carlos flores

Does Heavy Metal Music Have An Impact On Your Consciousness Or Happiness? Vibes?

102 posts in this topic

The best argument against heavy metal is this: you have terrible taste in art :P

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@art It's interesting to hear that it helped you, I have heard many say it helped them find their life purpose. I wonder however, if that passion (in this case playing heavy metal) has some downsides too.

@Oneness I don't really ever relate to the lyrics at all. Most people who know me would never believe in a 100 years that I actually listen to many of these heavy metal bands, the reason why it's because they probably are expecting me to be some angry, violent or dumb dude but i'm actually quite the opposite. I graduated in the top 14% of my class in high school and I was like by many for my calmness lol.

@Leo Gura haha well that depends of what you would define as "art". for some a certain thing is art while to others is not. I think my dog is art!

Well one of the earliest Metal bands was Rainbow, they have some very spiritual songs and don't whatsoever sound like a typical Metal band. Ranging from Jesus to Magic to ego. They incorporate instruments from all over the worlds and many different cultural styles. I would say only half of their songs are "metal" as in somewhat of that energy but still terribly different. You will not find them to sound like anything you imagine. They are a very unique and underrated band for what they worth. Game changers.

This song is about Jesus but in a storytale kind of format. Feels very much like folk music and not very Metal. 

This song is about the ego and is more of a metallic sound. It uses alot of middle eastern influence. The song makes you feel like Jesus in the desert with the devil. Also a very interesting twist at the end.

This one is an extremely unique song with a very unlifting melody, almost fairy tale like. Would not so ever consider this a metal song. This is a personal favorite, it really reaches a realm of its own.

@SLICKHAWK I have been meditating for a while now, but I have done so much awareness work before meditating too. Being more aware of everything I do.

@Progress I love rainbow. They're quite unique musically and lyrically. even if they're not metal, it can be denied that they were a huge influence on heavy metal bands. I love how Dio once said "this earth is your heaven and your hell and it becomes what you choose it to be." Feel like this can go with self-actualization, a lot of times we feel miserable because we create that hell ourselves.

I have . to many questions yes. your body is the temple that is one being inside . emptiness . 

@SLICKHAWK So true. Thanks for sharing brother. :)

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

@Nahm Fucking Hostile to make my day, thank you :)

Did anyone define what is considered heavy metal for this discussion?

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The best argument against heavy metal is this: you have terrible taste in art :P

Haha, I would like to hear your preferances in music? Have you any listening experience with "high consciousness" music like Bach, Beethoven or modern composers like  Stravinsky or even Stockhausen, Messian. Are you able to have a deep experience of Stockausen? He is a genious, but for most people it's just noise. Can you experience the depth of his music? Try to listen for 10 minutes to each of these Stockhausne pieces.. ;)

7 hours ago, carlos flores said:

@art It's interesting to hear that it helped you, I have heard many say it helped them find their life purpose. I wonder however, if that passion (in this case playing heavy metal) has some downsides too.

Metal heads are in general the most humble, good and including people I know of. Of course many smokes and has terrible diet, but if you compare them to other "cults" it's a lot healthier psycologically if you just cut the alcohol and terrible diet most of them consume.. Just compare them with fans "other" popular music. Metal festivals like Wacken, Download and Sweden Rock has almost no violence, just check the police rapports, people are very nice. I don't listen to metal anymore, but it saved my youth. No doubt.

17 hours ago, Bronsoval said:

@Leo Gura the important thing to remember here is that Bach wrote a Symphony called "Air on a G String"

J.S. Bach never wrote any symphonies. "Air" is the second movement of his 3rd Orchestral Suite

On 2/13/2017 at 9:51 PM, Life Coach said:

@carlos flores I have to agree with this from personal experience. As much as I love heavy metal and as much as I enjoy listening to it, it comes with disadvantages. It literally lowers your vibration, sometimes by a lot. It can even make you angry or depressed. The more death, scream or trash and the likes the metal is, the worse the effect gets. I get bad mood every time I listen to Metal often. And I used to listen to metal quite a lot. Now I listen to other music, which is in it's essence more uplifting and positive, and simply more beautiful. The raise in vibration is very clear to me.

Check this out:

What happens to the water when it gets exposed to negative words is the same what happens to you when you expose yourself to negative music like heavy metal. The crystals turn to disfigured, ugly rotten shit. And so does our frequency and we ourselves too. Don't endulge too much in negative stuff. Same with horror films and the likes.

Seeing a few posts already referencing this bunk Emoto BS. Just because something has "consciousness" in the title doesn't make it true.

http://www.csicop.org/specialarticles/show/a_grain_of_truth_recreating_dr._emotos_rice_experiment

http://disinfo.com/2013/08/happy-water-crystals-debunked-as-pseudoscience/

Give this a whirl. I'm not sure what impact this music would have on the mind, consciousness or the body. But I found this guy on the Science and Non-Duality channel, and his voice is SO breathtakingly beautiful.

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few” 
― Shunryu Suzuki

2 hours ago, Morten said:

@Nahm Fucking Hostile to make my day, thank you :)

Did anyone define what is considered heavy metal for this discussion?

To see, to bleed, cannot be taught.

Rock on brutha

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

How can anyone  pigeonhole an entire genre of music? Isn't ragging on metal just the same as saying something small & obtuse like; 'Opera sucks', or 'Blues is stupid', or 'Classical is boring'?

It's fun to be able to enjoy someone plucking beautifully on a nylon-string classical guitar as much as someone who knows what to do with a backline of Marshalls & Mesas & a 7-string.

21 hours ago, Esoteric said:

J.S. Bach never wrote any symphonies. "Air" is the second movement of his 3rd Orchestral Suite

Thank you.  I learned something while proving my ignorance ?

On Tuesday, February 14, 2017 at 8:45 PM, Leo Gura said:

But Leo, didn't you create it? ? 

Edited by Bronsoval