Thanasi

Martin Ball's Enlightment

20 posts in this topic

Leo had mentionted several times that enlightment might have degrees of deepth. I was wondering what's the degree of Martin Ball's enlightment and how someone can examine it?

@Thanasi It's like you're trying to judge how great a wine is without ever having tasted wine.

Taste a dozen wines first, then maybe things will become clearer.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

15 minutes ago, Martin123 said:

@Thanasi So Martin is at level 3, Rali at 2.5, Exkhart Tolle at 4.5 and Donald Trump at 12

I think Donald Trump is pure awareness,  The absolute itself.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

Doesn't matter. See what resonates and whom or what you are drawn to on your journey/exploration and stay with that. If he helps you with that, then that's fine. If not, fine, there are enough other teachers/dudes out there.

As Leo said, taste it.

You can "taste" Martin's enlightenment faster then any other teacher's enlightenment. ;) 

I'm very curious about Martin's critique on Terrance McKenna. He completely ridiculed him and his 'imaginary' world of machine elves. I just wonder how you can be so close minded to "other dimensions and realms" when you've had a taste of infinite infinity. 

54 minutes ago, Visionary said:

I'm very curious about Martin's critique on Terrance McKenna. He completely ridiculed him and his 'imaginary' world of machine elves. I just wonder how you can be so close minded to "other dimensions and realms" when you've had a taste of infinite infinity. 

Why do you want to believe so bad that there are other dimensions? It's just a belief, why do you defend it? Thinking about other dimensions is just mental masturbation. That's why it feels so good. :))

Even this world is just our mental projection. At least that's what the law of attraction says. Why would "other dimensions" be anything else then our mental projection? And why does it matter if other dimensions are real or not, when you are the infinite source of it all? :) 

his enlightenment goes balls deep

"I gently pushed my hand into my pocket and pulled the last one out, it trembled at first and clung to my hand. "Go on, it will be ok," I whispered. Encouraged, it flexed its wings and I knew the time was right. It flew up towards the blue, blue sky and I looked proudly as it's made its way to freedom. The last of my fucks was finally given."

48 minutes ago, Barna said:

Why do you want to believe so bad that there are other dimensions? It's just a belief, why do you defend it? Thinking about other dimensions is just mental masturbation. That's why it feels so good. :))

Even this world is just our mental projection. At least that's what the law of attraction says. Why would "other dimensions" be anything else then our mental projection? And why does it matter if other dimensions are real or not, when you are the infinite source of it all? :) 

There is no defense here whatsoever. Our taste of reality is caged inside our senses. So it's not a matter of wishing or desiring. Rather, call it humbleness.

This is infinity we're speaking of. How can one NOT be radically open minded after seeing infinity. It's very contradictory to me. 

Why don't you ask him to elaborate, how are we suppose to know? Interesting that he said that though, I resonate with it, the Self is infinite after all.

2 hours ago, Visionary said:

I emailed him about it,  I proposed why I believed in non-physical realms to him, he said something along the lines of 'when everything is one intersubjective experiences are expected'.

So I don't think he doesn't belief it's unreal per se, but it's unreal ultimately, just as unreal as this, whereas Terrence kind of puts the experience on a pedestal and Martin just likes to make fun of that from what I see.

7 hours ago, Barna said:

Ok. Here's something I noticed. You're not the only one who said what you said here. I think it's ok for anyone to acknowledge that there are other dimensions and also the infinity too. Why not? Even we are a non-duel dimension. Just as long as we don't get obsessed or attached with it. The same goes for an infinity experience. 

I'm talking along the lines of loved ones passing away and appearing again to family members. 

Edited by Key Elements

If this dimension is an illusion, then every other dimension must be an illusion as well. But let's say that the illusion of this "reality" dimension is real, then we have to define what the word "real" means. I would define it as the following: everything is real that has a consequence in this reality. So for example the illusion of the dreams are not real, because the things that happen in the dream don't have consequences in this reality.

Now let's look at the DMT experience. Does it have any physical effect? Does your DMT experience effect other people? Can you communicate with other people in your DMT state? If no, then I cannot call the DMT dimension real. And if it doesn't have any consequences on reality, then why does it even matter if the DMT dimension really exists, or if it is just in your head? :) 

17 hours ago, Key Elements said:

I'm talking along the lines of loved ones passing away and appearing again to family members. 

After you have the infinity experience, you realize that state is the most satisfying state there is. You will feel sorry for your loved ones for being stuck here in a "ghost" form. (If there is something like that at all.)

7 hours ago, Barna said:

If this dimension is an illusion, then every other dimension must be an illusion as well. But let's say that the illusion of this "reality" dimension is real, then we have to define what the word "real" means. I would define it as the following: everything is real that has a consequence in this reality. So for example the illusion of the dreams are not real, because the things that happen in the dream don't have consequences in this reality.

Now let's look at the DMT experience. Does it have any physical effect? Does your DMT experience effect other people? Can you communicate with other people in your DMT state? If no, then I cannot call the DMT dimension real. And if it doesn't have any consequences on reality, then why does it even matter if the DMT dimension really exists, or if it is just in your head? :) 

After you have the infinity experience, you realize that state is the most satisfying state there is. You will feel sorry for your loved ones for being stuck here in a "ghost" form. (If there is something like that at all.)

All right. You may conclude as you wish, but to me, something is just not quite right here. Sounds like what you said is a very hasty conclusion. What you said only relates to the infinity. This, in the forum, has been the norm. It certainly seems like it. Norms are only idealisms. Why is it so wrong to talk about other experiences? This is still unclear. I wouldn't label another person delusional just for talking about an experience out of DMT or any psychedelics norm. Labels are for canned foods.

How do you know that other ppl's dead loved ones are not in heaven? Or, should I call it heaven phenomenon? You don't know that. You just assumed that they are "ghosts." Don't assume other ppl's experiences. 

Edited by Key Elements

On 2/11/2017 at 6:44 AM, Visionary said:

I can see now why.  I found Martin's article.

http://realitysandwich.com/51650/terence_dmt/

//

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terence_McKenna

Edited by Joseph Maynor