Matt23

Help me choose a business name

Name for a mindfulness coaching business   27 members have voted

1. 1. Which ones do you like most. Also, "mindfulness" and "Meditation" will be used synonymously (I could use either one). Or add any other names you think you like. Cheers!

• Monktified Mindfulness
    • Crazy Buddha Meditation
    • At Home Monastery
    • Open-In Meditation
    • Born to Buddha Meditation
    • Naturally Mindful
    • Free Lotus Meditation
    • Crazy Monkey Mindfulness
    • Lightning Rod Meditations
    • Mycelia Meditations
    • Urban Monastic
    • Blue Lotus Mindfulness

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

21 posts in this topic

For a miindfulness coaching businsess.

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

Keep It Mindful 

Glass half mindful

Mind full of nothing

Will get your mindful

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

4 hours ago, integral said:

Mind full of nothing

Lolz

Urban Monastic is a winner for me. Sounds trendy, modern and inviting. It is easy to pronounce, and easy to remember and I would be ok recommending a place bearing such a name to others. 

Like, if I am a busy guy stressed the f.. out  because I have a demanding corporate 9-5 job, and I am looking for some time to cool down, Urban Monastic sounds like the place to be. 

I also like the "Monktified MIndfulness" it almost sounds like Monkyfied (monkey rather than monk). Somehow that word "Monkified/Monkyfied" sounds attractive to me as a standalone without the "mindfulness" component which seems a bit overused. Not taking any copyright, it is yours to claim :D 

Urban Monastic also sounds kinda hipster (more stage green, because stage turquoise may be a bit scary to stage orange folks who are just exploring this topic) and so I am not worried of being judged and looked down upon as a "corporate materialist" when I go there because I will assume most of the people in there are similar to me. 

Just like when you got a yoga session at the gym rather than at the Yoga centre. Chances are many guys are pretty stiff and kinda awkward compared to going some Temple Zen Yoga for hardcore yogis and meditators. 

It always comes down to "who is your client". If they are turquoise people from this forum, then a different name fits better. If your clients are more stage Orange / Stage Green folks, the name fits perfectly. It can also be a mix. In the end, most people don't care about the name as much as the story they are telling themselves. 

Congrats on figuring your THING out!! Glad to see you making progress on that 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Urban monastic seems perfect. 

This may or may not be a deal breaker for you but I would consider the possibility that words like Buddha might be looked at negatively by certain stage blue individuals that might be open to trying meditation out otherwise. For instance, schools in my state can have yoga programs but only if they call them "stretching class" and not yoga class. The term yoga is apparently too triggering to a large amount of people. Sad but true.

And kudos to you for doing something like this! Mindfulness can be so healing and the world is in serious need of healers.?

Edited by Adodd

@Michael569 Cheers man!

@Adodd Fair.  

Thanks for the tips and feedback

MindfulOfNothing is really good.

Nevermind might also be good.

Mindly

Mindless

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 8/16/2022 at 1:53 AM, Matt23 said:

Lolz

I vote this one!!!! Mind Full of Nothing!!!

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

Naturally Mindful gets the point across, Urban Monastics sounds more unique. If it's more of a local an in-person coaching program, I'd go with the first since it communicates your business idea more clearly, but if it's an online coaching program I'd go with the latter since it's more of a unique name which can be important to set yourself apart from other online businesses. Though I have to say that, as a non-native English speaker, I wouldn't be able to tell what Urban Monastics is trying to communicate immediately, while Naturally Mindful is quiet obvious and would get my interest more easily. The problem is that Urban Monastics could refer to a lot of things that don't have to do with mindfulness meditation (which could be good if you plan on expanding your business eventually), like for example a shop that sells Buddhist utensils, an actual monastery within a city and whatever else. I feel like you don't want to be too ambiguous about what you're offering with your service.

Edited by DefinitelyNotARobot

beep boop

On 8/17/2022 at 11:02 AM, Leo Gura said:

Mindly

I like this.  

Ok folks... so far it's between...

1. Urban MOnastic

2. Naturally Mindful 

3. Mindly

4. Urban Mindfulness

Feel free to let me know what you think.

Thanks again for the help.

Edited by Matt23

I went for "Urban Mindfulness".  

Though I think Urban Monastic sounds better and more "catchy" and more sleek, I think those that mentioned the importance of incorporating "mindfulness" to indicate what the business is about had a point.  So I smashed the two together and voila; Urban Mindfulness.

It'll do for now. 

Definitely want to use Urban Monastic at some point, maybe when I develop a more expansive organization or something.

Cheers

1 hour ago, Kshantivadin said:

Mindly

If I invent a mindfulness app, this is what it will be called.

On 8/16/2022 at 7:23 AM, integral said:

Keep It Mindful 

Glass half mindful

Mind full of nothing

Will get your mindful

You're full of mindful. :D

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

QUICK TIP: I have struggled a lot with a name for my business. If I'd name my business again I'd first make a logo, then the name.. simple as that, because if the logo looks cool name will also sound cool. :D 

Mindseed 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

What about Zentered?

Replace cen in related words with zen

Edited by UnbornTao