Someone here

Insight about death

26 posts in this topic

Since reality is imaginary (everything is your imagnitive mind's product. I can't really explain this here ..I did it before in previous threads of mine )Then whatever you imagine becomes real for you .

So if you imagine and firmly believe that after death you will go to hell ..you will. And if you imagine that after death you go to a paradise..you will. And if you imagine and believe that after death you will reincarnate as a new human being (or an animal)..you will. And if you imagine and believe that after death its just pure nothingness forever..then that's what's gonna happen.

So take responsibility for what you are imagining/believing . "Be careful what you wish for " as they say . 

I can't really explain how I came to this conclusion..if you understand that the entire universe is something you are imagining (just like how you imagine the universe in your dreams ) then you are creating whatever experience you are having .

So ,you die every night when you fall asleep and then you imagine a dream world .or sometimes you don't dream at all and it's pitch black .  Well..that's the case with physical death as well..you imagine what comes next . This is why it's important to explore your subconscious mind and purfiy it. Because it created reality .you need to align the subconscious mind with the conscious mind to work together in harmony to create the next dream.

Now I can't deny it ..this is somewhat speculative perspective of mine. So take it with a grain of salt and validate for yourself in your own direct experience and awakening work.

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

@Someone here . Very interesting theory..How did you come to this conclusion? Is it something you experienced through phsycadelics/spiritual experience?

5 minutes ago, UpperMaster said:

@Someone here . Very interesting theory..How did you come to this conclusion? Is it something you experienced through phsycadelics/spiritual experience?

No not through psychedelics. Through my sober awakenings which usuallycome from deep contemplating and smoking lol, I can never picture the exact reality that comes after death but I know its gonna be whatever I imagine it to be .

what you believe, must be real. At least until it gets replaced by the truth.

Maybe an example would help:

When I was about seven years old, I was out in my neighborhood around dusk. I happened to look at the roof of a house and I saw a rat run across the top of the roof. It climbed to the other side and a second later, a bat flew up from that spot. I asked an adult standing near me, “Do rats turn into bats?” He told me “Yes!” For the next ten or so years I honestly believed this to be true. It was part of my reality. And I just assumed that everybody agreed that it was true. The subject never came up.

One day I had a flashback of that moment. I suddenly realized that that adult had lied to me. My reality got replaced by the truth. I was set free from the lie.

-Osho

There is no next, no after. Time is a construct that your ego mind is holding within it. Your egoic imagination will not determine any so called ‘after life’ activity. Because that will be obliterated. What you will be imagining in that seeming ‘then’ will be right now, in this very moment, the one and only moment that has never moved forward in time. The one timeless moment. And it won’t be affected by a finite @Someone here limited imagination. You as infinite consciousness will just limit yourself again to a new, or you could say different form of limited mind until that expands and awakens to itself again back to the exact same place of no place, time of no time. Hence never having even moved or zipped through time in the first place, just limiting and tricking itself into believe such. Expand contract, expand contract, forever and ever, for eternity

The ego never controls reality. God is always in control and only the god mind can imagine new realities.

This is not an "insight". More like imaginative musings of a mind.

Did you also do that before this life? Did you go to a void where you got to choose your next life? If not I don't see it happening afterwards.

One time I smoked DMT while very high on cannabis (I don't touch cannabis, ever, and smoked a fair bit of oil). Well I did not even know that this life had ever happened. I mean genuinely, absolutely, I did not have any knowledge of this life AT ALL. Not what a human is, not what my life is, not who I was... I was just flying through a kind of dim tunnel...

Well, after a little bit of that, elf-like creatures began to open hatches in the tunnel. Through the hatches were glimpses of my bedroom. At first I did not recognize what it was I was seeing, but after flying a bit further down the tunnel, as the elves continued to pop open hatches, I eventually remembered it is my bedroom, I remembered what a human is, I remembered my name, etc, I mean I came down from the trip so it all came back to me...

So I always imagine that any switcheroo from death here to "another life", will be like that if anything. Just like this never happened.

3 hours ago, Dazgwny said:

There is no next, no after. Time is a construct that your ego mind is holding within it. Your egoic imagination will not determine any so called ‘after life’ activity. Because that will be obliterated. What you will be imagining in that seeming ‘then’ will be right now, in this very moment, the one and only moment that has never moved forward in time. The one timeless moment. And it won’t be affected by a finite @Someone here limited imagination. You as infinite consciousness will just limit yourself again to a new, or you could say different form of limited mind until that expands and awakens to itself again back to the exact same place of no place, time of no time. Hence never having even moved or zipped through time in the first place, just limiting and tricking itself into believe such. Expand contract, expand contract, forever and ever, for eternity

What eternal unmoving moment you are talking  about ? Are you living in the same reality as us ? Everything is constantly changing. Time is ticking. And you only got so much left .so you better take responsibility for the thoughts you feed your mind .

If that's what you believe will happen..then that's what will happen .because your thoughts create reality .don't underestimate the power of thoughts and beliefs.  I'm telling you literally whatever you imagine that follows death. Is what's gonna happen.

2 hours ago, Gesundheit2 said:

@Someone here I believe that after death you will become enlightened.

Well,I will have to aske you what do you mean by enlightenment exactly?  This word has been so overused to the point no one knows what the fuck it means anymore. Same thing with words like "love " or "happiness ".so I ask you to define the term first .

1 hour ago, RMQualtrough said:

Did you also do that before this life? Did you go to a void where you got to choose your next life? If not I don't see it happening afterwards.

Yes .what was your state before you were born ? You were completely formless. Then magic ? happend ..God said "let there be light " and here you are . To think that you will end up in a black blank void after death is improbable to me. Because here you are .you exist .you were born once .why not born again? And again? And a gain ? To infinity....Well you get your answers. 

-Osho

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

Well,I will have to aske you what do you mean by enlightenment exactly?  This word has been so overused to the point no one knows what the fuck it means anymore. Same thing with words like "love " or "happiness ".so I ask you to define the term first .

Enlightenment (Buddhism): a final blessed state marked by the absence of desire or suffering.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

Yes .what was your state before you were born ? You were completely formless. Then magic ? happend ..God said "let there be light " and here you are . To think that you will end up in a black blank void after death is improbable to me. Because here you are .you exist .you were born once .why not born again? And again? And a gain ? To infinity....Well you get your answers. 

You haven't had (or alternatively, haven't yet processed), a mystical experience. And that is why you have to go through logic riddles which aren't correct. I've heard that one before. There's no void before your birth or after your death, there's no you to be in any void... See you can't remove the consciousness from you, but you can remove you from consciousness, and like a thought it's gone. And you don't feel terrified when a thought comes into your head and then disappears.

What you are doing is like, imagine a person having a thought, and they REALLLLLY think they're that particular thought. Maybe the word tiger is the thought. And because they think they will vanish when the thought vanishes (because that's what they think they are), they desperately cling on to that thought and try not to stop thinking it. But we know that when the person stops thinking of a tiger, they are still there... And now step back more, to a singular unified beingness which truly believes itself to be this person, which in turn is not made of anything BUT the thoughts and images which are constantly changing.

3 hours ago, RMQualtrough said:

You haven't had (or alternatively, haven't yet processed), a mystical experience. And that is why you have to go through logic riddles which aren't correct. I've heard that one before. There's no void before your birth or after your death, there's no you to be in any void... See you can't remove the consciousness from you, but you can remove you from consciousness, and like a thought it's gone. And you don't feel terrified when a thought comes into your head and then disappears.

What you are doing is like, imagine a person having a thought, and they REALLLLLY think they're that particular thought. Maybe the word tiger is the thought. And because they think they will vanish when the thought vanishes (because that's what they think they are), they desperately cling on to that thought and try not to stop thinking it. But we know that when the person stops thinking of a tiger, they are still there... And now step back more, to a singular unified beingness which truly believes itself to be this person, which in turn is not made of anything BUT the thoughts and images which are constantly changing.

Exactly you understand. The "I" or "me" is just a thought and one day...it will stop being thought lol. POOF!!

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

33 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

Exactly you understand. The "I" or "me" is just a thought and one day...it will stop being thought lol. POOF!!

Yes, after death you will disappear and that's it, because you are nothing. God will remain, which is already the case. we could say that we are god, but we are so identified with "i" that we are not. the i who fears to experience all the suffering of the universe will not experience anything, will disappear, and that's it. It was never real, although it seems so. god will obviously remain, but god is nothing like the "I" we think we are. it's like you want to understand the 19 dimensions of quantum physics, you can't. So , for who was scared about that video, don't worry about the sufferings of future lives, for us they don't exist and God doesn't care, there is not suffering, only us suffer, and we are not real. So let's play this game without any slightest fear

Edited by Breakingthewall

8 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

Yes, after death you will disappear and that's it, because you are nothing. God will remain, which is already the case. we could say that we are god, but we are so identified with "i" that we are not. the i who fears to experience all the suffering of the universe will not experience anything, will disappear, and that's it. It was never real, although it seems so. god will obviously remain, but god is nothing like the "I" we think we are. it's like you want to understand the 19 dimensions of quantum physics, you can't. So , for who was scared about that video, don't worry about the sufferings of future lives, for us they don't exist and God doesn't care, there is not suffering, only us suffer, and we are not real. So let's play this game without any slightest fear

I’m gonna counter this slightly. Because if there ever is a formed reality the awareness of that reality is the same awareness that you, or @Someone here currently are. So in a sense it is still you. Only of a different configuration you could say of your ego/limited consciousness, therefore giving a completely different sense of ‘I’ from an egoic perspective, basically a seeming different person to what you currently are aware of being. Once expanded to infinite levels it’s all the same one singular consciousness. So in reality it is ‘you’ which was scared of that video as you put it, just under a different configuration, conditioned so differently, completely uniquely, that you wouldn’t recognise it to be, until once again expanded to levels of infinite consciousness 

16 hours ago, Gesundheit2 said:

Enlightenment (Buddhism): a final blessed state marked by the absence of desire or suffering.

So Do you believe that that's what awaits you after death?

-Osho

5 minutes ago, Someone here said:

So Do you believe that that's what awaits you after death?

You, not me.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

1 hour ago, Gesundheit2 said:

You, not me.

I personally believe that after death I will end up in a hell realm. I can't challenge that belief.  I firmly believe that reality is fundamentally evil . And that's what's screwing up my whole life . There is no escaping infinity. If reality is absolutely infinite (which is the only way reality could exist at all ). Then you must experience EVERYTHING. And if you dream up hell..you can mateilize it .

About enlightenment,  I think enlightenment is not an experience.  It's not a state .its not "god realization ". Etc this is according to the Buddhist teaching.  

Sitting down under a tree, the Buddha vowed to remain there until he realized the truth. After a night of deep meditation, his Enlightenment came at dawn, and he was thereafter known as the Buddha, the "Awakened One." 

It was simply him recognising some fundamental truths (the truth of no self ..the truth of emptiness..and the truth of the relationship  between desire and suffering). So according to Buddhism there is no such thing as God. Enlightenment is something totally different.  But if you ask me I disagree with that . Buddhism is sort of atheistic nihilistic religion . I think the highest Enlightenment is  recognising absolute solipsism and that you are God imagining the entire reality. And then you take full responsibility for creating your reality . And that's what I'm failing to do .and that's why I'm filled with  pessimism about my own death. 

If you have some insight that can help me change my perspective. Then I will appreciate it .

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

21 hours ago, Batman said:

This is not an "insight". More like imaginative musings of a mind.

Exactly

18 minutes ago, Someone here said:

I firmly believe that reality is fundamentally evil . And that's what's screwing up my whole life .

These firm beliefs and speculations of yours are what's holding you back.

46 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Buddhism is sort of atheistic nihilistic religion

Well said. Buddhism is negative, simplistic and false imo

Edited by Breakingthewall

2 hours ago, Someone here said:

I personally believe that after death I will end up in a hell realm. I can't challenge that belief.  I firmly believe that reality is fundamentally evil . And that's what's screwing up my whole life . There is no escaping infinity. If reality is absolutely infinite (which is the only way reality could exist at all ). Then you must experience EVERYTHING. And if you dream up hell..you can mateilize it .

About enlightenment,  I think enlightenment is not an experience.  It's not a state .its not "god realization ". Etc this is according to the Buddhist teaching.  

Sitting down under a tree, the Buddha vowed to remain there until he realized the truth. After a night of deep meditation, his Enlightenment came at dawn, and he was thereafter known as the Buddha, the "Awakened One." 

It was simply him recognising some fundamental truths (the truth of no self ..the truth of emptiness..and the truth of the relationship  between desire and suffering). So according to Buddhism there is no such thing as God. Enlightenment is something totally different.  But if you ask me I disagree with that . Buddhism is sort of atheistic nihilistic religion . I think the highest Enlightenment is  recognising absolute solipsism and that you are God imagining the entire reality. And then you take full responsibility for creating your reality . And that's what I'm failing to do .and that's why I'm filled with  pessimism about my own death. 

If you have some insight that can help me change my perspective. Then I will appreciate it .

When you say YOU are God (and also when you say "God" surely you picture Zeus or some shit) you are wrong because you don't know what the thing being referred to as "you" is. I think it's probably just the easiest term to use when trying to describe it.

You probably don't think the universe and all your relatives etc end with you (not using the obvious time trickery that we can't experience in death). Because you think the world out there is a sentient and separate object. You though, are as indestructible as the solar system, as the entire universe. And you don't see it because you don't recognize you are existence itself. You think you are FUNDAMENTALLY something inside of existence and the fear, which is also just an appearance of course, is because you think that unlike the universe """your""" consciousness will cease to exist while everyone else carries on, and stars keep shining etc.