Devin

Disconnecting from society

46 posts in this topic

On the "path to enlightenment" or after, do you come back to society and integrate back into it in a way where you appear as a normal person in society at least on the surface?

I keep detaching more from society in terms of how I think and what I believe and I have less of a social need. I still do and want to live in society and be a part of it, I'm just definitely less attached to it than I was. I'm afraid I'll get to a point where I'll be very detached permanently, I think I will always come back to be a part of it but I have this fear I may just keep getting more distant. It seems like more and more people seem asleep to me, I feel more and more alien.

Also, if you think I may be doing, or following something, or believing something wrong please let me know, I'm not afraid to take help, and I don't and never have done drugs by the way.

Edited by Devin

I you may not be as you were before. The new you will be oozing with peace. People may say your strange. It’s a choice to make.

If you want to be liked and find human connection do that and see you will see how hollow it is. Then come back become enlightened and find they are you. 

No joy from mediocre human connection  could compare to the joy of being enlightened. Yet your mind makes the case to throw that away. 

Drugs can show you the amazing joy and goodness within you. This can help understand how to deal with society.

Anyone who says they’re enlightened on this form in anyway is not, except me I am. 

No need to dramatize.

The more alien I become, the more outcast I am it is actually easier for me to for example enjoy talking to my borderline asleep mother. 

Because of enlightement you see the beauty even in people. 

You may have periods of total seclusion, and then periods of gratitute for the illusion of other and will again immerse yourself in more social activities. 

Everyone has their theme. Yours may be to be totally secluded or totally social or any combination. Enlightment does not change that.

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

14 minutes ago, ChrisZoZo said:

Yet your mind makes the case to throw that away. 

My ego definitely screams "don't screw this up" at me. " don't waste your life, and regret it later!"

Thanks

14 minutes ago, ChrisZoZo said:

I you may not be as you were before. The new you will be oozing with peace. People may say your strange. It’s a choice to make.

If you want to be liked and find human connection do that and see you will see how hollow it is. Then come back become enlightened and find they are you. 

No joy from mediocre human connection  could compare to the joy of being enlightened. Yet your mind makes the case to throw that away. 

Drugs can show you the amazing joy and goodness within you. This can help understand how to deal with society.

I've always connected well with people and even more so now than previously, but I no longer feel a personal need for society and it's scaring me like I might walk away. But on the same note I kind of know I won't, I think staying is the only worthwhile thing to do. I don't have any desire to permanently walk away but I'm afraid if I stay on this path I may.

Edited by Devin

17 minutes ago, Arthogaan said:

Everyone has their theme. Yours may be to be totally secluded or totally social or any combination. Enlightment does not change that.

I feel a combination and always have, so are you saying it may ebb and flow but that it will probably remain my baseline over all?

Thanks

Edited by Devin

you fashioned this so you fix it

we're all but your long lost limbs

2 hours ago, Devin said:

@gettoefl ?, sorry, I messed up, gettin' out of dodge, good luck

hope you're okay and i didn't hit a nerve ... i thank you for your presence here ?

7 minutes ago, gettoefl said:

hope you're okay and i didn't hit a nerve ... i thank you for your presence here ?

I thought you were sort of joking around, I was just joking around back, you didn't hit a nerve

It was a good reminder, thanks

Edited by Devin

4 minutes ago, Devin said:

I thought you were sort of joking around, I was just joking around back, you didn't hit a nerve

It was a good reminder

glad to hear that, i do go overboard a bit with the inscrutable one liners

@gettoefl  you know the way you worded that reminds me of something related

4 hours ago, gettoefl said:

you fashioned this so you fix it

we're all but your long lost limbs

When you feel you have no one else to turn to when things get hard, it seems I miss some growth opportunity in those moments, like learning to lean inward turning to yourself, or observing the ego more, or something. I always just slog through and suffer mental pain although knowing it's just from my ego.

23 minutes ago, Devin said:

@gettoefl  you know the way you worded that reminds me of something related

When you feel you have no one else to turn to when things get hard, it seems I miss some growth opportunity in those moments, like learning to lean inward turning to yourself, or observing the ego more, or something. I always just slog through and suffer mental pain although knowing it's just from my ego.

yea suffering has the aim, to make you get so sick and tired of it that you lean in to learn the lesson it is designed to teach you

learning is looking at yourself (sensations) and within yourself (meditation)

@gettoefl thanks, I needed that. Now just to figure out the lesson I need to learn?, keep letting go of that ego more I think.

Edited by Devin

Notice that that is all happening in your head.  You may actually be manufacturing a spiritual ego so be careful.

I've heard that when it really happens and you 'pop' and have the aha moment, it might get a little weird but you would end up eventually integrating on an even deeper level, since you'll become aware there's no you, and everyone and everything is you.

Having a beer with a buddy would be even better because you are your buddy!!  You can listen to them even deeper and connect with everyone almost to the root level.  No judgements from you.  And if there are, that's not you.  Of course, I don't think everyone will love you, just like how it is in this waking life but that's part of life.

I wouldn't dwell on it much personally.  

Edited by hoodrow trillson

10 minutes ago, hoodrow trillson said:

Notice that that is all happening in your head.  You may actually be manufacturing a spiritual ego so be careful.

I've heard that when it really happens and you 'pop' and have the aha moment, it might get a little weird but you would end up eventually integrating on an even deeper level, since you'll become aware there's no you, and everyone and everything is you.

Having a beer with a buddy would be even better because you are your buddy!!  You can listen to them even deeper and connect with everyone almost to the root level.  No judgements from you.  And if there are, that's not you.  Of course, I don't think everyone will love you, just like how it is in this waking life but that's part of life.

I wouldn't dwell on it much personally.  

Yeah, if you're on the right path. The problem is if you're not on that one, I hadn't heard the spiritual ego thing but I think that's what I'm afraid of.

6 hours ago, Devin said:

My ego definitely screams "don't screw this up" at me. " don't waste your life, and regret it later!"

Thanks

I love your ego!! LOL sounds like a fun ego.

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

32 minutes ago, Devin said:

Yeah, if you're on the right path. The problem is if you're not on that one, I hadn't heard the spiritual ego thing but I think that's what I'm afraid of.

Trust me, me too.  Many gurus and Leo for example have stated how sneaky the brain/ego can get and slipping into a spiritual ego.  Some people fall for it and end up being seekers until they die of old age.  Meanwhile, the person who said 'fuck this spiritual bullshit' after exhausting every corner can get enlightenment out of pure surrender.  Crazy xD

I think surrender is the key. 

also @Devin maybe try it out. Maybe go live alone isolated from society for a week and see what it’s actually like. I balance these things out. Most summers I spend in isolated meditation then when I come back to the world of socialization sex and people it’s more fun and I’m less anxious

I hadn't heard the spiritual ego thing but I think that's what I'm afraid of.

@Devin Simply surround yourself with people who aren't spiritual, might even see spirituality as woo woo nonsense, but are nonetheless emotionally intelligent and honest. They will let you know when you're developing a superiority complex or a spiritual ego. Because when you are developing that it shows clearly to anyone who is emotionally intelligent and if that friend is honest to you they'll let you know how much manipulation you're doing without even realizing. Because that BS that you'll do would be annoying as hell. 

Don't trap yourself in a spiritual bubble. You can go live alone and experiment with that but trapping yourself in some spiritual bubble with spiritual friends and romantic interests is the recipe to falsehood. You need people who challenge your insecurities, tell you your faults, and oppose your views no matter how wrong they are. Because these are the people who will push you to higher understanding of what you believe, if you what you believe isn't false. 

Keep in mind loads of people who are emotionally intelligent will look emotionally dumb for the first few weeks of being friends. It's very hard to recognize contrary to what people might think. Someone who you might think is too asleep and ignorant may end up being the one who dissolves your spiritual ego. Don't underestimate people.

Edited by Swarnim

Funny you're trying to tell me to socialize more :D.

I prefer deep connection and/or complete silence and nothing in between (the in between would be loose/with "strangers" which can still be enjoyable in small amounts).

Do you think deep connection is what you're missing?

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。