Espaim

I'm entering Stage Yellow and Spiral Dynamics is awesome

29 posts in this topic

I talk with lots of people of different backgrounds at university, being an extrovert myself. I'm noticing the patterns. It's pretty obvious that some courses (humanities) skew green and constantly criticize the STEM part of the university. And vice versa.

It's like an ideological war and I watch the conflicting values, understanding that they don't understand each other and are trying to impose their own values on other people.

The humanities part criticize the STEM for pursuing money, success and ignoring politics too much, and the STEM part criticizes the other side because they are kinda inefficient, due to discussing too much and going tangencially, discussing feelings and placing too much emphasis on consensus even if that's not the best course of action to achieve a goal.

I can see the partiality in both perspectives but I had some backlash when trying to point it out. I'm misunderstood by both types.

As a tangent, Blue isn't very present in university but it helped with my family relations, as now I can get along with my family and older blue people really easy now that I know they couldn't be any other way due to their upbringing and etc.

Right now I don't know how to deliver what I can see but I hope I will learn how to do it. Or not, really. Maybe I shouldn't do anything and just focus on my vision.

I'm just showing my appreciation for this model. I've been studying it for years alongside with other models. It's awesome to be able to understand everyone's values and be non-judgmental(for the most part) even if i don't agree with them. Awesome ??

Edited by Espaim

It's a great model and it's really rewarding to see all of it play out in the world. The real work though is seeing these different stages conflicting in yourself and working towards integrating them in a healthy way. Embodying Tier 2 sure as hell is not easy, but it's a great goal to strive for.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

Yup, tier one sees everyone from their tier one lens. 

Tier 2 is so juicy lol

I often feel like a quiet tower just observing 

“resurrected living in a lighthouse if you leave them ships will go to wreck… resurrected living in a light house can’t you see you funny side? Them ships will go to wreck… the lions and the lambs ain’t sleepin yet” - Arcadefire 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Immersing myself in Turquoise over the last year has had the effect of pulling me more solidly into Yellow.  What I like most about this stage is that you can have respectful conversations with people who have vastly different worldviews than you without being triggered. 

The moment I figured I had made some progress was when I briefly discussed God at the end of a class with my english tutor, a christian fundamentalist.  While he was going on about why it was a good thing to be a ''God fearing man'', I remember thinking ''he's a good dude who happens to be running a christianity software''.  I kept working with him until I moved out of the city. 

Edited by martin_malin

It's better to be judgmental so you hold a stronger opinion on something. Just joking.:D

Remember: to have true enlightenment as a human means to have an Absolute control over your Free Will. 

Try not to use Tier 2 or Tier 1 stuff as a crutch to control your thinking process. There’s world’s beyond that stuff if you get the creativity and brain for it. 

You have been gifted the Golden Kappa~! 

6 minutes ago, Thewritersunion said:

Remember: to have true enlightenment as a human means to have an Absolute control over your Free Will. 

Best quote on the forum

5 hours ago, MarkKol said:

Hi yellow, I'm Green 

Hey buddy! I hope you're having a nice day

39 minutes ago, Thewritersunion said:

Try not to use Tier 2 or Tier 1 stuff as a crutch to control your thinking process. There’s world’s beyond that stuff if you get the creativity and brain for it. 

@Thewritersunion Do you mean it would be good to not get fixated on the models? To think whatever I want to, regardless of what tier it belongs in theory?

Edited by Espaim

3 hours ago, Thewritersunion said:

Using a variety of models to interpret reality is what stage yellow is all about

You can’t spiritually bypass any stage on the spiral 

The game of survival cannot be won. 

@Espaim what are the courses in STEM that skew towards green and Humanities courses which skew towards orange values?

What about complexity science?  Ai,etc Is it truly yellow or upgraded orange? Coz when I consume content of it ,I feel the people just skipped the green stage and directly use network-logic(vision logic) ,their ontology is still materialism or Maybe spiral dynamics model doesn't apply here . 

@flyingguitarist There isn’t really but it is a quantum leap in understanding and seeing. Like seeing a mountain range when others see the base of the mountain. Your not better, which is a tier 2 understanding 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Thought Art

8 hours ago, Thought Art said:

@flyingguitarist There isn’t really but it is a quantum leap in understanding and seeing.

When and how can we realise that we are at Tier 2 precisely ? Coz earlier I've falled into the trap of thinking that i was in stage Yellow but I am not . Mostly Orange-Green-red 

Edited by flyingguitarist

On 10.8.2022 at 10:28 PM, Espaim said:

I talk with lots of people of different backgrounds at university, being an extrovert myself. I'm noticing the patterns. It's pretty obvious that some courses (humanities) skew green and constantly criticize the STEM part of the university. And vice versa.

It's like an ideological war and I watch the conflicting values, understanding that they don't understand each other and are trying to impose their own values on other people.

The humanities part criticize the STEM for pursuing money, success and ignoring politics too much, and the STEM part criticizes the other side because they are kinda inefficient, due to discussing too much and going tangencially, discussing feelings and placing too much emphasis on consensus even if that's not the best course of action to achieve a goal.

I can see the partiality in both perspectives but I had some backlash when trying to point it out. I'm misunderstood by both types.

As a tangent, Blue isn't very present in university but it helped with my family relations, as now I can get along with my family and older blue people really easy now that I know they couldn't be any other way due to their upbringing and etc.

Right now I don't know how to deliver what I can see but I hope I will learn how to do it. Or not, really. Maybe I shouldn't do anything and just focus on my vision.

I'm just showing my appreciation for this model. I've been studying it for years alongside with other models. It's awesome to be able to understand everyone's values and be non-judgmental(for the most part) even if i don't agree with them. Awesome ??

You might be judged and cancelled if you are cool with it you are tier 2

On 8/10/2022 at 0:28 PM, Espaim said:

Good work!

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 8/11/2022 at 3:28 AM, Espaim said:

To be fair, the STEM fields are significantly more full of shit. Efficiency doesn't matter if the goal you are pursuing is rubbish to begin with.

Be careful not to fall too much into the trap of Stage Yellow relativity that you become ineffective yourself.

At least for now, I find it much better to pragmatically ally with the Humanities as they need all the help they can get to push humanity away from shallow materialistic goals into higher-level values of Love, Happiness, and Ethics.

Edited by Extreme Z7

14 minutes ago, Extreme Z7 said:

the STEM fields are significantly more full of shit.

I'd bet the humanities are more full of shit overall than STEM.

It's harder to bullshit your way through STEM. There is bullshit in STEM but it lives at a deeper metaphysical/epistemic level that is beyond the ken or need of most humans.

Just now, Leo Gura said:

I'd bet the humanities are more full of shit overall than STEM.

You haven't seen the arrogant reactionary STEMlords I've seen. ;)

But if I'm being fully honest, I'm only beginning to dip my toes into looking into the whole Hard vs Soft Sciences fight in universities. It seems to me that the worst of the worst of the "Rationalist" Hard Science side tends to be pushed out of or resign from academia due to disliking the new social standards and diversity goals the humanities is trying to push. So maybe perhaps STEM fields are less full of shit in the sense that the worst that they have to offer aren't even a part of academia anymore, meanwhile the most irrational of the humanities are still hanging about because they still fit comfortably within the overall status quo.

46 minutes ago, Extreme Z7 said:

the new social standards and diversity goals the humanities is trying to push.

Plenty of BS in there.

I don't have a high opinion of soft science academia. Although we are way over-generalizing here. There are good academics to be found within all fields. You just gotta be choosy.