Epikur

Is Sam Harris saying Trump is more dangerous than Hitler?

16 posts in this topic

Sam Harris: “It was a left-wing conspiracy to deny the presidency to Donald Trump. Absolutely, it was - but I think it was warranted.” (37 minutes)

Steady on, Sam… Don’t give the game away so easily!

He who bathes in the light of Oeaohoo will never be deceived by the veil of Mâyâ. 

Helena Blavatsky, The Secret Doctrine

27 minutes ago, Oeaohoo said:

Sam Harris: “It was a left-wing conspiracy to deny the presidency to Donald Trump. Absolutely, it was - but I think it was warranted.” (37 minutes)

Steady on, Sam… Don’t give the game away so easily!

Team left did not comment yet. Sam said the silent part loud. Hasan though just watches everything.

@Epikur

On 8/20/2022 at 4:20 PM, Epikur said:

Well, if he's arguing in terms of Trump being more dangerous than Hitler due to Trump being here rather than Hitler, okay, but historically Hitler and his group takes the cake for having been far more dangerous and eviler than most modern day evil people.

7 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Epikur

Well, if he's arguing in terms of Trump being more dangerous than Hitler due to Trump being here rather than Hitler, okay, but historically Hitler and his group takes the cake for having been far more dangerous and eviler than most modern day evil people.

I guess if an Astroid is more dangerous than Hitler than what Sam means is that Trump is more dangerous than Hitler minus the hyperbole.

he aint smart enough to be more dangerous lol 

Well you did see what happened on January 6. So we know how dangerous Trump can be with his propaganda. 9_9

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

11 minutes ago, Tyler Robinson said:

Well you did see what happened on January 6. So we know how dangerous Trump can be with his propaganda. 9_9

Who’s a good girl! 9_9

He who bathes in the light of Oeaohoo will never be deceived by the veil of Mâyâ. 

2 minutes ago, Oeaohoo said:

Who’s a good girl! 9_9

You. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

1 minute ago, Tyler Robinson said:

You. 

:)

Honestly Sam is right. Even if some laws need to be broken and some hypocrisy is to be had - Trump should have been denied the presidency and should be again in the future. He is just so fundamentally corrosive things that any alternative is a better path.

People who think otherwise are complicit in griefing society.

hrhrhtewgfegege

Sam openly confessed and made explicit what more or less everybody on the so-called “left” believes today. The truth is that we have long lived in post-democratic states, abiding by the pure law of Schmittian power politics: “Sovereign is he who decides the exception”. The true sovereign of our times - an agglomeration of mass media, so-called “intellectuals” of a mostly liberal and cosmopolitan class (the worshipper of Holy Logic and avowed “atheist” Sam Harris himself being a case in point), and of course, as is always necessary, financial support from congenial elites - decided that Trump was an exception, an "existential threat to democracy", using their sovereignty to declare a “state of emergency” in which the usual rules no longer apply.

Of course, Trump also tried to declare an anti-democratic “state of emergency” in which the usual rules would no longer have applied. He failed, however, because he was never the true sovereign of the Global American Empire (GAE). In this way, post-democracy is not even a matter of the democratic electoral process being compromised. It no longer matters who is elected into office because the Prime Minister or President is no longer sovereign over the state that he is supposed to rule. Trump only had to be removed, as Sam openly confessed, because, given his unpredictably and rash egotism, he was enough of a threat to the real sovereign. The real sovereign today - that is, if Henry Miller was not quite right to describe society today as “a stone forest, the centre of which was Chaos” - is non-governmental, spearheaded by non-governmental elites having a mastery over mass manipulation and decentralised control that the governmental elites can no longer match.

Perhaps the “state of emergency” brought on by the pandemic gave the new dominant class a taste of this power. The War in Ukraine and the extremely incompetent and malignant mismanagement of it by the GAE, resulting in a recession and ensuing supply deficits, is slowly creating a new "state of emergency". No doubt new "states of emergency" will emerge to justify the regime in its desperate and impotent clinging on to power. This, as even Aristotle had already noted, is the way that tyrants operate. In this way, a universal cynicism regarding the supposed modern Western values of liberalism and democracy encroaches: it is no longer possible not to know that the entire paradigm of liberal democracy is outdated and no longer adequate to deal with the problems of our time; as such, nobody with any intellectual capacity today really believes in it. The dividing line of our politics is those who openly disavow democracy and those who disavow it whilst pretending to support it; in the latter case, “democracy” becomes a mere synonym for the triumph of their own agenda.

A note on liberalism. Liberalism can only ever be a transitional phase between an old and a new form of order. Liberty in our context simply referred to the liberation of the old structures of discipline as a preparation for the reintroduction of new structures of control. This is the weakness of so many arguments from the so-called “right” today: libertarianism, free speech, gun rights and so on. All of these "liberties" could only ever have been temporary phenomena emerging from the death throes of the old (in this case, European Christian) order. All that we are witnessing today in everything that I have described above is the filling of the void left by the death of this old order, if for no other reason than that “nature abhors a vacuum”, by a new order which is just as illiberal as the old one. In this way, we live not only post-democratic but also in post-liberal states.

@Epikur Given all the money he must have, you would think he would have been able to afford a few lessons in lying!

"I don't know, it's meaningful..." *quickly moves on*... "I don't remember..." *quickly moves on*

After all, the Zuckerberg tribe have always been known for their deep commitment to honesty and forthrightness! Have you come across his sister Donna? She makes a living reinterpreting ancient texts to fit a feminist and progressive worldview. In response to which I can only quote my favourite passage of Aristotle:

The evil practices of the worst and final form of democracy are all characteristic of tyranny. Dominance of women in the household in the hope that they may inform against their husbands, and license towards slaves in order that they may betray their masters. Slaves and women do not conspire against tyrants, and they are of course friendly both to tyrannies and also to democracies, since under them they have a good time. For the common people too would fain be a monarch.

Sounds like a strong feminist to me! "For the common people too would fain be a monarch" is such a perfect description of our predicament. Tyranny of the idiots...

While it's par for the course for Sam Harris to have bad political takes as part and parcel of his "enlightened centrism", on this count I don't think he's entirely wrong.

(1) Hitler didn't have access to nuclear weapons. And was never going to, if only because of the irrationality of Nazi ideology that rejected nuclear physics as "Jewish science". 

(2) Hitler wasn't in position to prevent the most powerful country in the world from taking urgently needed steps to avert a potentially civilization ending climate apocalypse.

That's not to say that Trump is 'worse' that Hitler (however you define worse), just that because of technological advancements States are far more impactful and dangerous today than they were in the 1930s and 40s.

Far more is required of heads of State these days than a century ago, and bad judgement could literally lead to hundreds of millions of deaths; either through a bad judgement call that unintentionally triggers a nuclear war, or through large swaths of the planet literally being rendered uninhabitable for humans due to runaway Climate Change.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

21 hours ago, Oeaohoo said:

@Epikur Given all the money he must have, you would think he would have been able to afford a few lessons in lying!

"I don't know, it's meaningful..." *quickly moves on*... "I don't remember..." *quickly moves on*

After all, the Zuckerberg tribe have always been known for their deep commitment to honesty and forthrightness! Have you come across his sister Donna? She makes a living reinterpreting ancient texts to fit a feminist and progressive worldview. In response to which I can only quote my favourite passage of Aristotle:

Sounds like a strong feminist to me! "For the common people too would fain be a monarch" is such a perfect description of our predicament. Tyranny of the idiots...

Zuck was like 'I do not need to put energy into my lies'. I am the boss here end of story. Joe did not want to fight.

I checked Wiki on Donna:

Not All Dead White Men[edit]

Zuckerberg's first monograph, Not All Dead White Men: Classics and Misogyny in the Digital Age, was published by Harvard University Press in October 2018. It has been described as "one of the first books to examine the online formation known as the Red Pill...also known as the manosphere".[15] The "manosphere" includes numerous factions such as men's rights activists, pickup artists, and Men Going Their Own Way.[15] The groups are united by the belief that they are disadvantaged by contemporary society which operates in favor of women.[15] Zuckerberg's book is a reception study. It describes how the Red Pill movement online finds support for its sexist ideology in texts from ancient Greece and Rome, tracing the phenomenon back to its origins and describing its misappropriation of Ovid, Euripides, Xenophon's Oeconomicus and Marcus Aurelius' Meditations. The book touches on the links between the Red Pill community and the white supremacy movement.[4][5][10][15][16]

The "Red Pill" is a cultural reference to the film The Matrix (1999), where Morpheus (Laurence Fishburne) offers Neo (Keanu Reeves) the choice of the blue or red pill, giving blissful ignorance or gritty, painful truth respectively.[3] Zuckerberg argues that "[t]he red pill metaphor really encapsulates for them [alt-right groups] the fact that they really see their misogyny and racism as a form of enlightenment. They are able to see the world more clearly than the rest of us… and what they see is that white, heterosexual men are discriminated against in our society."[17]

Zuckerberg's book also explores the popularity of stoicism within the manosphere. The book describes how Red Pill men use stoicism to support their belief in a dichotomy between the rational nature of males and the emotional nature of women. Zuckerberg argues that the point of the Red Pill discourse "is not for everything to hang together logically and to be totally immune to criticism. The point is to make people feel something—to make their audience feel validated and justified and scared and angry—and [get] any reaction [out of] them".[6][13][18] Zuckerberg takes a feminist approach to classical antiquity, arguing that the ancient world was deeply misogynistic: "it was a time when there was no word for rape, feminism did not exist and women's actions were determined by male relatives".[3] Alt-right groups are using classical texts, distorted and stripped of context, to add weight and authority to campaigns of misogyny and white supremacy.[3]

Zuckerberg's interest in the topic began in 2015 when she realized an article about Ovid in Eidolon saw heavy traffic from the Red Pill community on Reddit. In the same period, she read an interview with Neil Strauss, who mentioned seduction advice by Ovid. That research interest became a magazine article, then a book.[4][5][6][16][18][19]

She should debate Rollo

What about his other sister? She is into NFT and Krypto
https://www.youtube.com/c/RandiZuckerbergOfficial/videos

Edited by Epikur