Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Questioner

There is zero evidence the world is imaginary

33 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Questioner

Why are you begging us to provide proof to you that reality is imaginary? Why can't you validate it yourself?

I'm trying to understand why people think the world is imaginary. The point is you can't prove it potentially because it's untrue.

13 minutes ago, Questioner said:
16 minutes ago, Questioner said:

What precisely do you mean when you say boundaries are only apparent?

What's the difference in your mind between a real and imaginary thing?

real is absolute existence. imaginary, the things that seem to arise in it and relate to each other

How do you know that it can be proven? That's an assumption. You assume that just because something is true it must be provable. You also project your limited understanding of the word "imagination" onto what people are claiming and think that because your understanding of imagination doesn't correlate with their claims, that THEY are the ones who're wrong. Another assumption. I'm going to keep annoying you by telling you to stop with these assumptions. You're playing a childish game. You shouldn't be concerned with God and imagination and all of that kind of stuff. You should be concerned with YOURSELF. Stop running away from yourself. That's what you're doing. Sit down and question YOUR OWN assumptions and YOUR minds ability to apply skepticism in an unbiased manner and stop that nonsense of trying to debunk these claims. If people are wrong just move on with your life. If, one day, you realize that they're right then that'll be it. If you don't you don't. You're not going anywhere right now. I'll just leave you with this:

Scholar Tokusan--who was full of knowledge and opinions about the dharma--came to Ryutan and asked about Zen. At one point Ryutan re-filled his guest's teacup but did not stop pouring when the cup was full. Tea spilled out and ran over the table. "Stop! The cup is full!" said Tokusan.

"Exactly," said Master Ryutan. "You are like this cup; you are full of ideas. You come and ask for teaching, but your cup is full; I can't put anything in. Before I can teach you, you'll have to empty your cup."

If you are SERIOUS about wanting to know if what people are saying is true (which it doesn't seem like at all, you seem more concerned about debunking people), then stop asking these pseudo skeptical questions. There is a very simple first step to this process, which you still seem to struggle with. It's to look at YOURSELF and YOUR assumptions and YOUR beliefs and YOUR ideas. YOU, YOU, YOU. Not anyone else. If you start to deconstruct YOUR own ideas eventually you will have room for deeper experiences. But if you're just trying to arrive at the point you're already at, by debunking claims that don't fit into your cute little world view, then you're literally just going in circles. I'm literally just trying to help you break out of thaf loop you're in. So please just accept the POSSIBILITY that there is something you don't see, something which can't be put into words and something you can only find out for yourself. That's ALL I'm asking you to do. I'm not asking you to belief in God or reality being imaginary. I'm LITERALLY just asking you to accept the mere POSSIBILITY of there being more to this. Just by accepting it (truly accepting it, not just saying that you accept it), you'll save yourself and everyone else in here so much time.

beep boop

21 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

real is absolute existence. imaginary, the things that seem to arise in it and relate to each other

Do things seem to arise or do they actually arise and why?

Edited by Questioner

21 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

How do you know that it can be proven? That's an assumption. You assume that just because something is true it must be provable. You also project your limited understanding of the word "imagination" onto what people are claiming and think that because your understanding of imagination doesn't correlate with their claims, that THEY are the ones who're wrong. Another assumption. I'm going to keep annoying you by telling you to stop with these assumptions. You're playing a childish game. You shouldn't be concerned with God and imagination and all of that kind of stuff. You should be concerned with YOURSELF. Stop running away from yourself. That's what you're doing. Sit down and question YOUR OWN assumptions and YOUR minds ability to apply skepticism in an unbiased manner and stop that nonsense of trying to debunk these claims. If people are wrong just move on with your life. If, one day, you realize that they're right then that'll be it. If you don't you don't. You're not going anywhere right now. I'll just leave you with this:

If you are SERIOUS about wanting to know if what people are saying is true (which it doesn't seem like at all, you seem more concerned about debunking people), then stop asking these pseudo skeptical questions. There is a very simple first step to this process, which you still seem to struggle with. It's to look at YOURSELF and YOUR assumptions and YOUR beliefs and YOUR ideas. YOU, YOU, YOU. Not anyone else. If you start to deconstruct YOUR own ideas eventually you will have room for deeper experiences. But if you're just trying to arrive at the point you're already at, by debunking claims that don't fit into your cute little world view, then you're literally just going in circles. I'm literally just trying to help you break out of thaf loop you're in. So please just accept the POSSIBILITY that there is something you don't see, something which can't be put into words and something you can only find out for yourself. That's ALL I'm asking you to do. I'm not asking you to belief in God or reality being imaginary. I'm LITERALLY just asking you to accept the mere POSSIBILITY of there being more to this. Just by accepting it (truly accepting it, not just saying that you accept it), you'll save yourself and everyone else in here so much time.

I accept that the world could be imaginary now I'm asking for some sort of explanation/justification from all the people that claim it is otherwise all these claims on here are junk.

Edited by Questioner

@Questioner what's the difference between your night time dreams and this waking experience that you are experiencing right now? 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

2 minutes ago, Questioner said:

Do things seem to arise or do they actually arise and why?

Seems because all are just shapes. Why, i don't know. Maybe just because it's possible. 

3 hours ago, Questioner said:

Which dream did you wake up from?

Study quantum mechanics and listen to Leo's series on it debunking Materialism.  But ultimately you will need to become a mystic.   Quantum mechanics shows you it, the problem is that scientists today don't want to look at the ramifications of the work of guys like Bohr, Einstein, and others.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

32 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Questioner what's the difference between your night time dreams and this waking experience that you are experiencing right now? 

Theoretically dreams have no basis in sensory input whereas the waking state does. More critically the possibility that I am interacting with unconscious dream characters in dreams as opposed to conscious beings like myself right now.

35 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Seems because all are just shapes. Why, i don't know. Maybe just because it's possible. 

One reason things arise is because I create the things I see (such as this post).

18 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Study quantum mechanics and listen to Leo's series on it debunking Materialism.  But ultimately you will need to become a mystic.   Quantum mechanics shows you it, the problem is that scientists today don't want to look at the ramifications of the work of guys like Bohr, Einstein, and others.

You didn't answer the question about which dream you supposedly awoken from? The one you had last night or a different one?

@Questioner Okay, that's fair. That's one thing you're questioning. The difficulty is now that there are other things you're not questioning. Just think of all the questions you are NOT asking. There is potentially an infinite amount of unknown questions out there. Could you see how this might be a huge blindspot, since you can only ask so and so many of those questions within your lifetime? What if NONE of the answers you'll get here will ever satisfy you, because the satisfaction you're looking for has to go deeper than language and symbols? What if the method you're using is inferior to other methods? Not saying that it is, just throwing out an "if". You still have a few unspoken assumptions and habits that fill your cup. That's fine, it is what it is. Just become aware of the fact that, PERHAPS, you're asking the "wrong" questions. Or perhabs asking questions at all is pointless. These are just a few possibilities. But I think THAT is what you need right now.

You don't need good clear cut answers. That's not what I want to give you. You need to open yourself up to all the possibilities. You have to open yourself up to just not know. Could you accept that you don't even know if you can find the answers you're looking for? You're still fighting it to a certain extent. You also seem somewhat unaware of the limits of your methodology. Mostly I'd advice you to dial it back on all the "advanced" stuff that's kind of out there and start with something a little more foundational such as epistemology. I think you could get further if you put your energy into other endeavors.

Edited by DefinitelyNotARobot

beep boop

Don't waste your and our time with this nonsense.

Go do the work, or go do something else.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.