Tristan12

Leo, what do attribute to your depth of understanding?

19 posts in this topic

Over the last week I got around to taking notes on some of Leo's videos i've been wanting to take notes on for a while. These videos were some practical life advice videos, such as 'expose yourself to more experience', 'how to be decisive', 'should you go to college?', the life advice for young people series and a few more.

What amazes me is just how deep and nuanced the advice Leo gives in those videos is. I understand why it would be that way for spiritual topics because of how deep and complex spirituality is, but it blows me away how Leo can spend hours talking about these practical life advice topics as well, and how the content is just as deep and nuanced as anything else he talks about. The things I hear in these episodes are absolutely genius, they make me think 'holy fuck, of course, how didn't I think of that?', so much of what I hear in these episodes I've never heard from anyone else and I've never reached that level of depth thinking about these things on my own, and it blows me away that Leo can come up with all of this stuff. There is just so much detail and nuance to it.

What I want to know is how do you come up with all of this @Leo Gura? It seems that your work as a whole has become this way over the past few years. Your older videos are shorter and not as deep (although still great) and now it's not just the spiritual videos that are long and deep, pretty much every video you put out, regardless of the topic is very nuanced and well thought out. I'm guessing that your answer to how you became this way is a lot of deep contemplation and really racking your mind over these topics, but I just want to hear from you any other details of how you became this way and how I can develop these abilities myself? 

I really want to develop my ability to think like you and be able to reach the depth of insights you share on my own, so that i'm not dependant on you spoon feeding me the answers and so i'm capable of figuring out these kinds of things myself. Over the past few years I can tell the way I think has changed a lot from watching your content, which i'm happy about, but I want to go deeper and I want to understand how you are able to come up with the depth of insights you come up with now.

"We are born of Love, Love is our mother" - Rumi

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9vkQMt-MlvK9Xvnf-Ji

Deepening your connection to universal intelligence ;).

"Throw the monkey off your back and let the divine monkey enter." - Shunyamurti 

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

Success in this field comes from childhood trauma and deep sensitivity

Happy shallow people cannot become spiritual. They have no need to turn lead into gold. 

@puporing That's a great share, thanks, but how do you access this higher intelligence and bring it into your day to day life? Out of the awakenings I've had, I've never really accessed any crazy levels of intelligence, or accessed universal intelligence (that I know of) so i'm not sure how to access that or bring it into my life and use it for day to day things?

@TheOneReborn I'm not talking about spiritual development, I'm asking about how Leo reaches the depths of understandings he has about anything in life, specifically with more practical life advice topics. I feel like its more straightforwards with spirituality on how to gain deep understandings since you have psychedelics and spiritual practices and things like that.

Well, basically I'm just always contemplating, which generates insights, and then most of the work involves writing it down and organizing it.

The key is to be crazy curious about everything and then never settle for mainstream cultural answers but derive your own by thinking it out.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

"I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious." -- Albert Einstein

;)

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

work involves writing it down and organizing it.

The moment I write some insight down, I forget it, and it loses it's potency compared to when it was purely an idea in my head.

So I just keep contemplating it repeatedly till I instantly integrate it. Much of what I have written down before simply don't make sense when I take a look at it again. ?‍?

1 hour ago, musicandmath111 said:

@Leo Gura How can I develop curiosity?

When you look up at the stars, you should be instantly awe inspired. Or find something like that which will naturally make you curious. For me it's the sky and the stars.

Then I link everything else in my life to that one experience.

For eg:

"The room I am living in, is as awe inspiring as the stars."

"My mundane drive to work is as beautiful as the night sky and the northern lights." 

For the most part you are naturally curious. It's hard to develop it as far as I know. Just be genuinely more curious about the world. This unquenchable curiosity was one of the secrets of Da Vinci's mastery. 

2 hours ago, musicandmath111 said:

Unfortunately you can't really develop it. Curiosity is no different than a desire to have sex, or a desire to be a millionaire etc. If you truly wanted to be curious...you would. Its not a trait, its an identity. You think Leo can turn it off? He can't, its who he is...because it is what he loves. The only way he could turn it off...is if he wasn't it. You can only be what you love, love is identity. 

This is why you see people stuck in suffering, they have BECOME suffering, they love it. So until you love curiosity you can't become it....but you did start the path....because you were curious about curiosity. Did you love asking that question? If you did....you are already becoming curious.

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

8 hours ago, musicandmath111 said:

Not sure since I've always been.

8 hours ago, musicandmath111 said:

You need natural passion for that. 

Try liking things. Interest breeds curiosity. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

@Leo Gura I've actually really been missing your spirituality videos, that's why I originally bought into your work in the first place, and I'm sure that's the same with everyone else. If you don't want to focus on practical stuff, you don't have to. It's okay, like you can let it go, I've found some practical teachers to get life in order. And I'm sure that everyone else on here has found teachers to focus on practical stuff, routines to fix their life. Maybe, possibly it's time to stop releasing practical content all-together, to focus on pure spirituality?

Don't worry, you don't have to be the grindy practical disciplinarian, who makes sure everyone focuses on the success of life, there's plenty of those out there. Don't worry Jordan Peterson and others have that covered. Aren't you the fun spirituality guy paving new possibilities?

Maybe it'll make you feel better if you go all in your passion of spirituality? Just all the way, full power on the main idea of spirituality? 

100% Spirituality! Yeah Leo! Let's GO!

"Reality is a Love Simulator"-Leo Gura

9 hours ago, musicandmath111 said:

This is something I've been working on lately. I know a lot about the things I am passionate about, but there are other areas in life that I'm not so interested in which i am very ignorant about. I want to get into the habit of learning as much as I can about anything and everything so that I can become very knowledgable and well educated in general. To do this of course requires that I develop some level of curiosity and desire to learn about these topics.

Now whenever I have a question or wonder about something, I will try to search it up, get the answer and remember it, and I've noticed that as I do this more and more, it becomes really satisfying to get the answers to every little thing I wonder about, and it just makes me want to keep learning and wondering more and more. For example a few weeks I was driving over those bumps on a highway that make noise and I was wondering what they are and how they make noise. Rather than just forgetting about it, I searched it up. Turns out they're called rumble strips, and they make noise because they are small indents in the pavement which creates a sound when you drive over them. There are different types of rumble strips with names for different placements, and they can also be created in different ways (indented or raised).

I feel like the more you put in an effort to wonder about things and then do the research to answer your questions, the more you will want to continue to learn and do that, because learning is actually a really fun and satisfying thing, (not just about the things you love, but about anything).

Try to find positives and interesting things about the topics that bore you or that you have no curiosity about. You will eventually realize that there is something interesting in everything. Try to relate new topics to other topics you're already interested in. For example, one of the things I've started to research and learn about lately which I had no interest in before was history. Turns out history is basically a whole bunch of fascinating stories with a lot of wisdom and lessons to learn (either explicitly mentioned or you have to look for them), just like if I was consuming some personal development content, which I already love.

Becoming more curious, from my experience, seems to really be about having a positive outlook on any topic and looking for what you can find interesting about something, rather than immediately dismissing whatever doesn't immediately peak your interest. Keep wondering and asking questions, keep giving yourself answers, see how satisfying and fun it is to learn, and let the passion and excitement build. 

16 minutes ago, BuddhistLover said:

@Leo Gura I've actually really been missing your spirituality videos, that's why I originally bought into your work in the first place, and I'm sure that's the same with everyone else. If you don't want to focus on practical stuff, you don't have to. It's okay, like you can let it go, I've found some practical teachers to get life in order. And I'm sure that everyone else on here has found teachers to focus on practical stuff, routines to fix their life. Maybe, possibly it's time to stop releasing practical content all-together, to focus on pure spirituality?

Don't worry, you don't have to be the grindy practical disciplinarian, who makes sure everyone focuses on the success of life, there's plenty of those out there. Don't worry Jordan Peterson and others have that covered. Aren't you the fun spirituality guy paving new possibilities?

Maybe it'll make you feel better if you go all in your passion of spirituality? Just all the way, full power on the main idea of spirituality? 

100% Spirituality! Yeah Leo! Let's GO!

I love the practical content. I feel like Leo's practical life advice is still way deeper than what most other self-help gurus or books have to offer, so there is a ton of value in it and I wouldn't want it to stop, however he already has a lot of videos on practical topics so I don't think he would need to release new episodes that often. I love the spiritual content also, and I think the balance he has now works well. It's mostly spiritual topics with the occasional practical topic.

10 hours ago, musicandmath111 said:

That question stems from your curiosity.

Wonder and want to know. Identify your assumptions and beliefs as such. That will open up the door.