Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Holykael

Objecting "God is knowing itself'

14 posts in this topic

How is god knowing itself if reality is a 100% artificial construct. God is not only constructing the setting of a scene but also the ego's reaction to any particular event. God decides whether the ego will be happy, sad or whatever else in any given situation. 

Given that reality is like this, how can we claim that god is knowing itself. God is being whatever it wants to be, the reaction to that being is purely artificial. You cannot know something that you invented or orchestrated yourself, you already knew it prior to the event.

People often say that this life is a process of god knowing itself but I find that statement to be utterly illogical considering the above facts. If feelings were organic and arised naturally from a particular situation that would make sense but god is the one pulling the strings of feeling. If anything god is simulating knowing itself, it's not actually getting to know itself because it is already known.

Yeah it's just a story .a way of making sense of reality (which Is completely senseless ). There is no storyline to reality .reality is just spontaneous occurrence. Completely chaotic .

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

20 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Yeah it's just a story .a way of making sense of reality (which Is completely senseless ). There is no storyline to reality .reality is just spontaneous occurrence. Completely chaotic .

❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Yeah it's a trip, the illusion of ego/self makes it seem like there's a bunch of important & meaningful things happening!

"There is just whatever seems to be happening"

- Jim Newman 

❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

The notion of reality being an artificial construct is an artificial construct itself. Why do you choose to see reality in such a sterile, nihilistic way? Considering that you are God, your creation surely couldn't be that redundant and meaningless, no?

Edited by Nilsi

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

reality is sacred. holy. At the bottom of everything there is a source of purity, of holiness, that would make you fall to your knees crying if you sensed it. you can't conceptualize reality, it doesn't work. You can open your heart to reality. it's the only thing that works. conceptualizing is putting God in a box. if you do, you have only captured a fossil. life cannot be captured with the mind 

and I agree. God is not knowing himself. this is stupid. infinity is unknowable. the idea of knowing oneself implies progression. To where? From where? God is loving itself. that's reality. And it's pure joy. Pure expansion, pure selfless creativity 

Edited by Breakingthewall

Well it's true, there isn't anything for God to know, but there is a lot for God to experience and love.

I would also not call it artificial, because the raw sensations are as real as it gets, its just that the stories attached to them aren't real. God doesn't fit in either artificial or natural.

I am Physically Immortal

I am also more than God :)

@Holykael Human reality is an “artificial construct” or a “dream” in the mind of God. It’s building blocks though, paradoxically is “Absolute Truth”. God understands itself so thoroughly it basically plays hide and seek with itself. God uses its infinite understanding to limit itself into a infinite amount of finite beings… or simply you as you are right now. You are “ignorant” to yourself. You also include and transcend yourself as if the nature of infinity. 

You can also think about Indra’s net. 

When we say God knows itself, that is the same as God being itself. It’s not really meant to be in the same way that I as a human know something because I have a finite mind. God can think in total experiences, objects etc. 

Like imagine me telling you what a fork was by manifesting and actual fork. 

God transcends logic btw… you need to grok this realization through mystical experience.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

God is too infinite to know itself as some fixed end-state. God is the never-ending process of an unfolding fractal of self-knowing and self-discovery.

And emotions are not "artificial". You got some seriously wrong conceptions of God and awakening.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Here is the thing though: all a dreams is, is just a collection of thoughts. You could call it an illusion, but the same way you could call your perception of reality in waking life an illusion. It's just that when you sleep, you get little sensory input so your brain reconstructs reality based on your memories, feelings and perceptions. 

That being said, you can't get to know what it feels like to be in a tornado because you haven't been in one. But to think thoughts in dreams don't affect you is the same as saying thoughts in waking life don't affect you. Here is what I'm getting at: the process by which the brain learns new information is not fully understood, but we know that when you do an activity over and over again, the brain behaves in the same certain way - when you play the guitar, the connections that are being used for it are being strengthened(as in more neurotrasmitters are being produced between brain cells). It's the basic principal of the body - what you use is what gets stronger. When you think about playing the guitar though, the brain reacts in almost exactly the same way. You imagine it, you use the same brain connections, you get better. Learning is actually purely psychological phenomenon. Your fingers don't learn, it's only how you rearrange your brain matrix. You can do it physically, unconsciously, or force it with thoughts. There are numerous experiments showing this. The most crazy one is a study with body building. People that simply think about working out during the day, imagine their muscles growing and their power increasing, build muscle mass faster than those who don't, with the same exercise time and routine. You can question the objectivity of those studies sure, but I personally have experienced this with other things as well.

When you dream, when you think, you rearrange your brain so that it is more efficient at thinking that way. That's learning.

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

God is too infinite to know itself as some fixed end-state. God is the never-ending process of an unfolding fractal of self-knowing and self-discovery.

And emotions are not "artificial". You got some seriously wrong conceptions of God and awakening.

I mean artificial in the sense that god chooses the emotions it wants to feel. The emotion isn't an organic process that comes out of nowhere. The emotion is imagined by god, that's what I meant by artificial.

45 minutes ago, Holykael said:

The emotion isn't an organic process that comes out of nowhere.

Everything is nowhere and nothing.

You are God and you struggle very much with "choosing" your emotions. Your own emotions are mostly a mystery to you.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Holykael said:

I mean artificial in the sense that god chooses the emotions it wants to feel. The emotion isn't an organic process that comes out of nowhere. The emotion is imagined by god, that's what I meant by artificial.

Do you actually know this through your own direct experience, or is it just something you've heard about?

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

On 2022-08-23 at 9:07 PM, Holykael said:

God is being whatever it wants to be, the reaction to that being is purely artificial. You cannot know something that you invented or orchestrated yourself, you already knew it prior to the event.

Right. So if God already knows what God knows. God can only be with what is. That is, being present with what is.

And you can only be present in the now. Because any idea of good or bad is rooted to something known in the past or the future for it to be known as either of those lables.