mmKay

Any real benefits for circumcision?

4 posts in this topic

Edited by mmKay

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

Desensitize the penis so guys aren't so sexual

*this is a heinous reason, but the real reason since victorian era/industrial revolution, keep the poor from over breeding

Pre Victoria; similar reason but symbolic and less removed, more sensitivity left

It was in western Europe, with the Industrial Revolution, that the second population revolution began. Europe's population doubled during the 18th century, from roughly 100 million to almost 200 million, and doubled again during the 19th century, to about 400 million.

The modern use of Hebrew circumcision as a medicalized practice dates from about 1865 in England and about 1870 in the US. The procedure accepted for medical use essentially was the Jewish peri'ah.

http://www.cirp.org › library › history

History of Circumcision

Edited by Devin

I couldn't come up with a valid ethical reason to circumcize my kid, so he's not. My only real argument for it is purely aesthetics. I like it and think it looks better. But if I hadn't been circimcized then I'm sure I'd be fine with it. And I doubt I'd go through the pain to voluntarily have it done later in life.

The odds that you'll have a medical condition that requires removing your foreskin later, is about the same odds as having your circimcision botched and ending up with a messed up penis when nothing was wrong with you in the first place. So it's a wash.

To me it's like arguing to remove the appendix of all babies because 5% will get appendicitis in their lifetime. Just wait and deal with those cases when they come up later in life.

Circumcised individuals are less susceptible to: Infection of the penis or urinary tract, Sexually transmitted diseases ( this was very important in old times), Penile cancer ( although very rare) 

Should it be done to all children, I don't think so, no in these days