Yali

shaman Octavio drowns, kicks, shoves, yells at and insults clients during ceremony

44 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Loba said:

That's horrible, my heart goes out to his victims.  Imagine thinking you're in safe hands, that someone is going to help you get through something and you're feeling excited about learning secrets to the universe and making great leaps in your life only to have some charlatan take your life away from you?  And especially while completely high out of your mind, the terror that his victims went through and it seems like they didn't even get any justice for it - he is still practicing isn't he?

Yeah pretty sure he's still practicing. Literally a giant photo of him drowning someone right on his home page. Absolutely horrifying. https://octaviorettig.com/

Edited by thepixelmonk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

@Loba I think he still practices. 
 

5meo can be terrifying and dangerous even when you do your best to keep yourself safe… he is sort of like the early bird facilitator and much better ones are coming out of his work. 
 

I personally think his practices are wrong. The water boarding, tripping while standing up, the bullying etc… no need.

Just give them a safe place for a full release dose. It’s the most beautiful, peaceful thing once you fully surrender too it. Have a body guard if they get violent or go wild. Keep the body safe.
 

People know his methods as they are well known yet go to him. 
 

His rape allegations are not proven. 
 

let’s embrace a healthy not knowing while using our own intelligence….

Edited by Thought Art

"I would rather be wrong, than live in the shadow of your song. Now my mind is open wide, and now I'm ready to Star(t)!" - Arcade Fire "Ready to Start"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those fucking surgeons stabbing ill people with their scalpels and shit. They must be evil criminals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

Those fucking surgeons stabbing ill people with their scalpels and shit. They must be evil criminals.

That's precisely why doctors must adhere to strict ethical guidelines and regulations.

And still they get sued a lot for malpractice.


You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, Thought Art said:

@bambi chill Bambs… there’s a level of not knowing which is always healthy and like, he doesn’t know which is fine. 

I am chilled, but that post is complete bullshit, it has no place in modern human ethics, to even begin the conversation that it does is completely stupid. 

It's like engaging with a conversation about whether surgeons should be able to abuse patients there operating on, no need to join that discussion, and no need to ever speak with the morons who are arguing yes they should. 

 

Oh wait just read your other posts, your literally suggesting we should remain an open mind about not knowing the ethics or efficacy of it, lol, your insane, you'd have to be brain dead to even come close to your position, I don't mean to be rude, but did you watch the videos, hes careless and reckless as fuck, and hes straight up negligent and abusive, what isn't your brain cognizing here?

Edited by bambi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At an Octavio Rettig retreat, the chances of a horrible death or permanent physical damage are probably 10% or even lower, so what's the problem?


All paths lead to a deeper unreality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 8/15/2022 at 4:35 AM, bambi said:

hes careless and reckless as fuck, and hes straight up negligent and abusive, what isn't your brain cognizing here?

Look at the second video I sent. You can hear the poor guy crying, but instead of attending to his client’s needs, Octavio bullied him into submission. Kicking him, shoving him, yelling at him. I wouldn't be suprised if that'd left him with long-lasting trauma.  @bambi

Edited by Yali

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if you go to a facilitator, and a guy shows up with that ponytail, that tight hair, that little beard , that son-of-a-bitch drug dealer face, that clothes of scammer preacher, and that sick egomaniac attitude, you better leave immediately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

if you go to a facilitator, and a guy shows up with that ponytail, that tight hair, that little beard , that son-of-a-bitch drug dealer face, that clothes of scammer preacher, and that sick egomaniac attitude, you better leave immediately.

absolutely agree. 

If you can't smell the ego, manipulation, and pure darkness from watching a grown adult drown a completely helpless man mid psychedelic trip in the name of "healing" idk what to tell you. There is literally no reason or justification for it.

ESPECIALLY when someone is in such a vulnerable state as the psychedelic one.

Edited by VictorB02
typo

"To be free of fear is to be full of love." - Adyashanti 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

From his website:

Quote

All participants should be aware of and agree with the following conditions. Please be informed that during the Toad Medicine ceremony, Dr Octavio Rettig:

- Might pour water on a participants face or in a participants mouth to stimulate a breathing or swallowing response.

- Can administer very small electrical shocks with a toy to keep a participant from lying down during the peak of the ceremony.

- Will blow rapé up a participants nose right after the peak of the experience. This is to ground the participant and it can also help the body to purge low energies that came loose during the ceremony.

All these actions have been carefully tested and have proven their unique value as a part of the neo shamanistic rituals that Dr Rettig developed while working with the toad medicine. They have significantly increased the results and improved the wellbeing of participants during and after the ceremonies.

WHAT?! "pour water on a participants face or in a participants mouth to stimulate a breathing or swallowing response"  That literally is the opposite of what pouring water down someones throat/nose does when they are basically unconscious. Jesus this is disturbing

Edited by VictorB02

"To be free of fear is to be full of love." - Adyashanti 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VictorB02 said:

From his website:

WHAT?! "pour water on a participants face or in a participants mouth to stimulate a breathing or swallowing response"  That literally is the opposite of what pouring water down someones throat/nose does when they are basically unconscious. Jesus this is disturbing

It's like beating a child to make him study better. Sometimes it works but it's still not the way to do things imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any value to having a outrage thread?  The most important thing is that he states his procedures so that there is prior consent.  Some people actually want someone who is active and they seek him out.  There are people who like being Mormons.  All the rules would drive me crazy.  Different people have different needs.  I personally prefer female guides because they are more intuitive and let the medicine do its work without interference.  Octavio is at the other end of the spectrum.  He interferes too much for me.   


Vincit omnia Veritas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

31 minutes ago, Jodistrict said:

Is there any value to having a outrage thread?

To show how lame and unconscious these psychedelic masters are. That's one that comes to my mind :D

Edited by Salvijus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jodistrict said:

Is there any value to having a outrage thread?  The most important thing is that he states his procedures so that there is prior consent.  Some people actually want someone who is active and they seek him out.  There are people who like being Mormons.  All the rules would drive me crazy.  Different people have different needs.  I personally prefer female guides because they are more intuitive and let the medicine do its work without interference.  Octavio is at the other end of the spectrum.  He interferes too much for me.   

Do you think there is such a thing as ethics?

If there are doctors who like to piss on patients and beat them while they recklessly and negligently perform sloppy intensive surgery, this is perfectly acceptable within your ethical landscape as long as the patient paid and signed a waiver? And Im guessing this applies to any patient, whether they are old, dementia, learning disabilities etc too?

Literally more amazing for me that this Octavia even exists and people see him, is that you and others are on this forum somehow justifying this, what planet or dimension are you guys living in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bambi said:

Do you think there is such a thing as ethics?

If there are doctors who like to piss on patients and beat them while they recklessly and negligently perform sloppy intensive surgery, this is perfectly acceptable within your ethical landscape as long as the patient paid and signed a waiver? And Im guessing this applies to any patient, whether they are old, dementia, learning disabilities etc too?

Literally more amazing for me that this Octavia even exists and people see him, is that you and others are on this forum somehow justifying this, what planet or dimension are you guys living in

You are repeating information that is generated by the social media rumor mill and have no idea if it is true.   The one thing I like about Mexico is that people tend to be less judgmental and mind their own business.  If you don’t like him you can go somewhere else.  The alternative is America where everything is illegal.


Vincit omnia Veritas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Jodistrict said:

You are repeating information that is generated by the social media rumor mill and have no idea if it is true.   The one thing I like about Mexico is that people tend to be less judgmental and mind their own business.  If you don’t like him you can go somewhere else.  The alternative is America where everything is illegal.

Social media rumour mill? wtf are you talking about? There aren't rumours these are his actual practices and deaths have actually happened. And he only states part of his practice on his site now after all of the public outrage, there have been plenty of people who had no idea what they were getting into. Like bambi said, what's even more flabbergasting is that you and others are on this forum are justifying this, seriously what planet or dimension are you guys living in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Gesundheit2 said:

Those fucking surgeons stabbing ill people with their scalpels and shit. They must be evil criminals.

Wow, talk about gaslighting


"I would rather be wrong, than live in the shadow of your song. Now my mind is open wide, and now I'm ready to Star(t)!" - Arcade Fire "Ready to Start"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I should put a disclaimer on this site that if I beat you guys, it's for your own good ;)


You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I should put a disclaimer on this site that if I beat you guys, it's for your own good ;)

Why else do you think I keep pushing you to give me more warning points? ;)

8 hours ago, Thought Art said:

Wow, talk about gaslighting

How is the term "gaslighting" even remotely close to what I said?

Don't judge a book by its cover. Is that gaslighting?

Did it occur to you that your standards of compassion/ethics could be imaginary/groundless?

Have you not heard of the strict father model? Or do you only like the nurturing mommy?

Edited by Gesundheit2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/14/2022 at 4:36 PM, OBEler said:

@Thought Art we dont know because we are no 5 meo dmt shamans who cure mexican Heroin addicts. 

Let him do his Business. As long as he doesnt rape women or kill people intentionally we dont know whats right or wrong with his style. 

@Thought Art @Thought Art

I’ve met a woman who said he molested her while she was out of it on 5MEO when I lived in Tulum. It’s crazy how you can justify anything this psycho is doing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now