The Mystical Man

The Last of Us Part I & II - The Best Video Game of All Time

69 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Arthogaan said:

@Leo Gura did you play Witcher 3?

Yes, hated it.

2 hours ago, The Mystical Man said:

I have fond memories of playing Rayman 2 & 3.

Those are trash by comparison. The only Rayman I recognize is 1.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Those are trash by comparison. The only Rayman I recognize is 1.

Rayman 3 is too good :P

Some of my fondest memories as a child was playing Rayman 2 on the PS2. Loved that game, and it's still a huge source of inspiration for me. But to each their own.

55 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Those are trash by comparison.

giphy.gif

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

54 minutes ago, Asayake said:

Rayman 3 is too good :P

29 minutes ago, Peter-Andre said:

Some of my fondest memories as a child was playing Rayman 2 on the PS2. Loved that game, and it's still a huge source of inspiration for me. But to each their own.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

22 hours ago, kamwalker said:

I don’t game a lot, but this series was truly incredible. I even played them multiple times! It’s just so perfect in regards to story, gameplay, and the acting. 

giphy.gif

Witcher 3 and Skyrim are my top games of all time

Edited by King Merk

The game of survival cannot be won. 

22 minutes ago, UnbornTao said:

No TLOU gifs, only Uncharted.

Read the guidelines before posting.

giphy.gif

Morrowind with mods still beats Skyrim.

Tragic that Besthesda will never create another Morrowind.

Edited by Leo Gura

Witcher 3 has such a poor game design. Only music, visuals and story is good, gameplay is so shit.

Couldnt bring myself really to play much, just rushed through the main quest line and called it a day. No fun to explore the world and do the same repetitive side quests

Edited by Hello from Russia

31 minutes ago, Hello from Russia said:

Witcher 3

I understand why people like it, but it's def overrated.

Edited by Leo Gura

I should record a Morrowind Let's Play.

11 hours ago, Michael569 said:

Alan Wake

I have to call this out nothing personal @Michael569 xD. Alan Wake is hands down the most overrated piece of shit I've ever played lol. How it has such amazing reviews it beyond my understanding. 

The gameplay is insultingly limited and boring. It's just blind stuff with your flashlight and shoot. The level design is somewhat pretty/atmospheric but linear and boxed in, you couldn't get lost even if you tried. Which I'd argue is core of what make horror/mystery games good and adds to the anxiety. The comedic relief of the guy you go through the game with is just annoying and kills what little scariness is to be found. I kept expecting more but it's just a 10 hour cycle of elementary mechanics of collecting batteries and bullets and walking.

The concept/story of the game is interesting on it's face and gets you invested. The opening 30 minutes and scenes are awesome but literally the ONLY worthy part of the game worth seeing. It gives you this initial giant tease and itch for discovering something interesting but it NEVER comes the entire game. It's the gaming version of blue balls.

"Oh, that's it?" is the phrase that describes Alan Wake perfectly. It wasn't a big mainstream hit so I don't think there were a lot of expectations, but I got a really sour taste in my mouth seeing all the positive reviews for it only to get it for myself and finding it to be probably the worst game I've ever played.

Edited by Roy

hrhrhtewgfegege

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

I should record a Morrowind Let's Play.

I still think Skyrim is better but would watch you play it anyways ;) 

The game of survival cannot be won. 

My current favorite all time game is Bloodborne.  The atmosphere, artwork, and gameplay in that game are tops.  I love how saturated the streets are with gothic architecture.

Edited by Null Simplex

21 minutes ago, King Merk said:

I still think Skyrim is better but would watch you play it anyways ;) 

Skyrim is just so vanilla and simplistic. It doesn't have the same depth of world.

20 minutes ago, Null Simplex said:

My current favorite all time game is Bloodborne.  The atmosphere, artwork, and gameplay in that game are tops.  I love how saturated the streets are with gothic architecture.

I enjoyed DS3 way more. Bloodborne is very one-dimensional relative to DS.

The lack of weapons, shields, and armor was such a bummer. There's like no good loot.

The weapon variety in DS3 is insane.

Edited by Leo Gura

The Last of Us part 2 was the most profound art I ever experienced better than all the movies, tv series and music I ever encounter

The last part of the game was unforgivably mesmerizing that it could dissolve your ego and give you an awakening experience;)

Edited by mamad

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

The lack of weapons, shields, and armor was such a bummer. There's like no good loot.

I love DS3 as well and there are many aspects of DS3 that are superior to Bloodborne, including (but not limited to) the openness and armour variation that is more than just cosmetic.  As for weapons though, there are 93 weapons in DS3, but so many of them are just reskins of one another with some variation in how you level up your stats to maximize damage, or some other minor effects.  The weapons feel pretty simple.  By comparison, just about all 26 weapons in Bloodborne are unique, and most of the weapons have two forms, increasing the ways to approach combat.  The weapons in Bloodborne just have more depth to them. 

I ended up using like one weapon for my whole playthru. I maybe got thru half the game before quitting. It was lame. The environments were also too samey and monotone.

To me, finding cool new weapons and armor is a big appeal of the game.

Edited by Leo Gura