musicandmath111

How did you discover Actualized.org?

39 posts in this topic

How did you discover Actualized.org? What was your motivation and the critical decision you made? What was the first video of Leo you ever watched?

My story: Back in February 2020 when I was 18 years old, I was in my last grade of High School and I wanted to have an A in philosophy. The teacher told me I would have to make a presentation or write an article about some philosophical topic or some philosopher. I chose the topic "the limits of logic", trying to explain logically why logic cannot explain everything. I already knew about Gödel's Incompleteness Theorem back then, since I've always been a passionate mathematician. It's the prime example of this idea in mathematics. But I wanted to go beyond mathematics and show them the true relevance of this idea, that there is more to reality (at a epistemic and metaphysical level) than logic will ever grasp. I wanted to avoid the math part as much as possible, because that would confuse and distract them from the main message. I wanted to find a way to explain it in non-mathematical yet philosophically profound ways. So I searched Gödel's Incompleteness Theorem on YouTube, hoping to find anything close to what I was describing. AND BOOM! I found exactly what I wanted. Leo's video on Gödel's Incompleteness Theorem was byyy faaar the best video on this particular stance. Trying to distill the philosophical essence of that theorem and trying to apply it to more general and more important things, like epistemology or metaphysics. Sadly, I never made that presentation or that article, but that's how I found Leo.

Edited by musicandmath111

The YouTube algorithm revealed his channel to me some time in 2012, and shortly after I became interested in personal development.

I was 17 at the time, and Leo's content helped me fend off a deep depression I had been in since I was 15. 

INTJ 5w4 from Norway in favor of cultural cosmopolitanism

Most likely the Youtube algorithm and it showed up in the sidebar.

At the time I was just getting into self-help, writing ebooks and self-publishing on Amazon, general personal development and "make money online" stuff.

Maybe it was one of the static background videos that I watched first. But the one that really stands out to me as one of the first I watched was the one where he's standing in the Grand Canyon.

It would be interesting to go back and see what that first video was, but it looks like my Youtube watch history only goes back to May 2021, so I can only guess.

I can say for sure that at the time there was no spiritual, enlightenment type content on the channel. That came much later. In a similar way, there's another Youtuber I stumbled upon over a decade ago looking for videos about salvia divinorum, and now listen to his videos on political commentary on a daily basis. It's weird how channels morph and change over time, and bring you along the journey with them.  Sometimes it's hard to tell if channels grew along with me and just happened to have the same interests (I guess I would've unsubbed from those that didn't), or those channels more directly shaped me into the person I am today.

I fell into depression at the age 33 where I lost my girlfriend and also I came to the tipping point that I still haven't done anything truly meaningful of my life, so I started searching for different material how to cope and how to get back out of it. Just different stuff about psychology and motivational stuff and then there was also Leo. Frmo the first video (can't remember which) I was hooked on his way of presenting his knowledge.

I watched at least 2 of his videos every day, besides other stuff. He helped me a lot.

Edited by mojsterr

3 hours ago, musicandmath111 said:

I chose the topic "the limits of logic", trying to explain logically why logic cannot explain everything.

That's a most serious topic. Smart kid.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

A bald guy showed up on the sidebar. 

At first I was not interested. 

Then one day I clicked accidentally. 

I watched a few minutes. I laughed and I felt that the bald guy made sense. 

So I watched some more.

And I was hooked. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

I was working on my math degree and found his video on Gödel's incompleteness theorems. Was also interested in psychedelics, so that content  was interesting to me as well.

Im not sure the exact video i watched but i knew immediately that i was watching something that was of the highest value and quality on youtube. 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

It was at the tail end of 2016, maybe September of 2016 and I was going through a mental and physical health crisis.  I had not had an awakening yet, but was actively searching for ways to better myself and to come to understand my emotions.  I typed into the search bar something like "controlling emotions", something of that nature and his video was one of the first to show up - so I clicked on it, watched it, followed his advice and it helped.  I continued to watch his videos for a few years - joined the forum near the end of November in 2016 after having some awakening experiences, he had mentioned his website in a video and I visited, curious to see what was here.  I kind of quit watching his stuff as often in 2020.

I remember when I first discovered Actualized I was in high school, probably about 15 years old (2015) and I was searching for some videos on YouTube about social confidence as I struggled with social anxiety and shyness a lot at the time. I think one of the first, if not the first video of Leo's I ever saw was 'how to stop caring what people think of you'. I watched a few of those kinds of videos from Leo, found them interesting but I stopped watching after that. 

Then a couple years later I was searching for videos on youtube about being successful in business and making money (I was very stage orange at the time and really wanted to make a lot of money) and I found a bunch of Leo's old videos on being successful in business, and general success habits. I remember videos like '3 step formula to being ruthlessly successful at anything' and others like that. When I started to watch these videos, I remembered watching Leo a couple years back, and I liked his content and decided to subscribe.

I also really resonated with Leo's motivational content, and how he talks so much about not taking life for granted, seeing it as something precious and really wanting to make the most of your life. That's something I had always thought of myself and so I really resonated with Leo and what he had to say when I heard him talk about that. I remember my favourite episode at the time was 'motivational speech for living a passionate life'. I would listen to that episode every day for like 2 months. I've probably heard it over 100 times now.

I think around late 2018, Leo released the episode 'what is love'. I remember thinking "oh that sounds interesting, it'll be some explanation about how romantic love works". I watched it and it turned out it wasn't about romantic love at all. It was about spiritual love, and I think it was the first piece of spiritual content I'd ever consumed, and after that I was hooked. I also saw his video 'life is a dream' and decided to watch that, because since I was a kid I had always thought that life must be a dream, because materialism didn't make any sense to me (turns out I was right lol). 

I just continued to watch more and more of his videos, on any topic he talked about: spirituality, motivation, success, anything to do with personal development. I got so hooked on it all, especially the spiritual content, because it was like a whole new world I'd never heard of or experienced before and I found it so fascinating. 

At this point I'm almost 22, and I've listened to probably 1000s of hours of Leo's work. I would listen to it every day in the gym, while driving, sometimes at work, and in my own time. I've been completely transformed by Leo's work, and I'm so grateful for itxD

"We are born of Love, Love is our mother" - Rumi

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9vkQMt-MlvK9Xvnf-Ji

Like 6-7 years ago, I wanted to know how to get confidence. Leo made a video called his to be charismatic. I clicked that

Then he had a series on enlightenment, I wasted it out of curiosity, and here I am

Took shroom my first time something happened to me i knew I didn't exist but couldn't understand whats creating me if I didn't exist only as an idea in my mind. So I search on YouTube for realizing I am god. Kept taking shroom and went to the spirit realm and visit the akashic record before I even knew what they were. Life changing experience

Edited by Hojo

At 19 my brother showed Alan watts to me after our first LSD trip together, then actualized.org. 

Music is Love in disguise.

I've been following Leo since 2015. I used to think he was full of shit. His old productivity videos were good. And for some reason, I followed Leo along this crazy path. Best decision I made.

I'm glad I found Leo early. If back in 2015, Leo was talking about God and psychedelics, I would have ignored him. But Leo warmed us up.

Thanks for your work @Leo Gura

The No Bullshit Guide To Meditation 

His most popular video, popped in my recommended one day.

it was a suggested video, the one about death, that's the first one ever i remember, then i liked Leo's approach to explaining things...

When I was about 17 years old, I went on YouTube and searched for “How to make a girl squirt” :D @Leo Gura Thank you eternally for making that video, still haven’t managed to do it so far though :D

9 hours ago, Swarnim said:

The No Bullshit Guide To Meditation 

His most popular video, popped in my recommended one day.

Same here! 
I was watching dozens of videos on meditation without actually meditating. Then Leo’s video appeared, and I started taking action…