kray

Delta 8

12 posts in this topic

So I’ve recently learned about THC’s younger cousin delta 8. Are there any real effects from delta 8, or is it more like CBD? Is it safe or dangerous to consume?

1 minute ago, thepixelmonk said:

Definitely real effects, unlike CBD. It's as safe as delta-9 is.

So how are they selling them in gas stations?

Yes the effects are as real as smoking a blunt, at the right dosage. I dont smoke weed anymore but Ive tried Delta 8 and i was literally just as high as if I smoked. It slows down mental processing speed and reduces cognition. It may be useful for silent sitting contemplation as it slows down your thinking so much that your really able to go deep into every thought if you want. But its not very useful due to the drastic cognitive reduction. 

The reason gas stations can sell it is because its legal. Thats the only reason. Delta 9 is regular marijuana. That is still decriminalized. (in the US) The only difference between the 2 is a location of a particular chemical bond within the molecule making it Delta 8, then if that same bond is in a different location on the molecule it becomes Delta 9. Because of that location shift it becomes its own new compound that is legal. 

delta-8-vs-delta-9-diagram.jpg

Edited by Kamo

Focus on the solution, not the problem

17 hours ago, Kamo said:

Yes the effects are as real as smoking a blunt, at the right dosage. I dont smoke weed anymore but Ive tried Delta 8 and i was literally just as high as if I smoked. It slows down mental processing speed and reduces cognition. It may be useful for silent sitting contemplation as it slows down your thinking so much that your really able to go deep into every thought if you want. But its not very useful due to the drastic cognitive reduction. 

The reason gas stations can sell it is because its legal. Thats the only reason. Delta 9 is regular marijuana. That is still decriminalized. (in the US) The only difference between the 2 is a location of a particular chemical bond within the molecule making it Delta 8, then if that same bond is in a different location on the molecule it becomes Delta 9. Because of that location shift it becomes its own new compound that is legal. 

delta-8-vs-delta-9-diagram.jpg

I've heard that with Delta 8, you won't get that paranoid, is this true?

On 28/08/2022 at 10:21 PM, kray said:

So how are they selling them in gas stations?

Because delta-9 is technically what makes weed illegal, and delta-8 is molecularly different enough to not be caught under the same law. States are starting to catch on and some are banning it at a state level, but there are still many places it's perfectly legal. I might agree that it doesn't make you as paranoid, but of course it affects people differently so.

Edited by thepixelmonk

OP - I would suggest you Google "delta-8 paranoia depressed" etc.  Seems a few people who are seasoned smokers of regular THC have had psychotic breakdowns and other issues after using Delta-8.

YMMV, so just be careful.  

6 hours ago, kray said:

I've heard that with Delta 8, you won't get that paranoid, is this true?

Yeah paranoia was one of the reasons i quit smoking weed, This how ever you do still have a flavor of that same mechanism functioning. But your more aware of it, rather than meshed all up in it I would say. Its almost just a little lower of a degree of the same thing. like if smoking weed puts your paranoia at a 10, for me this only puts it at a 5 or 6.. I think thats the best way I can describe it. However that number will go up the higher your dose. I have the gummies so 5mg. I once tired up to 5 of them at a time and it was way too fucking much. I find 2 is manageable and 1 is suggested. Depends on your senstivity. Your not trying to just get high here but if thats your goal then they will certainly do the trick. lol. If anything this a great tool to working through consciously observing your paranoia as an object of attention. You will be able to actually be aware of it and not trapped by it how ever youll still have the same feeling but it wont like be too overwhelming as it subsides based on your attention. The biggest thing i find about it is It basically magnifies all your thoughts. I would even word at as it exaggerates thoughts. Its very good for contemplation.

Edited by Kamo

13 hours ago, Kamo said:

Yeah paranoia was one of the reasons i quit smoking weed, This how ever you do still have a flavor of that same mechanism functioning. But your more aware of it, rather than meshed all up in it I would say. Its almost just a little lower of a degree of the same thing. like if smoking weed puts your paranoia at a 10, for me this only puts it at a 5 or 6.. I think thats the best way I can describe it. However that number will go up the higher your dose. I have the gummies so 5mg. I once tired up to 5 of them at a time and it was way too fucking much. I find 2 is manageable and 1 is suggested. Depends on your senstivity. Your not trying to just get high here but if thats your goal then they will certainly do the trick. lol. If anything this a great tool to working through consciously observing your paranoia as an object of attention. You will be able to actually be aware of it and not trapped by it how ever youll still have the same feeling but it wont like be too overwhelming as it subsides based on your attention. The biggest thing i find about it is It basically magnifies all your thoughts. I would even word at as it exaggerates thoughts. Its very good for contemplation.

I also know that there is THC-O and HHC. Given these three main derivatives, which one of the three offers the best euphoric experience? 

9 hours ago, kray said:

I also know that there is THC-O and HHC. Given these three main derivatives, which one of the three offers the best euphoric experience? 

I never heard of THC-O or HHC. So i cant help you there. 

On 31.8.2022 at 1:19 PM, kray said:

Tried HHC recently. Me and a friend went to a cannabis shop, because he wanted to buy some HHC edibles for a friend of his.
THC is illegal where I live, but HHC isn't. It is present in the plant, but in to little of an amount, so it gets extracted.
My friend told me that its less potent than THC and it's effect only lasts for one hour.

Took one drag from a vape stick in the shop.
I had a dissociative type of trip for a couple of hours and almost panicked. I was still notably effected half a day later the next morning.
Definitely be careful with new cannabinoids. If you get paranoid with THC, better stay away from them until there's more knowledge about their effects. 

I’ve been using D8/9 stuff for a while, thought I’d give Amanita Mushroom Gummies a try. One gummy gives a mild uptick, really good for microdosing; did one a day for three days, then a day off. Noticed better energy, focus, and concentration- effects lasted at least two days after taking break. haven’t tried more than one at a time (or in combo with other prods besides the D8 50  taken for sleep) . i expect these will be very useful for the busy weeks tracking & making appointments. recommend trying.