Harikrishnan

Sunscreen Suggestions

13 posts in this topic

I am in lookout for a good sunscreen without much harmful chemicals. Have been searching it for a while and could not find any good ones. Have u guys got any suggestion and also what all to look out for in a good sunscreen? 

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

I use the Aveeno Sensitive Skin SPF 50 zinc oxide one. There aren't many like this but they're out there if you search mineral sunscreen or zinc oxide. (Titanium Dioxide is the other mineral one). 

The idea is to get as much coverage as possible but is something you'll actually use/not react negative against (eg, some folks with darker skins don't like mineral sunscreen because of the white cast). And also taking environmental considerations into account.

active-ingredient.jpg

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

3 hours ago, puporing said:

I use the Aveeno Sensitive Skin SPF 50 zinc oxide one. There aren't many like this but they're out there if you search mineral sunscreen or zinc oxide. (Titanium Dioxide is the other mineral one). 

The idea is to get as much coverage as possible but is something you'll actually use/not react negative against (eg, some folks with darker skins don't like mineral sunscreen because of the white cast). And also taking environmental considerations into account.

active-ingredient.jpg

Thank you, I will check it out. Mine is indian brown skin. So white cast is another issue. Anyway I will check it out.

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

I would even consider getting a regular one if you can't find a more "natural" product. The risk of getting sunburn consistently trumps any risk from those chemicals, whatever they may be. 

I would always rather apply a common commercial cream than not apply anything and get burned or even mildly reddened skin. 

That or dress up when exposed to sun after 1 pm

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Mineral sunscreen (zinc oxide/titanium) > chemical sunscreen solutions (which are most)
I personally love La Roche Posay Anthelios, although it's a quiet expensive product.

Edited by undeather

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but I think I'm a little naive when it comes to sun exposure. I've been going all summer without sunscreen and I'm pretty baked, but I haven't had any real sunburn - is this just me being stupid, or is it fine as long as you're not burning yourself?

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

38 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but I think I'm a little naive when it comes to sun exposure. I've been going all summer without sunscreen and I'm pretty baked, but I haven't had any real sunburn - is this just me being stupid, or is it fine as long as you're not burning yourself?

I havent been using sunscreen for 30 years. My skin till now has no problem like real sunburn or anything. But I feel my skin is getting little tired and gloomy after exposed to sun lately

The supplement Astaxanthin offers some sunscreen properties when eaten. Although you will also want some cream in addition to that.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I wear Australian Gold Botanical SPF50. It uses zinc oxide and titanium dioxide filters. Also claims to be hypoallergenic, sulphate-free, dye-free, gluten-free, cruelty-free and reef-friendly. 

The tint works great on my skin, it doesn't look like fake tan, but stops you from looking like a pasty ghost which most sunscreens do.

https://australiangold.co.uk/collections/best-sellers/products/botanical-spf-50-tinted-face-lotion

@Craigxt22  How do you find this brand? Every other "natural" sunscreen where I've combed through the ingredients list (which tends to be "hippie" type brands) that I've tried so far feels greasy AF. (I.e. Green Beaver, Badger, Goddess Garden)

It's like spreading mayo on your face and then just letting it sit there, waiting for it to absorb. It makes me quite sad, actually.

On 8/19/2022 at 8:10 AM, eos_nyxia said:

@Craigxt22  How do you find this brand? Every other "natural" sunscreen where I've combed through the ingredients list (which tends to be "hippie" type brands) that I've tried so far feels greasy AF. (I.e. Green Beaver, Badger, Goddess Garden)

It's like spreading mayo on your face and then just letting it sit there, waiting for it to absorb. It makes me quite sad, actually.

It works great on my skin. I am very pale, and use  the one with least tint, it doesn't look greasy or oily. With the new formula, no one can tell I have anything on my face, and it has protected me on hot days. 

When you apply in the morning,  make sure your face is completely dry or it will leave a streaky mess on your face, and it will look noticeable.

There's a lot of reviews on YouTube.

Banana Boat Sensitive 100% Mineral Face Lotion SPF 50+

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson