StarStruck

Which ghuru is closest to Leo that has written books?

21 posts in this topic

Interested to hear your answers. 

In Tate we trust

It’s interested to read Leo’s book list and then see where he got video ideas from lol

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

I think Jed Mckenna is somehow close with his kinda harsh and no bullshit approach. But still not close.

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

20 hours ago, Yarco said:

Peter Ralston

True, a lot of borrow stuff from him

In Tate we trust

@Arthogaan I don't think so...

20 hours ago, Arthogaan said:

I think Jed Mckenna is somehow close with his kinda harsh and no bullshit approach. But still not close.

I don't think so...

5 hours ago, PenguinPablo said:

@Arthogaan I don't think so...

I don't think so...

I dont also think so, Leo said he missed LOVE aspect. His awakening is therefore very limited

To topic: my mind says, Connor Murphy is closest to Leo. Hmm 

23 minutes ago, OBEler said:

Connor Murphy is closest to Leo

I am not sure Leo is going to like this comparison :P

I haven't found anyone even remotely similar to Leo, he's in another category. The only remark I would make to his teaching is pooh-poohing too much meditation and classical spiritual practices. If you seriously practice Kriya Yoga, with time, it can lead you to the same place and change your baseline level of consciousness. 

32 minutes ago, Brivido said:

I am not sure Leo is going to like this comparison :P

I haven't found anyone even remotely similar to Leo, he's in another category. The only remark I would make to his teaching is pooh-poohing too much meditation and classical spiritual practices. If you seriously practice Kriya Yoga, with time, it can lead you to the same place and change your baseline level of consciousness. 

Kriya Yoga isn't going to lead you to God level realization for most people. At that level there is no body, no time, no space, and whatever you picture will instantly manifest. So yeah that's why he puts down meditation because he is only focused on people reaching God Realization. You gotta understand context. He actually promotes meditation and other practices for spiritual growth on baseline consciousness, for God realization he is only going to promote what he believes is the fastest and most direct approach. 

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

22 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

Kriya Yoga isn't going to lead you to God level realization for most people.

I usa psychedelics and practice Kriya Yoga, while I am writing this, I am in a state of consciousness similar to a low dose of 5-meo-malt or 5-meo-dmt. 

Kriya Yoga brought me here with the help of psychedelics. I haven't done anything spectacular, I just followed the practices that were suggested in the books that Leo himself suggested on his book list and did some other research.

All I am saying is that Kriya Yoga is an actual science, that is going to change the chemistry of your body. For instance, I am pretty sure that doing kechari mudra actually helps the body to produce DMT or some other similar compound. Even if you don't do a full kechari mudra, if you start keeping your tongue on the roof of the mouth during the day, it's going to change your inner chemistry.

I can't prove it to you, but that is my personal experience. This is just to show you that the practice of Kriya Yoga is more effective that most people here think it is. 

I have been practicing Kriya Yoga only for around three years and I am not so sure that is not going to lead me to the same state of a peak of 5-meo-malt. If you read the diaries of Lahiri Mahasaya, one of the main Gurus in Kriya, he actually describe God consciousness. 

That's why I say that Leo is pooh-poohing meditation too much, he didn't take it seriously enough and got impatient. But, hey it's better this way, we got hundreds of hours of invaluable golden content available for free online, from Leo's trips.   

About 2/3 years I came across a (pirated) pdf containing the complete works (5 different tomes, written in arabic) of Mansur Al-Hallaj who was imo the most realised sufi to have ever lived.
There were 2 books in particular (although I can't remember which ones exactly, probably "dîwân" being one of them), that went to a depth that geniunly surprised me, it blows the quran out of the water by a large stretch, and it had many references to non duality, god, god consciousness, states of consciousness being the same from absolute perspective, the godhead, infinite beauty, truth, intelligence...

Some passages in "the law of One" clearly get close to Leo's highest teachings. The gems are generally found in the broad topics and not the specific mechanics of how Ra's metaphysical reality operates (that gets quite new-agy and unpure imo).

The book of Mirdad by Mikhaïl Naimy, which is very similar in both structure and content to "Thus spoke Zarathustra" would be the layman's practical philosophy/ cogntive framework for someone who wants to do the deepest personal development work without forcibly blasting himself into the absolute.

Martin Ball's writing may come really close, but I haven't personally read any of his books, but hearing how he describes things, it wouldn't be much of a stretch to mention his work here.

This is being said, no book or conceptual framework/ knowledge can prepare or point you to what Leo is teaching, even the most realized gurus seem to fail to grasp what enlightenment or god realization actually mean, it's ABSOLUTELY INFINITE (in every sense of the expression).

Another avenue of research that just came back to my mind, although I can't recommend spefic works in these categories since it's been a long since I last explored these is anything which is esoteric in nature, i.e, works on Alchemy, magick, the chakras, akashic records, wicca, clairvoyance and divination... Such works usually deal with the femenine/intuitive side of spirituality, but I would also advise not taking anything you can't directly experience for yourself too seriously, since they may become the source of much dillusion, but they still hold value if one knows where to probe and what to look for.

19 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

Jesus Christ, Ibn Arabi . They knew god as leo know

Ibn Arabi, fucking lol

In Tate we trust

18 hours ago, Brivido said:

I usa psychedelics and practice Kriya Yoga, while I am writing this, I am in a state of consciousness similar to a low dose of 5-meo-malt or 5-meo-dmt. 

Kriya Yoga brought me here with the help of psychedelics. I haven't done anything spectacular, I just followed the practices that were suggested in the books that Leo himself suggested on his book list and did some other research.

All I am saying is that Kriya Yoga is an actual science, that is going to change the chemistry of your body. For instance, I am pretty sure that doing kechari mudra actually helps the body to produce DMT or some other similar compound. Even if you don't do a full kechari mudra, if you start keeping your tongue on the roof of the mouth during the day, it's going to change your inner chemistry.

I can't prove it to you, but that is my personal experience. This is just to show you that the practice of Kriya Yoga is more effective that most people here think it is. 

I have been practicing Kriya Yoga only for around three years and I am not so sure that is not going to lead me to the same state of a peak of 5-meo-malt. If you read the diaries of Lahiri Mahasaya, one of the main Gurus in Kriya, he actually describe God consciousness. 

That's why I say that Leo is pooh-poohing meditation too much, he didn't take it seriously enough and got impatient. But, hey it's better this way, we got hundreds of hours of invaluable golden content available for free online, from Leo's trips.   

Is kechari mudra necessary? That exercise I don’t like and that is withholding me from doing it. What are the necessary daily practices of Kriya yoga?

In Tate we trust

21 hours ago, Brivido said:

I think the problem is that as Razard86 said, it is not going to lead you to God Realization for most people, but to some lower level of awakening.

How many people out of a million are Lahiri Mahasaya, have innate spiritual talent, and can actually dedicate their life to practicing a specific technique (and pick one that is uncorrupt and works from all of the techniques)? Probably not many.

That doesn't mean they can never lead to God Realization, but the success rate is very low, otherwise there would be far more God Realized people.

As a side note I used to believe that meditation/yoga can never reach the same states as psychedelics too, until during one very high dose trip I became conscious of a meditation/yoga practice that was incredibly profound, deep, and would actually lead to God Realization level awakenings (I was fully conscious of this at the time), that does not actually exist at the moment because nobody has ever practiced it specifically, but after the trip I lost this knowledge and have been unable to actualize it at all. Due to this I think the potential of yoga/meditation has not reached its fullest potential and could actually potentially evolve methods to reliably produce God Realization.

I am Physically Immortal

I am also more than God :)

15 hours ago, StarStruck said:

Is kechari mudra necessary? That exercise I don’t like and that is withholding me from doing it. What are the necessary daily practices of Kriya yoga?

In my experience, kechari mudra is one of the most important practices in Kriya. The simple action of stretching the frenulum is going to help your spiritual evolution, by releasing stored up energy and awakening specific parts of the brain.

I can't even do kechari mudra fully, I can barely touch the uvula with my tongue, so I can't even imagine what will happen when it goes back the uvola. Once the tongue is in the nasopharyngeal tract it can stimulate the pituitary gland and stimulate the production of hormones, which I suspect are similar to DMT. Even at the stage that I am, it seems to be so.

So yes, I highly suggest you to start doing practices to achieve kechari mudra.   

11 hours ago, amanen said:

I think the problem is that as Razard86 said, it is not going to lead you to God Realization for most people, but to some lower level of awakening.

How many people out of a million are Lahiri Mahasaya, have innate spiritual talent, and can actually dedicate their life to practicing a specific technique (and pick one that is uncorrupt and works from all of the techniques)? Probably not many.

That doesn't mean they can never lead to God Realization, but the success rate is very low, otherwise there would be far more God Realized people.

Your comment shows exactly what I am trying to say. The knowledge that most people have on this forum of Kriya Yoga is superficial. 

Kriya Yoga is a science, every practice in the Kriya Yoga routine is meant to achieve a specific purpose to awaken your nervous system. The real goal of Kriya Yoga is to permanently change the chemistry of your body and brain.

It has nothing to do with spiritual talent, if you do the practices long enough, your inner chemistry is going to change and your body is going to produce different hormones which are going to alter your state of consciousness. The only way Kriya Yoga can fail, is if you don't do it. 

Psychedelics change your state of consciousness mechanically, Kriya Yoga changes your state of consciousness manually. I do both.