thisintegrated

CIA Spy on MBTI

82 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, Yali said:

This is flat out wrong.

Duality is based off sharing the same functions but in opposite order. 

I don't know who you're getting your knowledge from but I would recommend Typevolution on YouTube.

@thisintegrated

You're right.  But it's still based on the idea that opposites attract.

As an ENTP, ISFJs seem like one of the least attractive personality types out there.  Zero compatibility.

The exact opposite of ENTP would be ESFP, yet I like them a lot more than ISFJs.

Socionics' predictions are worse than chance.

I don't think you can decide someone's attractiveness based off of their MBTIs. That sounds ridiculous to me, because it's pigeonholing people and boxing people when there are so many facets to a person's personality than just their MBTI. 

You could be attracted to anyone regardless of their MBTI. 

You're too fixated on this label 

Edited by Tyler Robinson

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

4 hours ago, Yali said:

Duality is based off sharing the same functions but in opposite order. 

I don't know who you're getting your knowledge 

@thisintegrated@Yali I think he is getting it from CS Joseph ,coz all those concepts i.e opposite functions compatibility ,comaraderie ,attraction ..love ,respect mature masculine feminine,4sides of mind ,interaction styles etc..and all the mess jumbled up are coming from CS Joseph . Csj took it from John Beebe & Linda Berens, Darío Nardi and some bit of socionics but he didn't agree with similar cognitive functions intertype compatibilities so he introduced his own theory of  compatibility for ex: Entp-intj, Isfp-esfj , enfp-infj, Intp-entj etc.. (the introverted-extroverted dials  are just flipped) 

I don't know I'm just making a guess whether he is getting it from Csj

@thisintegrated Are you getting it from CS Joseph cult? (Coz he admitted he is running a cult)

Edited by flyingguitarist

Human life consists of infinite amount of factors, but the amount of factors that are relevant to ‘’ordinary life’’ and the common sense of personality is pretty limited. That’s what those tests assume as well.

If you live (or forcefully try to live) very unordinary life where you are detached from basic life factors, such as money, relationships, work, etc., then those tests might not serve you very well. But if you proactively operate in the ordinary realm, then those test can give you great insight, because they seem to include those factors in their theory quite well. CIA might not use that model to find out what a monk meditating in Himalayas is up to, because he is out of the reach of fundamentals of ''ordinary life'', whereas a common citizen is not.

MBTI doesn’t go super deep, but it goes deep enough and include nuance enough to guide you with the fundamentals of your life. If you are wise enough to see its limits, I think it serves you really well, no matter what personality type you are. If you try to use it to make sense of everything that’s going on inside your head, you’ll just end up hitting your head against a wall.

For example, the model shines light to some personal development concepts and ideas Leo talks about. It gives perspective to why having a life purpose is hard for some while it's easier and even a no-brainer to others. Or how it’s easier for some to not give a fuck what others think of you, while the idea of that seems impossible to others. It never gives you the whole truth, but it might give enough for you to live more authentic life and deal with many challenges on the way.

22 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

The MBTI test sucks, so you're implying that all personality tests suck.

Man how are you a mod on this forum? I literally say exactly what I say: self assessment is flawed. So all self assessment tests are flawed to different degrees. Please can we stop speaking to each other, and I'd appreciate in the future you don't respond to any of my posts, your discourse style is way far removed from how I like to engage with people

13 hours ago, flyingguitarist said:

@thisintegrated@Yali I think he is getting it from CS Joseph ,coz all those concepts i.e opposite functions compatibility ,comaraderie ,attraction ..love ,respect mature masculine feminine,4sides of mind ,interaction styles etc..and all the mess jumbled up are coming from CS Joseph . Csj took it from John Beebe & Linda Berens, Darío Nardi and some bit of socionics but he didn't agree with similar cognitive functions intertype compatibilities so he introduced his own theory of  compatibility for ex: Entp-intj, Isfp-esfj , enfp-infj, Intp-entj etc.. (the introverted-extroverted dials  are just flipped) 

@thisintegrated Are you getting it from CS Joseph cult? (Coz he admitted he is running a cult)

Berens beebe david keirsey et al are the most accurate depictions of the pysche.

In terms of compatibility it really isn't hard, your shadow type is your top match. Your literal 'other half' that 'completes you' is the half of you that you reject: your shadow.

So ENTP top match is INTJ. INTJ emobidies the positive ideal of all of the negative parts of yourself (your shadow). It's non complex, and theres like 3 or 4 different perspectives to reconcile it.

Obviously it's more complicated then saing ANY ENTP will match with ANY INTJ, it's just that some INTJ will be your best match, ennegram plays a big part too. It's highly complex, but at least it can help narrow your search down

@bambi

On 14.8.2022 at 10:08 PM, bambi said:

People are so stupid and ignorant when it comes to personality theory. MBTI is a test built upon Carl jungs work. Any self assessment test is going to be flawed. The test and the underlying theory are two different things. The underlying theory is as valid as particle physics. The test is as flawed as any self assessment test

^If this was not intended as a way to defend MBTI against the fact that its standardized measurements are subpar compared to other theories, then that was a very unfortunate way to word yourself when considering the context of the OP posting this video as a part of a string of defenses for MBTI. If you were indeed missing that context, then that can explain the disconnect we're having.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

My best friend has been a long time MBTI advocate & guru, boasting fans on personality database, editing wikipedias, and always quick to bring up IDRLabs.

Recently he basically burned the entire model and really no longer associates with it. In my estimation, this is the inevitable conclusion of hard truth-seekers.

It's Love.

On another note "CIA Spy on MBTI" is super catchy to say out loud.

14 minutes ago, RendHeaven said:

My best friend has been a long time MBTI advocate & guru, boasting fans on personality database, editing wikipedias, and always quick to bring up IDRLabs.

Recently he basically burned the entire model and really no longer associates with it. In my estimation, this is the inevitable conclusion of hard truth-seekers.

Did he give a particular reason why?

16 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Did he give a particular reason why?

A good dose of ego death and worldliness will make MBTI look like crayon scribbles ;)

It's Love.

12 minutes ago, RendHeaven said:

A good dose of ego death and worldliness will make MBTI look like crayon scribbles ;)

That would be spiritual bypassing, but ok.

Just now, Carl-Richard said:

That would be spiritual bypassing, but ok.

Not if you genuinely take the time to study the thing you're discarding. Don't assume that any relinquishing is automatically "bypassing."

There are healthy ways to move on.

It's Love.

Just now, RendHeaven said:

Not if you genuinely take the time to study the thing you're discarding. Don't assume that any relinquishing is automatically "bypassing."

There are healthy ways to move on.

There are reasons for specifically dismissing MBTI, but they don't have anything to do with experiences of no-mind. If anything, an experience of no-mind should make you dismiss all mind. No need to single out MBTI.

Just now, Carl-Richard said:

If anything, an experience of no-mind should make you dismiss all mind.

Yes, the friend I speak of would agree :)

1 minute ago, Carl-Richard said:

No need to single out MBTI.

Context is important. Again, this guy swore by MBTI like it was his wife. In his case, it makes sense to specifically assassinate MBTI because his own mind was putting it on a pedestal.

I would suggest that the same process is due for us, where we shouldn't expect to simply dismiss all things equally. Rather, the weight of our attachment to a specific object of thought is proportional to how fiercely that very thing must burn for the sake of the truth.

It's Love.

2 minutes ago, RendHeaven said:

Context is important. Again, this guy swore by MBTI like it was his wife. In his case, it makes sense to specifically assassinate MBTI because his own mind was putting it on a pedestal.

I would suggest that the same process is due for us, where we shouldn't expect to simply dismiss all things equally. Rather, the weight of our attachment to a specific object of thought is proportional to how fiercely that very thing must burn for the sake of the truth.

I guess I was expecting a rational reason rather than a spiritual reason.

On 8/14/2022 at 5:47 AM, Leo Gura said:

There are many useful ways to slice up personality. You can use all these models like camera filters or lenses.

To be clear, this guy still sees the relative value of MBTI, but no longer advocates for or defends it, nor does he really take it seriously. He still jokingly "types" people as a meme but he talks about it significantly less. Leo's statement above perfectly captures his current attitude.

It's Love.

16 hours ago, flyingguitarist said:

No, I'm mostly anti-CS.  I mean.. he's a crazy Christian creationist..

But he does know what he's talking about, generally, when it comes to MBTI.  He's still one of the best sources of information on this specific model, imo.  He's just got a few definitions mixed up (e.g. Ni/Ne).

20 hours ago, Tyler Robinson said:

I don't think you can decide someone's attractiveness based off of their MBTIs. That sounds ridiculous to me, because it's pigeonholing people and boxing people when there are so many facets to a person's personality than just their MBTI. 

You could be attracted to anyone regardless of their MBTI. 

You're too fixated on this label 

I'm not deciding anyone's attractiveness based on MBTI.  I'm deciding the baseline level of attraction for their type in relation to mine, which is very different.

12 hours ago, Snader said:

MBTI doesn’t go super deep, but it goes deep enough and include nuance enough to guide you with the fundamentals of your life. If you are wise enough to see its limits, I think it serves you really well, no matter what personality type you are. If you try to use it to make sense of everything that’s going on inside your head, you’ll just end up hitting your head against a wall.

For example, the model shines light to some personal development concepts and ideas Leo talks about. It gives perspective to why having a life purpose is hard for some while it's easier and even a no-brainer to others. Or how it’s easier for some to not give a fuck what others think of you, while the idea of that seems impossible to others. It never gives you the whole truth, but it might give enough for you to live more authentic life and deal with many challenges on the way.

Yep.

2 hours ago, bambi said:

Man how are you a mod on this forum?

??

2 hours ago, bambi said:

In terms of compatibility it really isn't hard, your shadow type is your top match. Your literal 'other half' that 'completes you' is the half of you that you reject: your shadow.

So ENTP top match is INTJ. INTJ emobidies the positive ideal of all of the negative parts of yourself (your shadow). It's non complex, and theres like 3 or 4 different perspectives to reconcile it.

Obviously it's more complicated then saing ANY ENTP will match with ANY INTJ, it's just that some INTJ will be your best match, ennegram plays a big part too. It's highly complex, but at least it can help narrow your search down

wtf.. someone on this forum actually understands MBTI?!??

It's like you've been reading all my my posts.

1 hour ago, RendHeaven said:

Did he happen to be going through some stage transition at the time?  E.g. Orange to Green?  Blue or Orange?

You can take MBTI as far as you want.  It doesn't stop being relevant at Turquoise, or at any point.

53 minutes ago, Loba said:

On another note "CIA Spy on MBTI" is super catchy to say out loud.

One of the rare occasions you'll see my Ni?

Ne = getting the idea to share a video.

Ni = deciding what's the best possible title.

Fe = linking with the exact timestamp for everyone's convenience.

(..in case anyone still had doubts MBTI works)

38 minutes ago, RendHeaven said:

Well.. MBTI is a model of the ego.  What do you expect?

2 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

Well.. MBTI is a model of the ego.  What do you expect?

Exactly ?

9 minutes ago, RendHeaven said:

this guy swore by MBTI like it was his wife. In his case, it makes sense to specifically assassinate MBTI because his own mind was putting it on a pedestal.

Dayum, that's quite a bit of projecting.  Tools are tools.  They aren't whatever emotionally-charged ideas you have of them.

4 minutes ago, RendHeaven said:

To be clear, this guy still sees the relative value of MBTI, but no longer advocates for or defends it, nor does he really take it seriously. He still jokingly "types" people as a meme but he talks about it significantly less. Leo's statement above perfectly captures his current attitude.

You seem to view this as progress, as an enlightened transcendence of MBTI.  But it's more like how Orange "transcends" all ideas of spirituality.  It is, indeed, progress from Blue ideas of spirituality.  However, after a while, spirituality is rediscovered in a whole new light.  This isn't a concept/pattern specific to SD.  It applies to your friend's experience with MBTI.  He will likely one day rediscover MBTI and see it in a whole new way.