petar8p

Toxicity of this forum

23 posts in this topic

How come a channel and a forum revolved around actualizing oneself, consciousness, Enlightenment, Love, Oneness has so much accusing, pointing fingers, attacking each others' stances within 90% of the threads.

What do you think this is indicative of?

Can we do something about this and create together a new way of relating towards each other? 

These are open-ended question and I would like to invite anybody who's gonna join this conversation to try to do it in a conscious, thoughtful and loving way. Let's try and see how far we can go..

These are just byproducts of open-mindedness and nonideological stance of Leo's teachings. Leo wants wolves not sheep, although he knows it would be easier and more "loving" to raise sheep.

5 minutes ago, nuwu said:

drama every day until you like it

ka.jpg

Lol that's too cute to get mad at.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

Yeah there are toxic elements to this place.  You can't mention this though or people will gaslight you, or the mods will be on you.  It's kind of like a toxic family system, where if you call it out or see it for what it is, then you are the one who is castigated instead of those who spread genuine toxicity.  The best you can do, just like in a regular society, is to ignore it and go about your business. 

Karma catches up to people who spread badness everywhere they go, be it online or in person, either that or they stagnate and never change, which is in the end a worse fate than being the whistle blower on an obviously somewhat toxic place.  But if you just don't let it affect you, go about your life and realize this, then it doesn't really matter much at the end of the day.  You can't escape situations or people like this, it is engrained into society and there is no good filtering system for these things.  So what can you do?  You can bring attention to it, sure, but what's shown here is that, just like in my case, when you mention it, people don't really want to look there.  Not really.  Not truly.

I dunno, I think it's about as good as you can expect.

If you look at the Discord servers of people like Destiny or Vaush, I would say there's a lot of overlap and similarity in terms of users between their communities and this one... intelligence levels, level of agency, morals/ethics, etc. just minus the spirituality part. But those places are a lot more toxic and full of drama than here, up to and including things like grooming and sexual harassment in DMs.

It's never going to be like an in-person retreat or event, because there's no risk of getting slapped in the face for your bad takes xD. But going to some spiritual retreat has its own problems of inauthenticity. Everybody's trying to show how spiritual they are and 1-up each other, hiding all their flaws, anger, etc. Those kinds of communities remind me of the drama in church when I was a kid. The adults are all super nice and polite to each other's faces, but then as a kid you see all the gossiping, accusing, attacking each other, and finger pointing is still going on behind their backs. Everybody's seen that super positive new age lady who's clearly brimming with rage under the hood and a moment away from exploding. The positivity almost transforms into a condescending passive-aggressive attack.

I'd rather have a little bit of toxicity if it means everybody is being more authentic and upfront, instead of being around a bunch of neurotic fake people.

@petar8p idk. There can be this sort of fighting… many threads are great. 

Also, it takes time for people to grow and mature. This forum will grow and mature over the years. There will also always be noisy newbies as well. 

conflict and disagreement is healthy and happens to us all. Accept it.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Welcome to the internet.

If there is truly toxic stuff report it and we will take a look. We routinely police truly toxic behavior. But as far as drama goes, that's on you guys.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

This forum is not that bad, I've seen a million times worse on reddit.

actualized talks about some deep shit which people have strong opinions about. Also controversial posts tend to get the most replies and get seen more so it appears more frequent than it really is.

Forum/any space can only be as conscious as the people are in it..

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

1 hour ago, Yarco said:

I'd rather have a little bit of toxicity if it means everybody is being more authentic and upfront, instead of being around a bunch of neurotic fake people.

Agree

22 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Welcome to the internet.

If there is truly toxic stuff report it and we will take a look. We routinely police truly toxic behavior. But as far as drama goes, that's on you guys.

True, thanks.

The only way I see it is to lead by example and talk on every thread with total respect and gentleness even within the strong opposition of views. This is a far better way to show and practice open-mindedness than desperately trying to knock someone's flawed way of thinking, or lash out because someone else has lashed out.

I perhaps can't speak on whole forum, but I'm frequently following and seeing this in Relationships/Dating section. A lot of people just wanting to be right and talking more in terms of who knows more in theory rather than exchanging experiences, real opinion and hearing each other's takes and approaches. 

I will try my best to always answer/debate consciously and with kindness, no matter what I get back!

As far as forums go this is one of the better ones. There are some truly toxic cesspits out there. You can't over moderate either or else you kill interesting discussions or people get bored and want to leave.

It's a personal development forum as well so remember that. People are coming here with issues they want to solve and things they want to work on. You aren't going to find a lot of fully developed conscious people here because, why would they need this forum?

hrhrhtewgfegege

You shoulda seen it a couple years ago lmao

It's much better now

if you wanna know why just look at the heads,

the good parts dont overshadow the bad

anyway wisest thing is take the good and leave the rest

The thing that you can do is to start doing it yourself, rather than expecting some other to do it. 

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

On 24.08.2022 at 0:16 AM, Razard86 said:

Lol that's too cute to get mad at.

No, it's too dysfunctional to not get mad at. Posting weeb stuff should be prohibited on this forum and I have no idea why it isn't.

20 minutes ago, Neon said:

No, it's too dysfunctional to not get mad at. Posting weeb stuff should be prohibited on this forum and I have no idea why it isn't.

There is weeb stuff? Where, I will crush it. It's an abomination!

hrhrhtewgfegege

10 minutes ago, Neon said:

wow we actually have someone who gets triggered over anime girls here lmao