Gabith

1 hour of morning routine

11 posts in this topic

For a month, I have been getting up late and hanging out in bed.
I started doing this to be more loving with myself but now I realize that I am less motivated, more lazy and often tired during the day.
Even though I get up late, I still do a morning routine that I already had in place but it's not serious enough and I even removed the meditation...

And then came to me this thought; if I really love myself, I have to stop this and dedicate myself one hour in the morning with a minimum of discipline.
In the long run it will be good for me

I thought about getting up at exactly the same time every morning and doing this: 
20 minute in the bathroom (self-care, cold shower)
20 minute meditation 
20 minute boxing

I'm still not sure if this is what I want so I'm coming here to read your opinions and maybe find something that will fit me even better.

WHAT DO YOU DO / WOULD YOU DO IF YOU HAD 1 HOUR FOR YOURSELF EACH MORNING ?

I have the whole day. It is amazing how the mind wants cheap dopamine kicks. I am experimenting for years to find a good morning routine. What kind of works is switching every couple minutes to diffent routines otherwise my brain gets stuck with one routine and has no capacity to switch to another one and specially to brainy work.

Once in a while I want a deep solution and I try 1 hour meditation. Sounds right? No it calms me down but it makes me phlegmatic. So I have to go back to the switch routine. It is always a little battle. 

My morning routine is simple 

• Wake up drink water
  • Do some sort of exercise, either run around my block or do some punching bag cardio
  • Shower/ Get ready
  • Do a mixture of 3 short concentrations practices
  • Reflect on goals 
  • Begin day

The secret to having a good morning routine is having a good nights sleep and also having a day worth preparing for. Its hard to maintain a morning routine if your not looking forward to the things you have to get done that day.  

Keep it simple.  I don't have a morning routine.  I do what I love as much as I can.  Having a structure tends to take the fun out of it for me.  I trust in my inner wisdom that if I follow what I love most in the moment, I will get what I need done.  Think of following your fun and love as like fuel for you for the rest of your day.  It isn't an activity, it is a feeling that you are after.  Emotion = energy in motion

Meditation is a lifestyle of developing a calm state of mind WHILE engaging in one’s ambitions!

Counting your breaths, chanting a mantra, and the rest of it is all ratshit and a complete waste of time. What is stopping you from meditating WHILE working on your life purpose?

4 hours ago, r0ckyreed said:

Keep it simple.  I don't have a morning routine.  I do what I love as much as I can.  Having a structure tends to take the fun out of it for me.  I trust in my inner wisdom that if I follow what I love most in the moment, I will get what I need done.  Think of following your fun and love as like fuel for you for the rest of your day.  It isn't an activity, it is a feeling that you are after.  Emotion = energy in motion

Most people who tried this way failed for many decades that is why they try to use routines. We have basically monkey brains. Monkeys are happy getting vegetables. Once they get bananas they start hating vegetables. That is why many things in life are counterintuitive. That is why it took humans 20k years to build planes. One has to fight against oneself because of the monkey brain.

I get up and walk my dog first thing in the morning. I find getting up and physically moving is a great way to create positive momentum moving forward into the day. 

The game of survival cannot be won. 

i sleep at 7 and get up at 3 so the day is won before most are getting up ... best life change ever ... i realised the night hours are utterly wasteful futile unwholesome and turned my life around ... i allow two cheat days per month for say a date or a live sporting event

1. 5 minutes reading the greatest salesman in the world with tea with 10 minutes journaling 

2. 15 minute meditation 

3. 30 minute Qigong 

then check schedule 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

If you find yourself wanting to switch things around then try journaling. It's easy to print off your own journaling prompts. Print off new promtps every month.

Dude, that's great!  I am super happy for you.  I plan on starting a morning routine next week as well and if this thread is still near the top of the line in a month I will report back on my results.  I'm trying to work on feeling better about my appearance, to care for my body a bit more and to try and ground myself in a routine.

Keep it up!  All the best.

1. 08:00 strictly: Get up (don't snooze) 
  2. Check my phone
  3. Writing (or sitting & staring if I don't feel like it) with some tea and breakfast
  4. Check my schedule/plan my day
  5. (saying to. Myself,  OK let's get this thing going) 
  6. Shower &  off to work 

Improvements:

Would like to add some meditation or good vibes intention/focus to this,  since I'm getting a bit pessimistic lately. 

Shouldn't check my phone in bed. But the occasional whatsapp message to reply to feels good (I don't use insta/fb).