Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheAlchemist

How to get the most out of travel?

8 posts in this topic

I will soon be leaving to India and some other countries for a few months at least to travel around and see the world. 

I don't want to just be comfortable and have some pleasures etc. I'm not thinking of this as a "holiday" or something, but as an opportunity for deep growth, both spiritual and psychological.

I would love to hear your tips and advice on how to really get the most out of an experience like this. 

"Only that which can change can continue."

-James P. Carse

Don't plan too much. Just go. Travel and magical happenings go hand in hand.

I often think that the whole "finding yourself in Asia" is one of the most Western spiritual ego things people do. 

You're already going and that's great, don't want to be negative in that regard. I would just say follow your heart and keep an open mind as opposed to doing what you think you "should" be doing to make the most out of it 

@TheOneReborn You're right, there is a lot of bullshiting going on. I have previously been to India and have seen this phenomenon in myself. But also in my previous travels I have learned things even when going into them with that naive mindset. Last time I traveled abroad I had in my mind this sense that the travel will somehow suddenly change me, but I had the realization that nothing ever changes based on the environment I am in, and that environment doesn't matter really. It was a deep disappointment. And yet, that disappointment was an extremely valuable lesson. No longer could I delude myself that my fulfillment lies somewhere in the future, or somewhere "out there", and was forced to dig deeper. A sort of karma burning process was catalyzed by that total disappointment.

If I didn't do those journeys, I could be holding a false belief in my mind up to my retirement "one day I will travel the world and finally be fulfilled", never moving past that belief since I don't allow myself to experience it as soon as possible. 

So, I have a sense that travelling, just like a psychedelic trip can be very beneficial and grow you if done with the right mindset and intention. 

Edited by TheAlchemist

"Only that which can change can continue."

-James P. Carse

8 hours ago, TheAlchemist said:

@TheOneReborn You're right, there is a lot of bullshiting going on. I have previously been to India and have seen this phenomenon in myself. But also in my previous travels I have learned things even when going into them with that naive mindset. Last time I traveled abroad I had in my mind this sense that the travel will somehow suddenly change me, but I had the realization that nothing ever changes based on the environment I am in, and that environment doesn't matter really. It was a deep disappointment. And yet, that disappointment was an extremely valuable lesson. No longer could I delude myself that my fulfillment lies somewhere in the future, or somewhere "out there", and was forced to dig deeper. A sort of karma burning process was catalyzed by that total disappointment.

If I didn't do those journeys, I could be holding a false belief in my mind up to my retirement "one day I will travel the world and finally be fulfilled", never moving past that belief since I don't allow myself to experience it as soon as possible. 

So, I have a sense that travelling, just like a psychedelic trip can be very beneficial and grow you if done with the right mindset and intention. 

Seems to me you got it all figured out, you are just doing what I do from time to time which is doubt myself. Based on everything you say you are fine. Enjoy yourself and let loose!!

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

8 hours ago, TheAlchemist said:

Does traveling help you in any way in the spiritual sense? 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

Be careful in India, it's basically a guarantee you'll get super ill. Tbh if you can skip India I'd skip it. Nepal might be decent.