The Mystical Man

The Last of Us Part I & II - The Best Video Game of All Time

69 posts in this topic

@The Mystical Man  Nice, definitely agree it's at least top 50 best game worldwide.

19 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

That's a very long list.

Rayman, Morrowind, and Patapon are on there for sure.

Super Metroid, Castlevania, Jurassic Park 2 and the Jurassic Park construction games, Dino Crisis, Devil May Cry, Berserk the Millenium Falcon, Parasite Eve, Resident Evil Remake in Nintendo GameCube, Parasite in City. And many more. Of course, my list.

14 hours ago, Null Simplex said:

My current favorite all time game is Bloodborne.  The atmosphere, artwork, and gameplay in that game are tops.  I love how saturated the streets are with gothic architecture.

Bloodborne is awesome. Best FromSoftware game. I love the soundtrack and the final boss fight. The bosses in the DLC, The Old Hunters, are amazing, too, especially Ludwig, Lady Maria, and Kos.

Edited by The Mystical Man

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

8 hours ago, mamad said:

The Last of Us part 2 was the most profound art I ever experienced better than all the movies, tv series and music I ever encounter

Part II made me feel emotions that no other medium had made me feel before. I felt the anger and sadness so intensely that I had to remind myself that it's just fiction. 

The last part of the game was unforgivably mesmerizing that it could dissolve your ego and give you an awakening experience;)

A last act, one final movement of such power, such beauty, and such magnificence is so rare. Druckmann crafted Ellie's downward spiral with a mature vision and a deep understanding of human nature.

Whenever I'm tempted to hold on to something, I don't remember spiritual teachings. I remember Ellie's journey, and I know that it's wiser to let it go. That's the power of art. It's a power that non-fiction doesn't have. McKee calls that power Aesthetic Emotion – the simultaneous experience of idea and emotion.

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

@Leo Gura Have you played much Minecraft? If so do you enjoy it?

I absolutely love how open-ended Minecraft is and all the creative potential it has. A few years ago I made this survival world that I put a ton of time into. I started by getting all the best things in the game until there was pretty much nothing left to do but build. I decided to just stick with that world and keep building more and more and see how far I could take it. I made this huge castle and this massive hidden underground base beneath it. 

I did so much in that world and enjoyed it so much that it no longer felt like I was playing a video game, but like I was doing art. I've never felt such passion and love while playing a video game. I loved the creative aspect of it so much and being able to build everything and set everything up exactly how I wanted to, and and it was so much fun doing it in survival where you have to gather the resources from scratch.

I ended up using that world as an example for that exercise in the life purpose course where you review times in your life where you have been really passionate. I gained a lot of insight into the specific way I enjoy being creative and it helped me pinpoint my zone of genius.

I'm wondering if you like Minecraft a lot too because I know how creatively inclined you are

"We are born of Love, Love is our mother" - Rumi

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9vkQMt-MlvK9Xvnf-Ji

@Tristan12 I've never played it. Too blocky :P

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

13 minutes ago, Tristan12 said:

Really? wow you're missing out

My first time playing Minecraft was such a cozy experience. I remember it was raining outside irl as well as in the game and I felt warm inside when I was finally safe in my shelter on survival mode. Such a cozy game!

1 hour ago, Asayake said:

My first time playing Minecraft was such a cozy experience. I remember it was raining outside irl as well as in the game and I felt warm inside when I was finally safe in my shelter on survival mode. Such a cozy game!

Ya nothing better than getting cozy and playing some minecraft on a rainy day

"We are born of Love, Love is our mother" - Rumi

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9vkQMt-MlvK9Xvnf-Ji

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Tristan12 I've never played it. Too blocky :P

Speaking of which, any "retro" games you like?

2 hours ago, Extreme Z7 said:

Speaking of which, any "retro" games you like?

What is a retro game?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

What is a retro game?

I'll take that as a 'no' then. :P

On 10/26/2022 at 5:33 PM, The Mystical Man said:

felt the anger and sadness so intensely that I had to remind myself that it was just fiction. 

I finished it in 2 days in that 48 hours I slept less than 10 hours. I couldn't take a break from that bloody storyline.

The amount of fight-and-flight hormones in my body was crazy.

I remember when the rat king chased me in those dark dungeons and how my heart was ripping off my chest.

7 hours ago, mamad said:

rat king

Brilliant encounter:

On my second playthrough, I played on grounded. Surprisingly, the rat king wasn't as difficult as expected. Ellie's encounter with the bloater was much worse.

And on my second playthrough, I already knew the story, so I could pay more attention to the other amazing aspects of the game; I could appreciate the brilliant level design and the sound design.

On grounded, the AI is absolutely formidable. They call out where you're hiding, and they cover each other. It's very realistic. 

This game keeps blowing my mind:

I don't think I've ever seen that animation before.

I love Abby. I didn't play like that on my playthrough.

I would love to play the last of us games. If I ever game in the future it’s on my list

Can you make friends in the game or just kill everyone?

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

15 hours ago, Thought Art said:

I would love to play the last of us games. If I ever game in the future it’s on my list

Can you make friends in the game or just kill everyone?

You basically kill people and "infected". Making friends is part of the storytelling, not a gameplay option/activity.

Also checkout the Uncharted series if you want a similar game as TLOU without so much brutal killing.

Edited by UnbornTao

On 10/29/2022 at 1:32 AM, Thought Art said:

just kill everyone?

giphy.gif