others have no localized consciousness.

Every human and animal in your life behaves similar to a living thing which has its own mind. But this is not the case.

There is only one mind in existence which is yours. Another mind-boggling truth is your father and mother are made of the exact same substance or material as your cabinet and PC. No difference. 

You mean others' minds and my mind are the exact same mind, right? RIGHT?

I'm tired of you guys saying that my ego's perspective is all there is. If it's not true, why torment me/us with that? And if it is, then might as well just be blatant and say my real name so that there's no more doubt.

It's so strange because then what does that make you? If you go around telling people in this forum that they're the only solipsistic bubble in existence.

30 minutes ago, michaelcycle00 said:

I'm tired of you guys saying that my ego's perspective is all there is. If it's not true, why torment me/us with that? And if it is, then might as well just be blatant and say my real name so that there's no more doubt.

It's so strange because then what does that make you? If you go around telling people in this forum that they're the only solipsistic bubble in existence.

The notion of solipsism (of others’ minds and your mind being the same mind) is a misleading pointer.

“There are no minds at all” is a better pointer.

No minds. Just thoughts apparently arising. No space, no time.

Thoughts, rock, sky. All of these are substantively exactly equal.

Thoughts about the sky are not an abstraction, they are simply an appearance.

And there is no one watching.

Apparently.

2 hours ago, michaelcycle00 said:

No. Your mind imagines others' minds.

2 hours ago, michaelcycle00 said:

'm tired of you guys saying that my ego's perspective is all there is. If it's not true, why torment me/us with that? And if it is, then might as well just be blatant and say my real name so that there's no more doubt.

I need to say it for what it is. It is surely horrifying at first. But as you bear with it and continue your spiritual journey, you will arrive at a point when it becomes beautiful and magical. 

"I am all which exists. The entire universe is made of the exact same substance as my body. How beautiful!"

The thought above fills my heart with much love.

You need to experience the solipsistic dream for yourself to remove any doubt. But even if you do, you might doubt it first because it is very different from your usual consciousness. It feels similar to insanity. But as you contemplate it more and listen to your intuition, you become surer that the "schizophrenic" experience is the truth. I just described what happened to me and why I created this thread.

3 hours ago, michaelcycle00 said:

This dream of yours is grand in its beauty and deception. And I'm a part of this dream, an illusion pretending to be real. xD

9 hours ago, jimwell said:

You need to experience the solipsistic dream for yourself to remove any doubt. But even if you do, you might doubt it first because it is very different from your usual consciousness. It feels similar to insanity. But as you contemplate it more and listen to your intuition, you become surer that the "schizophrenic" experience is the truth. I just described what happened to me and why I created this thread.

If only you are real, why are you trying to help him ?

solipsism is a corrupted interpretation that occurs when you transcend the ego and see that you are absolute, and then go back to the ego. the ego is not absolute. You are singular and multiple at same time. why not? You are omnipotent, if you want to be multiple, let's multiplicity do. 

15 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

You are singular and multiple at same time. why not? You are omnipotent, if you want to be multiple, let's multiplicity do. 

Yes, I also intuit that this is the case. Leo even made a video about this which is titled "Infinity of Gods". Every God has its own solipsistic dream. It's very interesting. 

But in this dream of yours, you are the solitary dreamer.

If only you are real, why are you trying to help him ?

Because I am honoring the purpose of my life. Helping others is a form of beauty, and I honor all forms of beauty.

solipsism is a corrupted interpretation that occurs when you transcend the ego and see that you are absolute, and then go back to the ego. the ego is not absolute.

No, it's not a twisted interpretation.

I realized that it is actually good that your level of consciousness goes back to your default state after awakening. During a very elevated state of consciousness, your experience of existence significantly changes. It is very obvious that your parents and everybody else are illusions. There are no other minds. There's nothing there. It becomes absurd to interact with them knowing and experiencing them as illusions. And it becomes very difficult to honor the purpose of your life. 

Now that my level of consciousness is more human again, existence becomes real. Everybody and everything are real and physical again. Intellectually, I knew that the female intern doctor is an illusion which sprouted from my mind. But experientially, she is real. So, when we flirted with each other, I felt love and enjoyment. If I had the opportunity to hold her face and admire her beauty, it would have been one of the greatest joys in my life, knowing that this beauty sprouted from my mind.

Without the schizophrenic experience or awakening, things would just be normal and lack intensity.  

2 hours ago, jimwell said:

Yes, I also intuit that this is the case. Leo even made a video about this which is titled "Infinity of Gods". Every God has its own solipsistic dream. It's very interesting. 

But in this dream of yours, you are the solitary dreamer.

Because I am honoring the purpose of my life. Helping others is a form of beauty, and I honor all forms of beauty.

No, it's not a twisted interpretation.

I realized that it is actually good that your level of consciousness goes back to your default state after awakening. During a very elevated state of consciousness, your experience of existence significantly changes. It is very obvious that your parents and everybody else are illusions. There are no other minds. There's nothing there. It becomes absurd to interact with them knowing and experiencing them as illusions. And it becomes very difficult to honor the purpose of your life. 

Now that my level of consciousness is more human again, existence becomes real. Everybody and everything are real and physical again. Intellectually, I knew that the female intern doctor is an illusion which sprouted from my mind. But experientially, she is real. So, when we flirted with each other, I felt love and enjoyment. If I had the opportunity to hold her face and admire her beauty, it would have been one of the greatest joys in my life, knowing that this beauty sprouted from my mind.

Without the schizophrenic experience or awakening, things would just be normal and lack intensity.  

Its not like that, I think. when you expand your consciousness and break your limits, you see that others are creations of your mind. but who sees that is not you. that is, you are still you, but in an absolute state. what you don't see is that the you of normal consciousness is also being imagined by you, since from your pov you are still you, but this is twisted, since the you that is realizing that everything is in your mind is the absolute infinity that encompasses the entire existence, and when after 2 minutes you return to being the finite you that lives in apparent duality,  the idea rains that you are imagining your mother, when your mother is absolute infinity exactly the same as you, with subjective experience as you. everything is, even the ground you walk on.

I'm at the airport and the guy asks for my ticket, and all of a sudden I saw it. He's me. everyone is me. they are light facades, energetic constructions, thoughts. like holograms. soap bubbles that are about to vanish. they don't realize they are me. The stewardesses smile at me because I am laughing walking on the plane. everything is light, and they are wonderful, magical. 

Now the thing is getting solid again. I'm conceptualizing. Have they a pov? I'd say, of course. When the stewardess looked at me it was me looking to myself in the eyes. Was totally magical. You, i mean, me, are singular and multiple same time 

On 9/3/2022 at 8:56 PM, Breakingthewall said:

the idea rains that you are imagining your mother, when your mother is absolute infinity exactly the same as you, with subjective experience as you. everything is, even the ground you walk on.

We agree on things except what you said above.

But in the end, we both need to honor what is true for us based on our experience.

But I wonder why your spiritual insights are different from Leo's when you both use psychedelics.

I generated my spiritual insights without using psychedelics and even without my intention. My spiritual path is very different.  

2 hours ago, jimwell said:

But I wonder why your spiritual insights are different from Leo's when you both use psychedelics.

I'm starting with the psychedelic. Just 2 year, and first year not often and small doses. i did many times but my realizations are brief, my ego is solid. Well, was solid., Now i feel that my ego allows me more time of dissolution, end much easier.  I'm getting used to that, it's not easy. I don't pretend to say that Leo is wrong, i just write my realizations like everyone, but i know there is much more to see, to get open to. It's a fascinating way, and i want to go to the deepest possible 

About the solipsism, it's twisted. When Leo said: you are imagining me and i imagining you. What he means? 

Edited by Breakingthewall