Carl-Richard

POLL: Do you meditate/take psychedelics?

Do you meditate/take psychedelics?   84 members have voted

1. 1. Psychedelics and meditation:

• Tried psychedelics, daily meditation habit.
    • Tried psychedelics, infrequent meditation (at least once a week).
    • Tried psychedelics, no meditation.
    • Never tried psychedelics, daily meditation habit.
    • Never tried psychedelics, infrequent meditation (at least once a week).
    • Never tried psychedelics, no meditation.
  2. 2. Psychedelics and awakenings:

• Tried psychedelics, had at least one sober awakening experience.
    • Tried psychedelics, had at least one psychedelic awakening experience.
    • Tried psychedelics, no awakening experiences.
    • Never tried psychedelics, had at least one awakening experience.
    • Never tried psychedelics, no awakening experiences.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

25 posts in this topic

I'm interested in what effect psychedelics have on spirituality. Tell us about how you got into psychedelics or meditation. Which one came first?

EDIT: added a new question about awakenings.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

1 minute ago, Consilience said:

Really cool poll!

Thanks! B|

That moment when you realize there is a selection bias because it's in the spirituality section rather than the psychedelics section ?

EDIT: HAHAHAH now it looks like I'm spamming ?

@Carl-Richard meditation came first to me.  

But I really want to know about your experiences with people who do psychedelics. Why did you say they aren't spiritual? I really wanted clarity on this. And you must go in detail because I'm genuinely confusedx

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

Psychedelics came first, even before I knew about meditation, personal development or Actualzied.org.

My brother had some experience with psychedelics, and we did it together. What a way to start :D 

Music is Love in disguise.

Imagine a future where Self Integration, Exploration and Creation is  normalized and encouraged.

https://wakingcall.com/

14 minutes ago, Tyler Robinson said:

But I really want to know about your experiences with people who do psychedelics. Why did you say they aren't spiritual? I really wanted clarity on this. And you must go in detail because I'm genuinely confusedx

These are like 8-12 people that I've hung out with who have taken psychedelics at least once (most of them over 3 times). Firstly, they've never tried meditation (except 3 of them, but they didn't seem to do it regularly). 80% of them smoke weed every day, pray to Jordan Peterson, and that's pretty much it. 

12 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

These are like 8-12 people that I've hung out with who have taken psychedelics at least once (most of them over 3 times). Firstly, they've never tried meditation (except 3 of them, but they didn't seem to do it regularly). 80% of them smoke weed every day, pray to Jordan Peterson, and that's pretty much it. 

At this point I don't know what to say. I'm confused whether I should try psychedelics or not. I had nigh hopes.  Kinda rethinking all of it. Mindfuck. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

29 minutes ago, Tyler Robinson said:

At this point I don't know what to say. I'm confused whether I should try psychedelics or not. I had nigh hopes.  Kinda rethinking all of it. Mindfuck. 

Well, you have to remember that these people haven't been introduced to the same level of spiritual ideas as you have. That also matters a lot. I was pretty clueless about spirituality the few times I tried LSD. It just didn't last very long :P

1 hour ago, Tyler Robinson said:

Just try them and see if it does something for you. Don't overthink this too much. If you do it properly, I'm sure you will get something out of it. Of course be careful and start low.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

Interestingly, I had an awakening experience from a weed edible.  It all made sense immediately, all the teachings, life, people.  Very humbling.

I meditate daily (a missed day here or there) but for the most part I'm consistent.  I've had of non-duality while sober, when meditating.  They were for like a split second but that split second felt scary, like I died because "I" disappeared.

Edited by hoodrow trillson

@Carl-Richard Feels like there should be a “both” option for question two?

I have done psychedelics and have had both at least one sober and one psychedelic awakening. So really that be my answer.

In terms of timeline, I dabbled in MDMA, Salvia and Sass before I ever discovered meditation and nonduality. Those substances gave me unique experiences but I was kind of just partying like a idiot back then. So it’s hard to say how much spiritual growth came from it.

6 hours ago, aurum said:

Feels like there should be a “both” option for question two?

I don't think that tells you much about your natural inclination towards spirituality.

15 hours ago, Nilsi said:

Just try them and see if it does something for you. Don't overthink this too much. If you do it properly, I'm sure you will get something out of it. Of course be careful and start low.

I'll keep your advice in mind. 

♡✸♡.

I'm curious, how do you guys interpret "daily meditation habit"?

20 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Actually sitting down with the intention to "meditate."

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

meditation first for me. I got interested in it after getting curious about the Beatles (not born in the west, so what the Beatles represented was totally not something that I grow up knowing) and then learned about transcendental meditation. after that went on r/meditation learned a bit about buddhism, used headspace the app and persisted with it for about two years of daily meditation (avg 15 min). In the past two years I had a condition that made meditation herd/impossible so I stoped. I'm thinking of getting back to it when I get a bit better. 

psychedelics came second, used it mainly because I had depression and out of curiosity. not depressed anymore, had a great effect on my life, but no awaking experience as far as I can tell ? I actually don't know what an awaking experience is/what counts as one?

it decently improved my emotions and got me get curious about life, I'm still a noob at it, but It's a good force in my life when I use it correctly :D

I was doing pychedelics when antidepressants would have been better :D

just because they help  for treatment resistant depression, doesn’t mean you have treatment resistant depression. LOL

Edited by Oppositionless

2 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Means you meditate at least once a day to me. What does it mean to you?

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan