integral

is there a way to pre-digest eggs or meat so they are as easy to digest as carbs?

6 posts in this topic

Im looking for a way to make heavy foods easier to digest. Cooking of course does this to an extent but the energy it takes to digest these foods is still very high. Is there maybe a technique or dissolving agent that can break things down before consuming? Maybe a product can be made from this. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

I haven't looked into it myself, but you can look into digestive enzymes. They're sold as a supplement in pill form. You probably want something with protease to break down protein, lipase to digest fat, amylase to break down carbs. If you're doing a keto diet you can probably skip the amylase.

In terms of technique, just chewing more should make all foods easier to digest. Besides breaking the food into smaller pieces, the saliva starts to digest the food even before it reaches your stomach. If you're a fast eater, try to get into the habit of chewing each mouthful 40 - 50 times, especially for tough stuff like steak or nuts.

You could blend your eggs or meat but I'd find that pretty disgusting and would remove the enjoyment of eating for me. But a compromise might be eating something like ground beef or pork instead of steak or pork chops.

Probably look into probiotics as well.

Edited by Yarco

That would be protein powder, whether it's whey or plant based.

I have a costco membership specifically to get the Orgain Plant Based protein as it's the only protein I enjoy mixed only with water.  Compared to the price of a typical item at work from the vending machines, paying $1.25 for a delicious nice sized protein drink isn't bad.

Whey protein is easily digested by most people also. I'll mix it into oatmeal or berry smoothies with ground flaxseed and other items.

Question is why you need to know that - do you feel stomach discomfort or feel tired after eating meat and eggs? Maybe it just means it is not right food for you and you should focus more on meat like fish and poultry instead of red meat, a2 casein dairy and plant protein sources.
Or you might have hypochlorhidria - low stomach acid. Then you can try Betaine HCl supplement, apple vinegar and bitter herbal teas for increasing HCl production.

When I eat high-protein food before carbs (porridge, potatoes) I feel ok. When I eat them together, or proteins after carbs I'm out for a few hrs after a meal. Don't drink after the meal (1,5hrs after the meal otherwise you'll dillute the stomach juice and it would take longer to digest especially meat or sth). And don't eat fruits/sweet vegs/berries together with anything else