SelfHelpGuy

"Everyone is doing the best that they can do with what they have"

20 posts in this topic

False! 

This is my Devil Post 666!! Beware or be scared!

Nobody is doing the best that they can do with what they have. 

Now that is true. Your best is infinite because you are God. You will never reach your best potential because your ability to improve is infinite.

Have humans done their best at beating the world record? No. World records are getting broken every year. 

There is no limit to what you can do. The only limit is what you imagine. 

What you call “best” changes with time.

My best today will be average next year. 

You can always do more and improve. You are never at your best.

This is my Devil Post 666!!!! Beware or be scared! :) 

Edited by r0ckyreed

Meditation is a lifestyle of developing a calm state of mind WHILE engaging in one’s ambitions!

Counting your breaths, chanting a mantra, and the rest of it is all ratshit and a complete waste of time. What is stopping you from meditating WHILE working on your life purpose?

That's bullshit, of course, but it can be a great soothing line when talking about the past to calm someone or yourself

I think the better line tho is - it is as it is or it was as it was - so you don't really project any judgement on a situation but still sort of surrender to the situation

Edited by Hello from Russia

False - In the sense that if you take a lazy person who sits around and does nothing all day, you could force them to do manual labor with the threat of violence, and they would be 100% more productive.

True - On a technicality, because of the "with what they have" part. If some external force is working on a person, whether that's forced labor, or even something positive like just providing motivation, then by definition it's something outside themselves that's allowing them to do better. In a fatalistic sense, in any given moment, everyone is doing the only thing they could possibly be doing.

I think a better question would be "Are most people operating below their true potential" - to which I'd answer a resounding yes.

You have the ability to reach out for help or seek out information from videos, books, etc and learn to do better

@SelfHelpGuy

3 hours ago, SelfHelpGuy said:

True or False?

Both, depending on your stage of development, cognitive and moral development, personality types, state of consciousness, life experiences, other lines of development, worldviews and biases you are indoctrinated with that distorts this statement as 'true or false?'.

Almost agree. Everyone is doing what they think is best for them imo

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

Its both. Its a paradox. Such is life.

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

Actually true. We have a survival instinct that sort of pushes us to do the best that we can all the time with regard to our circumstances.. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

I love the irony of all the answers....especially the most recent one. I didn't know you met every person on the planet and know that only David Goggins alone has come close.....lol. That is an impressive feat especially since there are over 7 billion people on the planet. THAT is impressive!!

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

If you cleanse your mind of all bias you will realize this:

Reality is Perfect.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

True- because the best they have is also their consciousness and motivation levels. So if they “have” all the books on self improvement for example but have the consciousness level and freinds that push them to jerk off to video games all day, that actually is them doing their best. Their best is them being depressed and unmotivated because their mind couldn’t be any other way because that’s where it is at. They don’t have a mind that says “hey, let’s stop doing this and read some books!” 

14 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Reality is Perfect.

A fucking men. 

It almost sounds more authentic to say it’s better than perfect. It’s fucking unimaginable. People don’t realize how rare of a shot in the possible iterations experience being a human being on planet earth is. You can get fully enlightened. You can be a billionaire. You can do whatever the fuck you want to a certain extent if you’re willing to put in the work. People, my past self being one of the world’s worst offenders, do not realize that the path to the good life is paved with suffering. More than suffering though, it’s paved with pain and difficulty. People don’t realize that pain and difficulty can be like a gift from God wrapped in gold if you discover the mindset of — I can fucking do this. This is a blessing. This is awe inspiring in every Planck length of time. 

Edited by BipolarGrowth

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

1 hour ago, JTL said:

@Leo Gura how do you drop bias ? ?

Observe, identify, question, and deconstruct all your biases.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Not a fan of generalizing stuff.

However:

There's a lot of disempowering (ineffective, unhealthy) behavior done by pretty much everyone. And it isn't necessary.

So I'd say no.

Edited by UnbornTao

18 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Reality is Perfect.

Do you agree with this quote?

"The love of God is the fire of hell" - St Isaac the Syrian

6 hours ago, BipolarGrowth said:

A fucking men. 

It almost sounds more authentic to say it’s better than perfect. It’s fucking unimaginable. People don’t realize how rare of a shot in the possible iterations experience being a human being on planet earth is. You can get fully enlightened. You can be a billionaire. You can do whatever the fuck you want to a certain extent if you’re willing to put in the work. People, my past self being one of the world’s worst offenders, do not realize that the path to the good life is paved with suffering. More than suffering though, it’s paved with pain and difficulty. People don’t realize that pain and difficulty can be like a gift from God wrapped in gold if you discover the mindset of — I can fucking do this. This is a blessing. This is awe inspiring in every Planck length of time. 

Bang onnn!

Edited by BlessedLion