Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RMQualtrough

"I think therefore I am"

7 posts in this topic

The existence of a thought has never shown the existence of an I, or the necessity that there must be a thinker thinking those thoughts.

Reality continues without any you. Most people outside of this forum believe the material world and universe continues without them. Why can there not be thoughts in absence of any I or you? Thoughts continue without you as much as the stars do. But of course you never existed anyway, just another fiction, and that fiction is why you think you will end. But only the illusion that there ever was a you can end.

That is the final illusion, the illusion that you exist. When that illusion goes away, you are dead. The body surviving to tell about it afterwards (e.g. see Leo) is unrelated to that.

Edited by RMQualtrough

Totally,  there isn't anyone there now making continuation an impossibility because nothing actually ever started!

It's a ridiculous setup....?

❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Still it's the only and best show in town!!

What to do about nothing?

❤ 

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

The fundamental flaw in descartes cogito is his hidden assumption that thought precedes being...

From the ego's point of view, it can be seen as valid, "since I think I must exists"

But reality is really more like "I am therefore I can think.. among many other things"

For some reason, I'm imagining descartes jaw dropping after having a sunya experience... "if all thought has stopped, why is the I am still here!" 

Descartes of course was aware that if his thoughts stopped, he would still be existing. When he said I think therefore I am, he didn't point to the fact that he was thinking, he pointed out to the fact that he was the one who was thinking, and so the emphasis is not on thinking, the emphasis is on him being the one who is thinking and therefore he is. He was aware at that point that he cannot be trusting even his own thinking, he says that all his thinkings might be wrong, except the fact that thinking was happening. 

8 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

Totally,  there isn't anyone there now making continuation an impossibility because nothing actually ever started!

It's a ridiculous setup....?

❤ 

I'm not there?:|

Check out from 22:00 - 26:00

❤