Harikrishnan

Sunscreen Suggestions

13 posts in this topic

I am in lookout for a good sunscreen without much harmful chemicals. Have been searching it for a while and could not find any good ones. Have u guys got any suggestion and also what all to look out for in a good sunscreen? 


I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use the Aveeno Sensitive Skin SPF 50 zinc oxide one. There aren't many like this but they're out there if you search mineral sunscreen or zinc oxide. (Titanium Dioxide is the other mineral one). 

The idea is to get as much coverage as possible but is something you'll actually use/not react negative against (eg, some folks with darker skins don't like mineral sunscreen because of the white cast). And also taking environmental considerations into account.

active-ingredient.jpg

Edited by puporing

You are the Light, we are One. Truth is Love. Truth is Beauty. Every frame is a painting. ❣ Nothing but Love.

         ┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . Shining Ray ♪ Love is Here ♫┆彡

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, puporing said:

I use the Aveeno Sensitive Skin SPF 50 zinc oxide one. There aren't many like this but they're out there if you search mineral sunscreen or zinc oxide. (Titanium Dioxide is the other mineral one). 

The idea is to get as much coverage as possible but is something you'll actually use/not react negative against (eg, some folks with darker skins don't like mineral sunscreen because of the white cast). And also taking environmental considerations into account.

active-ingredient.jpg

Thank you, I will check it out. Mine is indian brown skin. So white cast is another issue. Anyway I will check it out.


I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would even consider getting a regular one if you can't find a more "natural" product. The risk of getting sunburn consistently trumps any risk from those chemicals, whatever they may be. 

I would always rather apply a common commercial cream than not apply anything and get burned or even mildly reddened skin. 

That or dress up when exposed to sun after 1 pm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mineral sunscreen (zinc oxide/titanium) > chemical sunscreen solutions (which are most)
I personally love La Roche Posay Anthelios, although it's a quiet expensive product.

Edited by undeather

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"If your non-dual teaching has no place for duality than you really just have a dualistic teaching.”
- A.H Almaas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but I think I'm a little naive when it comes to sun exposure. I've been going all summer without sunscreen and I'm pretty baked, but I haven't had any real sunburn - is this just me being stupid, or is it fine as long as you're not burning yourself?


"Behold, I teach you the Übermensch. The Übermensch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the Übermensch shall be the meaning of the earth!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but I think I'm a little naive when it comes to sun exposure. I've been going all summer without sunscreen and I'm pretty baked, but I haven't had any real sunburn - is this just me being stupid, or is it fine as long as you're not burning yourself?

I havent been using sunscreen for 30 years. My skin till now has no problem like real sunburn or anything. But I feel my skin is getting little tired and gloomy after exposed to sun lately

 


I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The supplement Astaxanthin offers some sunscreen properties when eaten. Although you will also want some cream in addition to that.


You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wear Australian Gold Botanical SPF50. It uses zinc oxide and titanium dioxide filters. Also claims to be hypoallergenic, sulphate-free, dye-free, gluten-free, cruelty-free and reef-friendly. 

 

The tint works great on my skin, it doesn't look like fake tan, but stops you from looking like a pasty ghost which most sunscreens do.

 

https://australiangold.co.uk/collections/best-sellers/products/botanical-spf-50-tinted-face-lotion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Craigxt22  How do you find this brand? Every other "natural" sunscreen where I've combed through the ingredients list (which tends to be "hippie" type brands) that I've tried so far feels greasy AF. (I.e. Green Beaver, Badger, Goddess Garden)

It's like spreading mayo on your face and then just letting it sit there, waiting for it to absorb. It makes me quite sad, actually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/19/2022 at 8:10 AM, eos_nyxia said:

@Craigxt22  How do you find this brand? Every other "natural" sunscreen where I've combed through the ingredients list (which tends to be "hippie" type brands) that I've tried so far feels greasy AF. (I.e. Green Beaver, Badger, Goddess Garden)

It's like spreading mayo on your face and then just letting it sit there, waiting for it to absorb. It makes me quite sad, actually.

It works great on my skin. I am very pale, and use  the one with least tint, it doesn't look greasy or oily. With the new formula, no one can tell I have anything on my face, and it has protected me on hot days. 

 

When you apply in the morning,  make sure your face is completely dry or it will leave a streaky mess on your face, and it will look noticeable.

 

There's a lot of reviews on YouTube.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Banana Boat Sensitive 100% Mineral Face Lotion SPF 50+


♡✸♡.

 Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now