BipolarGrowth

LooksMaxxing is a Valid Self-Development Area of Focus

23 posts in this topic

looking miles healthier bro(: super happy for you

careful with the 1stman guy though. huge shadow. not conductive for our path(: its a child's play. looksmaxxing is legit of course.

Edited by Kshantivadin

No it isn't.

1) being overly concerned about how you look generates neediness and puts you in your head and kills confidence, you could be better off not caring and looking uglier 

2) studies show what women find physically attractive is even less consistent than what men find attractive. You could try going for a specific style and look, and do great at it, but end up actually looking worse for another woman who doesn't like that type. I knew a attractive girl who specifically liked guys with beer guts. Granted that's an extreme example and being fit is overall better, but still.

Edited by Raze

12 minutes ago, Raze said:

No it isn't.

1) being overly concerned about how you look generates neediness and puts you in your head and kills confidence, you could be better off not caring and looking uglier 

Yes plus being narcissistic is really unattractive. 

12 minutes ago, Raze said:

2) studies show what women find physically attractive is even less consistent than what men find attractive. You could try going for a specific style and look, and do great at it, but end up actually looking worse for another woman who doesn't like that type. I knew a attractive girl who specifically liked guys with beer guts. Granted that's an extreme example and being fit is overall better, but still.

I think a lot of girls like a men with a bit of belly, it’s not that uncommon. Beer belly is a bit extreme though. 

I think both sides are right. I think you should think about routines of how you can looksmax yourself once, implement it and then don’t bother about it anymore. For example I put some effort into what hairstyle looks the best on me. Now I just show my hairdresser the same photo every time and I don’t care about it anymore. -> I don’t care about how I look, but I still look my best. 

31 minutes ago, Raze said:

No it isn't.

See here for the opinion of someone who looks like shit and enjoys deluding themselves as if this is the best approach to life.

You shouldn’t judge a book by its cover, but ask yourself if the content is the exact same, would a better cover not be ideal? 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

2 hours ago, Kshantivadin said:

looking miles healthier bro(: super happy for you

careful with the 1stman guy though. huge shadow. not conductive for our path(: its a child's play. looksmaxxing is legit of course.

Thanks man. I’m already completely aware of this trap, but I appreciate the effort to try to steer another in a positive direction. That is highly commendable. 

I share this content with the assumption that everyone here likely already knows the issues with going too far in the direction of people like 1STMAN if other areas such as the more feminine and masculine areas are not developed as well. 

Edited by BipolarGrowth

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 

I don't know, I think if you want to look better that's totally valid.  Plus, being in shape is healthy and that's a good thing.  Do what you feel is best for you, don't worry about what other people say, you're not going to turn into a narcissist from exercise, lol.  Personally, I don't place a lot of importance in appearance, for myself or others, but at the same time, looks are indeed important in this world.  You'll get ahead in life much easier if you look better, this is a fact, for men and for women.  Nothing wrong with wanting to be pretty and sharing your results, you clearly put a lot of work into yourself and you're doing great, so keep it up!  All the best.

2 hours ago, Loba said:

I don't know, I think if you want to look better that's totally valid.  Plus, being in shape is healthy and that's a good thing.  Do what you feel is best for you, don't worry about what other people say, you're not going to turn into a narcissist from exercise, lol.  Personally, I don't place a lot of importance in appearance, for myself or others, but at the same time, looks are indeed important in this world.  You'll get ahead in life much easier if you look better, this is a fact, for men and for women.  Nothing wrong with wanting to be pretty and sharing your results, you clearly put a lot of work into yourself and you're doing great, so keep it up!  All the best.

It definitely helps in many areas, but I don’t regret focusing on spirituality and other areas for several years. It feels good to level up this area now that I’m satisfied with my spiritual progress thus far. 

@Raze

Answer to

1) Wrong if you don't do it from neediness. The guy driving Lamborghini isn't instantly needy.

2) Physical beautifulnes isn't the thing which makes people in love with you, but it qualifies you to try.

-joNi-

Who told you that "others" are real?

I think it’s good to work on looking better to boost your self-image. But while you do that, I think it’s massively important that you do it for yourself + that you stay aware of your attachment to your look. 

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

@Max_V for sure. I want to be aesthetic for myself more than anything else. Looking at a piece of shit physical form in the mirror is not as fun or enlivening as looking at a shredded motherfucker staring back at you. 

@KH2 I agree that it is more of a feminine energy pursuit IF it’s only for looks. When you add in an element of achieving strength goals, developing proficiency in a discipline, pushing yourself to your limits and far past comfort, etc. it becomes more neutral or even masculine overall. 

I dunno why it has to be so complicated in terms of content. I think op just wanted to express appreciation of beauty and frame it in a way how most men in a manosphere would understand it currently, as it's a mess. For a guy to "max out" on beauty is advice given in every PD book, the bigger perspective is appreciating beauty. I also think this is what OP is enjoying and wants to pinpoint to, as many guys would misinterpret this. Enjoying for example as a man ones own strength has a beautiful quality in itself. 

Definitely nice to see someone works for his results and reaps the benefits! I dunno there are many factors that hook women, I mean maxing looks as a good looking guy, especially when I do online-dating and considering results, it definitely works also creativity. Also a body also speaks character, so certainly a lot of ladies will enjoy physically attractive men, I can attest personally. Both sides fit and unfit. Definitely fit is more fun, yet mostly because you value health... and people often feel that energy.

Edited by ValiantSalvatore

..so basically going to the gym and developing healthy habits like mewing and eating healthy food?

Since when is that unhealthy?

And before anyone says something dumb like "it's bad to be overly concerned about your appearance" ..that's purely projection and irrelevant.  No one says "running is bad as it's unhealthy to be overly concerned about your running ability".

One last point.. even if it's 100% for aesthetics and confidence.. women wear makeup and that's not even got any healthy side-effects.  Do only beta femcels wear makeup?  Exactly.  If makeup has no stigma, then developing a more defined jawline or physique or whatever shouldn't have any stigma either.

That said, Orange guys who take this seriously make me cringe.

Edited by thisintegrated

Generally, health and attractiveness go together. As along as all things are in balance I think it’s a good thing. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@thisintegrated you make some very good points here. The point of this thread was just to promote the benefits of an area I think a lot of people here have probably started neglecting due to the nature of spiritual work. The main benefits of the switch I made have been higher levels of energy, more emotional stability, greatly improved circadian rhythm, rather effortless alignment with a far healthier diet, more confidence, and better life results in pretty much every area.

I can go on my Facebook and share a rare and potentially infinitely valuable insight, and no one will care or notice. It will quickly get hidden by the algorithm. No one who is not on the path of spiritual development for 5+ years to a rather rigorous degree has a chance of even sensing my development in those immaterial areas, but when I became better looking, I immediately received an exponential increase in attention and respect from normal people. The truth is that most people cannot tell much beyond the unavoidable forms in front of their eyes. 

@Something Funny thanks! I’m 26

7 minutes ago, BipolarGrowth said:

@thisintegrated you make some very good points here. The point of this thread was just to promote the benefits of an area I think a lot of people here have probably started neglecting due to the nature of spiritual work. The main benefits of the switch I made have been higher levels of energy, more emotional stability, greatly improved circadian rhythm, rather effortless alignment with a far healthier diet, more confidence, and better life results in pretty much every area.

I can go on my Facebook and share a rare and potentially infinitely valuable insight, and no one will care or notice. It will quickly get hidden by the algorithm. No one who is not on the path of spiritual development for 5+ years to a rather rigorous degree has a chance of even sensing my development in those immaterial areas, but when I became better looking, I immediately received an exponential increase in attention and respect from normal people. The truth is that most people cannot tell much beyond the unavoidable forms in front of their eyes. 

Seeking recognition for looks or for profound insights is no different.  Both are Orange.