Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EugeneTheSage

Need advice for not burning out

6 posts in this topic

Hey. For the past 1,5 years, I was investing time and energy into building a 3D artist portfolio. I've finally found a job. The schedule is quite challenging: 10:00-19:00 5 days a week, and there are deadlines as this is the advertising industry, so work on the weekends is also possible (but they say if you worked on the weekends you can take 2 days off after finishing the deadline). After one week of work I feel a bit down, but better than expected. The good thing about this schedule is I have a lot of time in the morning so I'm able to do my yoga for 2hrs, but unfortunately, there is no room for jogging in the evening (the acute physical exercises are so crucial when having a sitting job). They have ergonomic workspaces i.e. regulated table height, and screen height so that's a plus

My question is: how do I work so that I don't burn out, don't ruin my health, and also be able to devote Saturday to learning new 3d modeling techniques?

Before starting my new career I've already had a bit of weak health: depleted nervous system, pain in my arm due to overuse of a mouse (I have an ergonomic one, but still), I feel underexercised - my body begs for movement

My insights:

• do more intense yoga asanas and more repetitions of Surya Namskar. Yoga had already improved my health over the past half year.
  • nootropics: genius mushrooms, a lot of omega-3
  • do Epsom salt baths once a week to restore magnesium deposits
  • go to the sauna once per week (I'm too tense)
  • buy a bike and use it to get to work in the morning
  • must have one session of jogging once per week

What are your insights guys?

Nice news, I'm glad that you found your first job. Every new beginning is hard, but it will get easier by getting experience, just focus on it with meditative mindset, release all tension and stress that is accumulating. Sometimes for workout I'm practicing shuffle dance, because it's very practical. Don't need to go anywhere wasting time, can do it in front of my computer for 30 minutes, enjoying music, and it have better effect then jogging outside, but it takes time to learn. :)

I find it's best to do some small and simple exercise during your work (10-15 minutes every 2h for example).

You can also switch and go jogging in the morning and then have your yoga session after work.

Burnout is a function of workload over agency x purpose

It’s much harder to burnout on something that is meaningful to you.

So if you’re going to work long hours, invent a framework where it’s not just a means to an end (for money).

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

Burnout can also happens if you push things to hard to quickly. Find the right balance of workload for you, its like going to the gym after years of not working out, you need to ease yourself back into it. So don't doo too much too fast or too early. Trust your intuition on what feels right.

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

Burning out is a state of mind. Suppose you feel very tired but you still visit your parents, you have a wonderful time with them and once you went home, surprisingly you don't feel that burnout!