Devin

Shadow Integration; Materialism

2 posts in this topic

So I think I have some shadow integration for materialism to do. I'm struggling identifying my materialistic nature or beliefs and I'm asking for thoughts and suggestions to help me with that.

I think I may have materialism to integrate because I often get critical about it when I'm observing other people. I'm pretty minimalist and joyful with just being, but I do follow materialism a bit for social purposes. I live a decent life per average American materialistic values, have some nice things and I do things that cost money sort of stuff, in a way I sometimes despise all of that and just do it for social reasons.

I think I'm pretty good at figuring myself out so it may be something other than integrating materialism as well, maybe desiring to be part of society, I know about this desire though and think I accept it fairly well. I like being accepted in society, which seems to require some materialism but I judge myself because of it. 

Definitely feels like Jungs shadow, like two different minds. I despise materialism but I also partake for social reasons and then judge myself for it. It can hurt sometimes, like pulling two different directions. I'm not accepting a part of myself for some reason, it's like thinking that being materialistic would be defeat or a trap(which saying that now makes me want to lean into it because I apparently fear it for some reason)

Thanks

Edited by Devin

Honestly all you have to do is systematically consume psychedelics methodically and explore those states of consciousness and that will deliver the answers your looking for.

Focus on the solution, not the problem