Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Holygrail

We dont have free will.

5 posts in this topic

i just realized that thoughts arent coming from us, because thoughts enter our consciousness from out of nowhere, we didnt choose them to enter us. And when we have another thought to think about the previous thought that entered, that new thought also came before it entered our consciousness. our egos are not really ours, its the universe trying to make sense of itself.

Edited by Holygrail

You are an infinitely deep tube. Your will to think or do certain things is from this tube, which is undeniably you. Your ego has zero free will. You as God have absolute total will and sovereignty over your actions and thoughts. Yes, your thoughts are you, just not your ego. They arise from your unconscious mind.

How do you gain control over your will? You need to develop your conciousness. You need to develop your eye-conciousness, your neck-conciousness, your left forearm-conciousness, your left testicle-conciousness. 

When you recognize all bodily sensations as pure conciousness and absolute truth, you will have a level of will and control that you thought was super natural. Others will look to you as a living God. Here's the catch though, you can only do that by surrendering your entire life to God and Truth. 

Edited by TheOneReborn

8 minutes ago, TheOneReborn said:

You are an infinitely deep tube. Your will to think or do certain things is from this tube, which is undeniably you. Your ego has zero free will. You as God have absolute total will and sovereignty over your actions and thoughts. Yes, your thoughts are you, just not your ego. They arise from your unconscious mind.

How do you gain control over your will? You need to develop your conciousness. You need to develop your eye-conciousness, your neck-conciousness, your left forearm-conciousness, your left testicle-conciousness. 

When you recognize all bodily sensations as pure conciousness and absolute truth, you will have a level of will and control that you thought was super natural. Others will look to you as a living God. Here's the catch though, you can only do that by surrendering your entire life to God and Truth. 

Well written brother.Love &Light.

I find it useful to distinguish beetween Free Will and Will.

Free Will I would define as total freedom to choose any one out of infinite possiblities. This is obviously false within the context of this finite dream.

But Will is a much more subtle notion. I would define it as consciousness' intrinsic capacity to influence the unfolding of the dream. This capacity has levels and it's in direct proportion to it's wakefulness. The more awake, the more conscious control.

What you are debunking here is your own idea about how Will works, and it's loaded with many assumptions. 

Will does not depend upon the existance of an individual self. 

Will has nothing to do with your capacity to guess your future thoughts.

And it's not some gross mechanical process in which you are somehow displayed many options out of which you pick one. It's way more direct and magical than that. Realizing Will is more of a mystical experience than an intellectual exercise. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Of course haha.

Choice is sheer ego. Something arises and it claims ownership "that is MY thought". "I am the one who chose that I want coffee". It's a fiction added onto the unfolding of reality. Like the idea a living being exists at all.