mmKay

YouTube's Corruption - How Russian Corruption Penetrated to the Very Heart of Youtube

11 posts in this topic

This is not some simple Youtube Drama.

These people uncovered secret under the dable deals between the heads of YT and the Russian Kremlin's world wide 39 YT propaganda channels.

In a nutshell, these channels funded directly by the kremlin chronically inflict blatant copyrighy infringements earning over a million dollars PER MONTH while spreading propaganda and missinformation all over the world. The kremlin has stated that if they do ban the channels they will frame it as an ATTACK on russian media. These channels HAVE to be terminated according to YT's own policy BUT instead of YT being simply a passive video platform they decide to take matters into their own hands and bend the rules, manipulate and lie.

It's no surprise corruption and nepotism go hand in hand.

I strongly recommend this one in spite of it being almost 2 hours long. It's beautifully eloquent and the hard work of the production is admirable.  Very insightful.

Edited by Leo Gura
Original title was misleading

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

Woah they pulled this thread deep real quick. 

It got me thinking how much integrity you must lack to have a career as a lawyer. 

Funny how phonetically lawyer sound like liar?. 

54 minutes ago, mmKay said:

It got me thinking how much integrity you must lack to have a career as a lawyer

Some lawyers got lots of integrity. But of course most of them not. It's not good for business.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

TLDR : YouTube is turning a blind eye to OBVIOUS repeat infringers ( Russia Today's 39 Channels ) who file frivolous DMCA counter-notifications to avoid the termination of their accounts. 

What I don't understand here is that RT channels are not visible on Youtube anymore. I cannot find them.

So what is this guy complaining about? RT seems banned from YT.

What am I missing?

And calling this "nepotism" is just wrong. This is not what nepotism means.

Edited by Leo Gura

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

And calling this "nepotism" is just wrong. This is not what nepotism means.

I was using the word as in " favoritism between people in power " . My bad. is Cronyism or simply corruption a better term maybe? The extreme rule bending is hilarious

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

What am I missing?

1- They are not banned.

Quote :
As of the day of  making this recording, YouTube has temporarily  blocked worldwide access to all videos hosted  across all of Russia’s state-owned channels. This was done a few months ago  following Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. It’s a step in the right direction, for sure. But a temporary “blocking” of RT’s videos is not  the same as the termination of their accounts

2- Why he's Suing YT : The rule-bending

in a nutshell : 350 days ago RT arabic channel is banned. Only 3 hours later its world wide news and it's framed as an american attack on russian media. The channel is back up inmediately by orders of the kremlin. / Time stamp is below)

Quote :

" This. period. matters. ( The 350 days) 

It matters because it represents the day that  YouTube made the decision to violate its 3-strike  policy by reinstating RT, through the day that  all of RT’s videos were blocked globally.

For nearly an entire year, YouTube complied  with an order from the Kremlin NOT to terminate RT’s channels following its threats that  Google’s billion-dollar business in Russia would be banned if YouTube did not  immediately stop its “Western censorship."

I am going to say that again because  it’s important: YouTube complied.  YouTube complied with a written order  — from a senior Kremlin official — with  knowledge that that order would have a  direct effect here in the United States,   affect an American citizen, and violate  YouTube’s repeat infringer policy.

THIS needs to be investigated."

Here is a relevant time stamp for ya.

Edited by mmKay

This dude is taking this so personally.

YT obviously has to skillfully navigate and play power games with big national governments. This guy is acting like YT should just surrender the entire Russian market because of a few violations of his copyright. He is technically correct about the copyright violations, but he's so naive about how geo-politics works.

I'm not defending YT per se, but to expect YT to give up the entire Russian market for one guy is laughably naive. Geo-politics is messy stuff, and there are basically no laws or rules when it comes to dealing with a nation like Russia.

At these high levels of power games, nothing is clean and pure as this guy wants. He's too entitled. You have to take into account that if Russia kicks out YT, Russia's YT replacement will not give a damn about copyright at all. They will copy all videos and post them in Russian and he will have zero legal recourse. Because US copyright standards don't exist in Russia. Welcome to worldwide affairs, where there is no law.

Yes, it would be nice if YT cracked down on Russian shenanigans, but I wouldn't hold my breath. This is not the hill to die on. If you're a content creator of any kind you should basically accept a 5% piracy rate on your content no matter what. Brick and mortar stores have to accept a certain shoplifting rate. It's just part of the cost of doing business. To get all moralistic about it and to expect perfection is silly and a distraction from your creative work.

People pirate and violate my copyright. It's par for the course.

Realistically, this guy suffered very little financial damage from these copyright violations. His channel's success has not be injured in the slightest. But he wants to get puritanical about it. Okay, enjoy the endless drama.

A key lesson in life is to differentiate between what's worth fighting for and what isn't. This is one of those cases where this guy has created a lot of needless suffering for himself with very little upside. Sometimes in life injustices will happen to you and you just gotta be wise enough to let them go. Especially when it costs you nothing.

Edited by Leo Gura

29 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

YT obviously has to skillfully navigate and play power games with big national governments. This guy is acting like YT should just surrender the entire Russian market because of a few violations of his copyright. He is technically correct about the copyright violations, but he's so naive about how geo-politics works.

I'm not defending YT per se, but to expect YT to give up the entire Russian market for one guy is laughably naive. Geo-politics is messy stuff, and there are basically no laws or rules when it comes to dealing with a nation like Russia.

At these high levels of power games, nothing is clean and pure as this guy wants. He's too entitled. You have to take into account that if Russia kicks out YT, Russia's YT replacement will not give a damn about copyright at all. They will copy all videos and post them in Russian and he will have zero legal recourse. Because US copyright standards don't exist in Russia. Welcome to worldwide affairs, where there is no law.

Yes, it would be nice if YT cracked down on Russian shenanigans, but I wouldn't hold my breath. This is not the hill to die on. If you're a content creator of any kind you should basically accept a 5% piracy rate on your content no matter what. Brick and mortar stores have to accept a certain shoplifting rate. It's just part of the cost of doing business. To get all moralistic about it and to expect perfection is silly and a distraction from your creative work.

Realistically, this guy suffered very little financial damage from these copyright violations. His channel's success has not be injured in the slightest. But he wants to get puritanical about it. Okay, enjoy the endless drama.

A key lesson in life is to differentiate between what's worth fighting for and what isn't. This is one of those cases where this guy has created a lot of needless suffering for himself with very little upside. Sometimes in life injustices will happen to you and you just gotta be wise enough to let them go. Especially when it costs you nothing.

If analyzing a casual problem and elevating/integrating its core dynamic to the metaphysical perspective was a muscle, you'd beat Mr. Schwarzenegger on stage without even flexing. 

Excuse for the ass licking, some things just have to be said. 

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Well said. Sometimes taking and letting go a negative at 5% is far more practical than to create drama and argue for that 5% cost. Shows how the majority are still addicted to drama.

On 29/08/2022 at 10:49 AM, mmKay said:

Woah they pulled this thread deep real quick. 

It got me thinking how much integrity you must lack to have a career as a lawyer. 

Funny how phonetically lawyer sound like liar?. 

@mmKay I think there are numerous lawyers out there with integrity. I'd pick Bryan Stevenson as an example.

There's a prominent film that was made about him called, 'Just Mercy'. I really enjoyed it, and found it rather profound.

Edited by Ulax

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback