Jake Chambers

Transitioning Soon

152 posts in this topic

On 27.8.2022 at 7:28 PM, Inliytened1 said:

One day you will look through my eyes and type these words.  And one day i will be looking through yours.

Inspiring!

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

The suffering of humanity is very real on its own level. Death is as real as it gets. It's the only thing that is guaranteed. 

Death is an intrinsic part of life. Without death, life would be static; it'd be even more horrific than it already is. Death leads to sorrow, but it also leads to freedom. Death makes life beautiful. 

"To face the totality of life we must face the reality of death, sorrow, and loss as well." - Adyashanti

Edited by The Mystical Man

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

22 hours ago, bambi said:

New and exciting wouldn't be the words to describe childhood lol

Would you honestly want to re-live your life or childhood Leo?

I had a great childhood and life, overall. I would love to relive it, as long as my memory is wiped, otherwise it would just be too predictable.

I was fortunate to have a great childhood.

Maybe your life isn't pleasant or exciting. But it is new every day.

Im 35 this year, hopefully the next 35 will be less stress, more enjoyment and contentment, but the first 20-30 weren't fun 

Sorry you got a rough start. Try to make the best of it.

20 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

I guess you removed the double standard of our edits not being shown :) ?   for a minute I thought I was demoted :)

In fact I did. It's not healthy to have too many special privileges ;)

16 hours ago, Jake Chambers said:

Thank you all for the replies. It does mean a lot to me. 

If you need someone to talk to about your situation, PM me.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 8/27/2022 at 0:28 PM, Inliytened1 said:

One day you will look through my eyes and type these words.  And one day i will be looking through yours.

That just gave me a massive mind-fuck. So you're looking through my eyes right now as my present experience is happening, and I'm looking through your eyes as your experience is happening (or so I imagine for now). The experiencer of "Tristan's life" and the experiencer of your life and everyone else's are one and the same, so there is only one experiencer - I suppose that's the Self. I've heard about that before but thinking about it in that way is crazy.

"We are born of Love, Love is our mother" - Rumi

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9vkQMt-MlvK9Xvnf-Ji

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:
17 hours ago, Jake Chambers said:

Thank you all for the replies. It does mean a lot to me. 

If you need someone to talk to about your situation, PM me.

Just wanted to say I really respect that you're offering this Leo considering that you probably already have so many other people taking up your time managing this forum and all

"We are born of Love, Love is our mother" - Rumi

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9vkQMt-MlvK9Xvnf-Ji

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I had a great childhood and life, overall. I would love to relive it, as long as my memory is wiped, otherwise it would just be too predictable.

I was fortunate to have a great childhood.

I wouldn't want to relive the bullshit I've lived through in this stupid russian (soviet) education system for 1000 or more enernities, with or without memory

Edited by Hello from Russia

On 8/28/2022 at 2:09 PM, Leo Gura said:

If you forget then it will be as new and exciting as it is now.

Maybe that is exactly what you did to get here.

I don't understand "there is not death" either. If bodies don't die then where are they? Why can't I see my dead grandfather if he's not dead?How exactly do I stop imagining the future and how does that make death unreal?

Isn't death the absence of Mind and body? 

Is death real for me because I don't understand it? 

Can I speak to a man who lived 10,000 years ago? Since death is not real he should be alive somewhere...? 

Leo, in one of your latest videos you talked about leaving a legacy and how you want your life to end, what's that about? 

58 minutes ago, MarkKol said:

If bodies don't die then where are they? Why can't I see my dead grandfather if he's not dead?

Your grandfather is a figment of your mind.

How exactly do I stop imagining the future and how does that make death unreal?

If you stop thinking about the future it doesn't exist.

Isn't death the absence of Mind and body? 

So you imagine.

Is death real for me because I don't understand it? 

No, death is real for you because you picture it in your mind. If you stop picturing it, it doesn't happen.

Can I speak to a man who lived 10,000 years ago? Since death is not real he should be alive somewhere...? 

No, you're imagining the past too. So there's really no one to speak to, unless you dream up a past. Which of course you do. But your dream also has constrains such as not being able to talk to dead people. Then again, you could perhaps find ways round those constrains. Nothing is really stopping you from talking to your grandfather since he's a figment of your mind.

Leo, in one of your latest videos you talked about leaving a legacy and how you want your life to end, what's that about?

That's part of the dream that is my life. Within your dream you can set goals for yourself, if they please you. These goals give the dream meaning, making it significant. Legacy is a relative notion, it has no absolute reality. But if I'm here dreaming I might as well make the most of it.

Edited by Leo Gura

22 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

That's part of the dream that is my life. Within your dream you can set goals for yourself, if they please you. These goals give the dream meaning, making it significant. Legacy is a relative notion, it has no absolute reality. But if I'm here dreaming I might as well make the most of it.

Preciate the honesty and tone you have adopted recently, this makes you far more relatable and inspiring, than just acting like youre above everything. 

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

Jake, take a look at this book. Here is the synopsis:

The amazing stories in this book are first-hand accounts of people from all walks of life who recovered from serious, or in many cases, terminal diseases through practicing Falun Dafa.

Falun Dafa, also known as Falun Gong, is practiced by millions of people around the world. You may have read about it in the news, or perhaps come across Falun Dafa practitioners at a parade or some other civic event. It's also common to see a group of practitioners gathered in a park doing the gentle, slow moving exercises or sitting with their legs crossed in meditation.

Most people who practice the exercises daily and follow the teachings of Falun Dafa report improvements in their health. Often, these improvements are subtle, involving such things as relief from stress, better sleep, a "lighter" and more energetic feeling, and happier moods. Many others, though, such as those whose stories are collected in this book, report dramatic health improvements, including the disappearance of life-threatening diseases.

Book can be downloaded here:

https://en.minghui.org/emh/download/publications/JCFS_2ndEd_whole_book.pdf

Once you understand Reality, it is impossible to die. Because you are God and you are everywhere at once, at Absolutely all times.

Death is purely imaginary.

But to understand this is no small feat. Once you understand it you will drown in Infinite Love.

Truth/Love is the impossibility of death. Consciousness cannot die. Ever. Consciousness is too Awake to die.

Why would God allow itself to die? God is Absolute.

God cannot die because it has nowhere else to God.

What you don't understand yet is that death assumes somewhere else you can go. Some other. But God has no other. God is Infinite Self.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura Just cause it’s imaginary doesn’t mean this particular dream won’t come to an end. It’s still pretty scary not knowing what the hell is next unless you’re at superhuman levels of consciousness 

Just now, Joel3102 said:

@Leo Gura Just cause it’s imaginary doesn’t mean this particular dream won’t come to an end. It’s still pretty scary not knowing what the hell is next unless you’re at superhuman levels of consciousness 

Nothing is next.

There is no next.

Next-ness is a dream.

On 8/27/2022 at 1:52 PM, bambi said:

Sure, but I can respectfully request not to engage with someone else, and they can do the same for me, or maybe not in your worldview? 

1) Being free of thoughts that decrease suffering doesn't solve the problem of suffering. Life is suffering (1st noble truth) or if you want dreaming is discontentment and suffering, or dualism is discontentment or suffering. Negative thoughts exacerbate this, sure. But I vehemently disagree and argue you don't understand the metaphysics of finitude and duality, or your not yet concious enough of the discontement of being in these states

2) Notice how you and the other dude always assume a position of authority and you assume others posts are through a lack of understanding or experience, when the inverse is true to me; you have no idea what im talking about, and I fully understand your positions, and it seems you just regurjitate stuff you don't understand, no offence

....engagement is a 2 person thing. It doesn't matter if he responds to you, just ignore him. The problem with victim mindsets is you pass blame on others and ignore your own power. You have the power to ignore. I could go on Facebook and a person can write me tons of messages I could ignore him or block him. You also have a block function, use it. Stop playing victim and utilize your power.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Tristan is Leo

But Leo. Can you actually sit in a bar or something, anywhere for that matter, where there’s a number of people, and be conscious that they are you? Or you are them? Same thing. During what I feel to me to be massive awakenings I can see how and why this is the case. But back in my normal state, other than using memory from awakenings, or the dream analogy, I just am not at all conscious of this. I can create in my mind that this is the way it must be, but I do not seem at all to be genuinely conscious of it

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Nothing is next.

There is no next.

Next-ness is a dream.

What is this answer different from saying I don't know?

You know pretty well that you got extremely lucky not to be born (dreamt up) in some other, further part of Russia so know you aren't sent to Ukraine warzone as cannon fodder.

4 hours ago, Haloman said:

You know pretty well that you got extremely lucky not to be born (dreamt up) in some other, further part of Russia so know you aren't sent to Ukraine warzone as cannon fodder.

Your existence isn't luck. You are Absolute Truth.

On 8/28/2022 at 9:44 AM, Inliytened1 said:

I guess you removed the double standard of our edits not being shown :) ?   for a minute I thought I was demoted :)

You are too enlightened to be demoted. LOL.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

5 hours ago, Haloman said:

What is this answer different from saying I don't know?

Sometimes I feel he’s intentionally extreme and vague with his answers just to fuck with us