Devin

If you were very conscious what would a therapist diagnose you with?

37 posts in this topic

If you were very conscious, what are some of the things a therapist would diagnose you with??

Edited by Devin

I am God and I have designed the entire structure of reality, so, probably, delusions of grandeur :D

Many people seem to be having a wrong idea of what high consciousness means and what it entails. High consciousness doesn't make you look crazy nor be crazy, quite the contrary. If you're becoming crazy or being perceived as crazy, that's probably because of your low consciousness, and a wrong association in your mind that it's somehow high, cuz you fundamentally misunderstand consciousness.

High consciousness is not the same as a "drug high". The meaning of the word "high", as any other word, differs depending on context. High consciousness is not an emotional high like that of a drug. A drug will likely make you crazy, but if you actually somehow reached true high consciousness, you will be even more grounded and functional than in your sober state.

Edited by Gesundheit2

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

16 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

Many people seem to be having a wrong idea of what high consciousness means and what it entails. High consciousness doesn't make you look crazy nor be crazy, quite the contrary. If you're becoming crazy or being perceived as crazy, that's probably because of your low consciousness, and a wrong association in your mind that it's somehow high, cuz you fundamentally misunderstand consciousness.

High consciousness is not the same as a "drug high". The meaning of the word "high", as any other word, differs depending on context. High consciousness is not an emotional high like that of a drug. A drug will likely make you crazy, but if you actually somehow reached true high consciousness, you will be even more grounded and functional than in your sober state.

It was clearly a cheeky post from the op.

if-you-take-a-joke-too-seriously-youre-gonna-have-a-bad-time.jpg

A high-functioning individual.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Possibly narcissistic personality disorder

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@Gesundheit2 @Carl-Richard

Do you think the big names like Jesus, Buddha, Zen Masters, etc... were very conscious? If so, you don't think normal therapists would have thought something wrong with them with one session of knowing them? I agree if the therapist was very conscious they would think them highly functioning but most therapists aren't. If they were to ask them about their lives I think the average therapist would attribute some problems, you don't?

2 minutes ago, Devin said:

@Gesundheit2 @Carl-Richard

Do you think the big names like Jesus, Buddha, Zen Masters, etc... were very conscious? If so, you don't think normal therapists would have thought something wrong with them with one session of knowing them? I agree if the therapist was very conscious they would think them highly functioning but most therapists aren't. If they were to ask them about their lives I think the average therapist would attribute some problems, you don't?

According to the World Health Organization (WHO), mental health is “a state of well-being in which the individual realizes his or her own abilities, can cope with the normal stresses of life, can work productively and fruitfully, and is able to make a contribution to his or her community”.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4471980/

The modern approach to mental health has become a lot less moralizing/absolutist and more accepting as they stopped using terms such as "illness" and replaced it with "disorder", which is basically just a sophisticated word for weird condition that is out of the ordinary. A disordered person is a person who somehow does not work under the "natural" order of society. They're not very familiar/similar to the average "ordered" person.

So yeah, I guess it doesn't matter much whether a person is more functional or less. As long as they look strange from the mainstream perspective, they're going to be perceived and labeled as weird/disordered, especially that the general rule is dysfunction, and not hyperfunction.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

1 hour ago, Gesundheit2 said:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4471980/

The modern approach to mental health has become a lot less moralizing/absolutist and more accepting as they stopped using terms such as "illness" and replaced it with "disorder", which is basically just a sophisticated word for weird condition that is out of the ordinary. A disordered person is a person who somehow does not work under the "natural" order of society. They're not very familiar/similar to the average "ordered" person.

So yeah, I guess it doesn't matter much whether a person is more functional or less. As long as they look strange from the mainstream perspective, they're going to be perceived and labeled as weird/disordered, especially that the general rule is dysfunction, and not hyperfunction.

Yeah, sort of depends on what you consider "contributing to your society", I just don't think most therapists would see the contribution. But I don't really have a clue though.

I think this contradicts itself ("well-being")

"According to the World Health Organization (WHO), mental health is “a state of well-being in which the individual realizes his or her own abilities, can cope with the normal stresses of life, can work productively and fruitfully, and is able to make a contribution to his or her community”."

well-be·ing

/ˈˌwel ˈˌbēiNG/

noun

the state of being comfortable, healthy, or happy.

"an improvement in the patient's well-being"

Unless by mental health they mean conscious, which I don't think they do.

Some definitions of insane crack me up as well, it's definitely used completely backwards, many of the definitions are consistent with use though, but some are insane :)

in·sane

/inˈsān/

Learn to pronounce

adjective

in a state of mind which prevents normal perception, behavior, or social interaction; seriously mentally ill.

"he had gone insane"

Edited by Devin

if you were totally conscious, your mind and body would be in a kind of absolute explosion. You would be drooling, shitting yourself, and you would not be able to articulate a word. your mind would be an infinite well, and your body a kundalini driver at 10,000 w. They would sedate you to prevent your death in a few days, and they would declare you totally disabled.

On 8/12/2022 at 4:28 PM, Gesundheit2 said:

Cough......I don't know about that one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mental_health_of_Jesus#:~:text=The Gospel of Mark reports,possessed by demons%2C or insane.

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

On 8/11/2022 at 6:45 PM, Devin said:

If you were very conscious, what are some of the things a therapist would diagnose you with??

Can you elaborate?

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 hour ago, Inliytened1 said:

Can you elaborate?

Say they decide to go to a typical therapist for no mental health reason, just to get an assessment. They go 1,5,10 times, would a typical therapist diagnose them with something?

On 12/08/2022 at 5:28 PM, Gesundheit2 said:

I agree.

one day this will all be memories

2 minutes ago, kag101 said:

I agree.

Maybe it would turn out a little like this joke of mine:

A man goes running to his psychiatrist and says, “Doctor! Doctor! Please help me! My whole life is a joke…”

He who bathes in the light of Oeaohoo will never be deceived by the veil of Mâyâ. 

Helena Blavatsky, The Secret Doctrine

I can't imagine a positive response to telling a therapist that you are God and that everything is your dream, including the therapist.

I am Physically Immortal

I am also more than God :)