Razard86

Anyone know of a Yogi or Zen Master that uses Psychedelics?

50 posts in this topic

He tried ayahuasca and describes his experience. Generally he is pro-psychedelics if they are used consciously.

On 8/26/2022 at 4:59 PM, Kamo said:

@Inliytened1 If you dont mind me asking, from you own experience, how would you describe the contrast between asleep and awakened? What is the major difference?

You can probably answer that yourself if you have ever awakened from a dream at night  - which you have.  It's identical. 

@Ry4n yeah. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

I recently met a guy at an ayahuasca ceremony who was a monk for several years in a Tibetan Buddhist monastery.  It was his first time.  I have been meditating for years and I could tell from his demeanor that he was way advanced.  I asked him to describe his trip.  He said that mother aya came to him and asked him how far he wanted to go.  He said: “I want to go as far as you can take me”.  She then unleashed and sent him on a deep journey, and then came back and said ok now let’s get to work.    

Vincit omnia Veritas.

My root Zen teacher Doshin Roshi and his root Zen teacher Junpo Roshi (Dharma Heir of Eido Roshi) who was one of the lead producers of LSD in the world in the 60s and 70s that created Windowpane AKA Clearlight LSD. His highest dose ever taken was 25,000 micrograms (not a typo). When I asked directly, “so was that it?” Direct answer, “no,” followed by a smile.

Also my good friend @winterknight

Ralston too and many other teachers I know well.

All of them the same answer: NO. THAT’S NOT IT. What comes and goes are states and all states are relative experiences by the mind that are then interpreted by the mind which is often influenced by one’s belief system and philosophical orientation prior to tripping. 

Ordinary mind is the way. 

On 8/28/2022 at 10:21 AM, Inliytened1 said:

You can probably answer that yourself if you have ever awakened from a dream at night  - which you have.  It's identical. 

@Ry4n yeah. 

See thats still very tricky because in a dream i generally dont know Im dreaming, it just feels like life. Maybe with a few odd things that dont tend to normally happen as well as complete environmental changes. But then you wake up and its more clear and "awake" and your just like oh okay that was a dream as it completely has now vanished. So this "waking" reality is also a dream and once you awaken will all content simply vanish once more and experience now becomes living life again, simply more clear and feels even more "awake"? 

Focus on the solution, not the problem

21 minutes ago, Kamo said:

See thats still very tricky because in a dream i generally dont know Im dreaming, it just feels like life. Maybe with a few odd things that dont tend to normally happen as well as complete environmental changes. But then you wake up and its more clear and "awake" and your just like oh okay that was a dream as it completely has now vanished. So this "waking" reality is also a dream and once you awaken will all content simply vanish once more and experience now becomes living life again, simply more clear and feels even more "awake"? 

Yeah it's like your lucid dreaming..although sometimes you can forget its a dream too.  Oddly enough I've never been able to lucid dream at night- I always believe it is my reality during the dream because there is nothing to contrast it with so its total.  Same here until you awaken - but then you come back to the dream - now lucid.   Like I said its easy to loose the lucidity again but once you have it you can get it back at will. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Just now, Inliytened1 said:

Yeah it's like your lucid dreaming..although sometimes you can forget its a dream too.  Oddly enough I've never been able to lucid dream at night- I always believe it is my reality during the dream because there is nothing to contrast it with so its total.  Same here until you awaken - but then you come back to the dream - now lucid.   Like I said its easy to loose the lucidity again but once you have it you can get it back at will. 

So reality becomes more lucid would be the major contrasting difference? That makes sense. Sounds like when I snorted some 5Me0 there was an initial rush of a rather jumbled mess of consciousness shifting and morphing. But once it cleared, my reality was VERY Lucid, Crystal Clear and full of vibrancy. I felt very comfortable at peace and awake. This state didn't last however, but it is a reference experience I have to work with. So that state is potentially sustainable? and wont wear off if one awakens fully or does it come and go naturally?

Focus on the solution, not the problem

3 hours ago, Kamo said:

So that state is potentially sustainable? and wont wear off if one awakens fully or does it come and go naturally?

You answered your question, its sustainable. But are you willing to do what it takes to sustain it?

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86