julienw

Liz Cheney is not Jesus

17 posts in this topic

Good link.

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

1 hour ago, Sincerity said:

@Leo Gura yeah, I wouldn't say Liz Cheney did "not sell out to MAGA depravity." Look at her voting record pre 2020 election. In fact, she voted in literal lock-step with the depraved MAGA nutjobs. That's a looong list of anti-humanitarian votes she made. The definition of not integral. She just knew when it went beyond too far and would go down in history as a huge shitbag.

Edited by julienw

A) No one claimed she was Jesus

B) I'm well aware of her voting record. Yes, she is a conservative. What you're missing is that there will always be conservatives in politics. That's not the issue. The issue is one of healthy vs toxic conservatives. It's foolish to expect every politician to be a progressive. That's a childish view of politics. Most progressives are children on this matter.

C) I'm showing you a Tier 2 perspective and you're showing me a Tier 1 perspective.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

if the country was run by healthy conservatives would it be one you would want to live in? certainly not here, i can respect her for standing up to trump but i doubt i will be voting for her brand of politics anytime soon. and youre right leo, i dont expect every politician to be a progressive, but i expect there to be some consciousness in my politicians, and if im casting a vote im hoping itll be someone who has good policy, i dont see that in cheney, and frankly most if not all of the republican party. this is stating the obvious but im not sure i can respect that party at all, i barely respect the dems these days. 

I dont understand why you would hate on conservatives. Arent the Conversative and the Progressivness two sides of the same coin? Both are necessary for the system. Conservatism keeps it alive and the Progressive keeps it evolving. Of course the real life examples are never perfect e.g. corrupt or dumb or whatever but thats on the individum. Thats my understanding. I welcome you to give me your thoughts and criticism on this.

@Florian

2 hours ago, Florian said:

I dont understand why you would hate on conservatives. Arent the Conversative and the Progressivness two sides of the same coin? Both are necessary for the system. Conservatism keeps it alive and the Progressive keeps it evolving. Of course the real life examples are never perfect e.g. corrupt or dumb or whatever but thats on the individum. Thats my understanding. I welcome you to give me your thoughts and criticism on this.

True, they are two sides of the same coin. The problem is that the coin is dirty and corrupted fundamentally here and there, that manage to slip in and ruin the beauty of the coin's face, tail and edges. The challenging thing here, is how do we clean the coin properly, without damaging the face, tail, and the edges of the coin?

Two sides of the same coin laying face up in the mud ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Anytime someone has the last name Cheney. 

9_9

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

@Leo Gura Maybe that is how it is right now, but I feel like people here hate on conservatism in general. Maybe I'm wrong, I'm not following the polical threads actively, just reading some threads here and there

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Two sides of the same coin laying face up in the mud ;)

Why not go all the way? Two cheeks of the same arse!

9 hours ago, Florian said:

I dont understand why you would hate on conservatives. Arent the Conversative and the Progressivness two sides of the same coin? Both are necessary for the system. Conservatism keeps it alive and the Progressive keeps it evolving.

It’s been a long time since conservatives actually conserved anything… Besides, particularly in America, what do you really have that is worth conserving? Very little in the way of deep-rooted traditions, sacred sites or proven pathways to higher states of being; just Puritanical Protestantism and a stupid constitution declaring the “self-evident truths” that all “human beings” have the “right” to “live” as animals, to debase themselves in the name of “liberty” and to “pursue happiness” at the expense of all spiritual accomplishments… I say: Get rid of it! Not that the situation is much better in most other places. As I understand it, the real meaning of modern progress is expressed in Nietzsche’s phrase: ‘that which you can’t teach to fly, teach to fall faster!’

You are right, though, that progress without conservatism is essentially suicide: welcome to what Burnham called the ‘Suicide of the West’!

He who bathes in the light of Oeaohoo will never be deceived by the veil of Mâyâ. 

Helena Blavatsky, The Secret Doctrine

1 hour ago, Oeaohoo said:

It’s been a long time since conservatives actually conserved anything… Besides, particularly in America, what do you really have that is worth conserving? Very little in the way of deep-rooted traditions, sacred sites or proven pathways to higher states of being; just Puritanical Protestantism and a stupid constitution declaring the “self-evident truths” that all “human beings” have the “right” to “live” as animals, to debase themselves in the name of “liberty” and to “pursue happiness” at the expense of all spiritual accomplishments… I say: Get rid of it! Not that the situation is much better in most other places. As I understand it, the real meaning of modern progress is expressed in Nietzsche’s phrase: ‘that which you can’t teach to fly, teach to fall faster!’

You are right, though, that progress without conservatism is essentially suicide: welcome to what Burnham called the ‘Suicide of the West’!

Hmm, I think you are right, Conservatism seems to conserve only shit in america. But that means America is built on shit, doesnt it? So is America doomed?

13 minutes ago, Florian said:

Hmm, I think you are right, Conservatism seems to conserve only shit in america. But that means America is built on shit, doesnt it? So is America doomed?

Hahaha! It would certainly seem that way… But who knows, maybe “Dark Brandon” or Kamala Harris will pull some magical manoeuvres out of the works!

He who bathes in the light of Oeaohoo will never be deceived by the veil of Mâyâ. 

Helena Blavatsky, The Secret Doctrine

@Florian

12 hours ago, Florian said:

Such a bad faith caricature of conservativism, come on.

2 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Florian

Such a bad faith caricature of conservativism, come on.

dude I dont hate on conservatism, if you read what i posted above. That was just my initial thought when I read what @Oeaohoo said in his first answer. I dont know enough about american values and politics or the general situation in america to paint an accurate picture myself, so i used what he gave me and painted the picture that way. 

Why is this even a topic? If you want to understand the mindset of a group of people, look who they raise up to lead them. You cannot complain about the leaders, as they are just a reflection of the people they lead. If you want conscious leaders, you first need conscious people who will pick conscious leaders. 

Worrying about politics is a waste of time, raise the awareness of the people and the politics will pick themselves. The politicians aren't voting themselves into office.

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86